Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10656112 times)

K8teebug

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #27615 on: September 19, 2012, 11:21:12 am »
lady gaga tickets went on presale today.  the only tickets available during said presale:

400 sections, all the way in the back, all the way up top . . . two hundred dollars each.

fuck her!

That is nuts.

hutch

« Reply #27616 on: September 19, 2012, 12:49:20 pm »
for thatguy

Clutch
12-26

fatskippy

« Reply #27617 on: September 19, 2012, 01:33:22 pm »
lady gaga tickets went on presale today.  the only tickets available during said presale:

400 sections, all the way in the back, all the way up top . . . two hundred dollars each.

fuck her!

If you're talking about the Citi card presale, that's incorrect. I pulled 100 level.

hutch

« Reply #27618 on: September 19, 2012, 01:38:24 pm »

fuck her!

If you're talking about the Citi card presale, that's incorrect. I pulled 100 level.

walkie is just not having a good week... everyone take it easy on him...

atomicfront

« Reply #27619 on: September 19, 2012, 03:03:56 pm »
English Beat at state theater 10/12
Nice setlist from a recent show--
1.Rough Rider 
2.Tears of a Clown
3.Hands Off She's mine
4.Twist & Crawl
5.I'll Take You There
6.Click Click
7.Save It for Later
8.Whine and Grind/Stand Down Margaret
9.Two Swords
10.Can't Get Used to Losing You
11.I Confess
12.Best Friend 
13.Doors of Your Heart 
14.Too Nice to Talk To
15.Walk Away
16.Sole Salvation
17.Tenderness
18.Ranking Full Stop 
19.Mirror in the Bathroom

Anyone seen them recently?

no i haven't seen them but it is just david wakeling I believe.  And as I saw general public in 1984 and it was david and ranking rodger and they did english beat songs I don't think i need to see  them now.

hutch

« Reply #27620 on: September 19, 2012, 03:09:18 pm »
English Beat at state theater 10/12
Nice setlist from a recent show--
1.Rough Rider 
2.Tears of a Clown
3.Hands Off She's mine
4.Twist & Crawl
5.I'll Take You There
6.Click Click
7.Save It for Later
8.Whine and Grind/Stand Down Margaret
9.Two Swords
10.Can't Get Used to Losing You
11.I Confess
12.Best Friend 
13.Doors of Your Heart 
14.Too Nice to Talk To
15.Walk Away
16.Sole Salvation
17.Tenderness
18.Ranking Full Stop 
19.Mirror in the Bathroom

Anyone seen them recently?

no i haven't seen them but it is just david wakeling I believe.  And as I saw general public in 1984 and it was david and ranking rodger and they did english beat songs I don't think i need to see  them now.

ok everyone, atomicfront doesn't need to see them... now you know!

yes, its only wakeling..still he's pretty much the key ingredient... ranking rodger tours as "the beat" in europe.

wml7

« Reply #27621 on: September 19, 2012, 04:47:19 pm »
Nas Lauryn Hill
Dar 11/4
 ;D

hutch

« Reply #27622 on: September 19, 2012, 04:51:20 pm »
Nas Lauryn Hill
Dar 11/4
 ;D

I think you got the date wrong.. I'm hearing they take the stage 11/5!

;D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 05:56:04 pm by hutch »

wml7

« Reply #27623 on: September 19, 2012, 05:12:56 pm »
Oh ok one of those days
 ;D

hutch

« Reply #27624 on: September 19, 2012, 08:11:18 pm »
NRBQ
11-18
State Theatre

Hutch recommends this..

travelinbeat

« Reply #27625 on: September 20, 2012, 01:00:17 am »
Nas Lauryn Hill
Dar 11/4
 ;D

would love to hit this-- too bad DAR is shit  ::)

atomicfront

« Reply #27626 on: September 20, 2012, 09:49:46 pm »
yes, its only wakeling..still he's pretty much the key ingredient... ranking rodger tours as "the beat" in europe.

Well the band was always called the beat in europe.  The English thing was only for the US.  You sure like to think that one member of the band makes it legite.  This isnt the beat or the engish beat.  It is Dave Wakeling.  He was alternately calling the band general public or english beat depending on what he thought could sell more tickets.  Obviously when you are missing the guitarist, the drummer, the bass player, the sax player and a singer you don't have the real thing.  If you want to see Dave perform beat songs that is fine but don't pretend you are seeing the beat.  You are not.  And the guitarist and bass player had some massive hits outside the beat so it's not like they were just along for the ride.

hutch

« Reply #27627 on: September 20, 2012, 10:15:26 pm »

Well the band was always called the beat in europe.  The English thing was only for the US.  You sure like to think that one member of the band makes it legite.  This isnt the beat or the engish beat.  It is Dave Wakeling.  He was alternately calling the band general public or english beat depending on what he thought could sell more tickets.  Obviously when you are missing the guitarist, the drummer, the bass player, the sax player and a singer you don't have the real thing.  If you want to see Dave perform beat songs that is fine but don't pretend you are seeing the beat.  You are not.  And the guitarist and bass player had some massive hits outside the beat so it's not like they were just along for the ride.

It's the English Beat man... and they put on a great show.. all the great English Beat tunes.. one after the other.. bam bam bam...highly recommended for fans of the ENGLISH BEAT. Draws a nice crowd too...

Glad atomicfront won't be there as he's a real stick in the mud.

hutch

« Reply #27628 on: September 20, 2012, 10:16:47 pm »

Well the band was always called the beat in europe. 

of course I knew this.. what do you take me for dude? You think I didn't know that???

you're crazy.

atomicfront

« Reply #27629 on: September 21, 2012, 12:01:17 am »

It's the English Beat man... and they put on a great show.. all the great English Beat tunes.. one after the other.. bam bam bam...highly recommended for fans of the ENGLISH BEAT. Draws a nice crowd too...

Glad atomicfront won't be there as he's a real stick in the mud.

well tenderness is a general public song.  I would more likely see it if he didn't lie about the name of the band.  Tour under his own name and play whatever he wants and I would see him.