Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10654262 times)

travelinbeat

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #27480 on: September 06, 2012, 11:58:04 am »
K'naan at RnR on Nov 3, tix onsale tomorrow at 10am for $25.
Roky Erikson at RnR on Nov 12, tix onsale tomorrow at 10am for $25.

I caught him at Black Cat in Nov 2010-- it was a pretty rough performance but the legacy-value of Roky makes it a show worth seeing.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 12:10:39 pm by travelinbeat »

atomicfront

« Reply #27481 on: September 06, 2012, 01:30:11 pm »
So Billy Corrigan is playing the Patriot Center on Nov 3.  I find it suprising that he is using the Smashing Pumpkins name if he is playing his new album "Ocenania" straight through.  Aren't these type of album shows for albums from a bands past that are considered classics?  Like maybe he should play "Gish".  And if he is playing a new album why not just play as Billy Corrigan.  I am sure there will be a lot of angry fans on this tour.  I wouldn't see him at this point at the ottobar or the metro gallery for 10 bucks.  Maybe he can team up with axl who could play Chinese Democracy.

killsaly

« Reply #27482 on: September 06, 2012, 01:39:34 pm »
His name is Corgan by the way.

hutch

« Reply #27483 on: September 06, 2012, 01:42:14 pm »
So Billy Corrigan is playing the Patriot Center on Nov 3.  I find it suprising that he is using the Smashing Pumpkins name if he is playing his new album "Ocenania" straight through.  Aren't these type of album shows for albums from a bands past that are considered classics?  Like maybe he should play "Gish".  And if he is playing a new album why not just play as Billy Corrigan.  I am sure there will be a lot of angry fans on this tour.  I wouldn't see him at this point at the ottobar or the metro gallery for 10 bucks.  Maybe he can team up with axl who could play Chinese Democracy.

yeah.. what gall to play the new album with this new songs instead of something from 20 years ago!

there's a lot to criticize about Billy "Corrigan" but the fact he has the balls to stand behind his new music is not one of those things..

atomicfront

« Reply #27484 on: September 06, 2012, 01:51:31 pm »

yeah.. what gall to play the new album with this new songs instead of something from 20 years ago!

there's a lot to criticize about Billy "Corrigan" but the fact he has the balls to stand behind his new music is not one of those things..

The reason he is using the smashing pumpkins name is no one wanted to see him play new songs.  So he is calling it smashing pumpkins but playng new songs.  pathetic.  if he wants to play a new ablum good for him just use his own name whatever that is.

hutch

« Reply #27485 on: September 06, 2012, 02:27:27 pm »

The reason he is using the smashing pumpkins name is no one wanted to see him play new songs.  So he is calling it smashing pumpkins but playng new songs.  pathetic.  if he wants to play a new ablum good for him just use his own name whatever that is.

dude, he is the smashing pumpkins.. get over it.

And I think its great he's playing the new album in its entirety.. shows some balls.

just wish "corrigan" wasn't such a douchebag..

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #27486 on: September 06, 2012, 03:59:52 pm »
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #27487 on: September 06, 2012, 04:04:44 pm »

And I think its great he's playing the new album in its entirety.. shows some balls.

If he is the smashing pumpkinms how come they suck since the original line-up no longer exists?  Billy is the pumpkins only because no one will see him under any other name.  So he doesn't want to be the pumpkins he is jealous of his old band mates so he tries to record his own crappy music that everyone hates and then says it is the smashing pumpkins so the poeple who have no clue that it is just billy and some other losers will go and pay a lot of money to see him and then boo when al lhe plays are new songs that they don't want to hear.

hutch

« Reply #27488 on: September 06, 2012, 04:14:23 pm »

If he is the smashing pumpkinms how come they suck since the original line-up no longer exists?  Billy is the pumpkins only because no one will see him under any other name.  So he doesn't want to be the pumpkins he is jealous of his old band mates so he tries to record his own crappy music that everyone hates and then says it is the smashing pumpkins so the poeple who have no clue that it is just billy and some other losers will go and pay a lot of money to see him and then boo when al lhe plays are new songs that they don't want to hear.

Dude/dudette, you're making a jackass of yourself.. we all know you've not even heard the new "Billy Corrigan" record!

atomicfront

« Reply #27489 on: September 06, 2012, 10:27:48 pm »

Dude/dudette, you're making a jackass of yourself.. we all know you've not even heard the new "Billy Corrigan" record!

Of course I haven't listened to his new album.  I listened to the first zwan "pumpkins" album and I knew the talent of the real pumpkins was not billy no matter how he portray's the past. 

serpent boy

« Reply #27490 on: September 06, 2012, 10:35:38 pm »
(Sorry to pollute this thread without an announcement!)

Oceania's a really solid record. Listen to it. I'm glad Corgan's playing the music he loves.

azaghal1981

« Reply #27491 on: September 07, 2012, 01:08:19 am »
Bands have done the new album in entirety thing forever. Sonic youth played their new album on each tour for the latter 20 years of their career.
احمد

James Ford

« Reply #27492 on: September 07, 2012, 06:59:19 am »
Why the apostrophe in "portrays"?

Of course I haven't listened to his new album.  I listened to the first zwan "pumpkins" album and I knew the talent of the real pumpkins was not billy no matter how he portray's the past. 

shemptiness

« Reply #27493 on: September 07, 2012, 07:32:57 am »
At RHL...

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah 10/8
Deftones 10/26

atomicfront

« Reply #27494 on: September 07, 2012, 09:43:38 am »
Bands have done the new album in entirety thing forever. Sonic youth played their new album on each tour for the latter 20 years of their career.

Yeah and Sonic Youth is a band who were terrbile live when I saw them.  Kim Gordon looked like she was on some serious drugs and pretened to play bass and yeah they played mostly new songs that most people hadnt heard before.  And might explain why their last show in this area was at the 930 club instead of a bigger venue.