Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 9993371 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #27900 on: November 05, 2012, 05:42:15 pm »
is this for real?  or more bs?  the day before election?   :-\

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/13328725-mitt-romney-faces-ethics-charges-for-auto-bailout-profiteering

if this was indeed an election ploy, you'd think they would have done so a few days earlier so media could have picked up on it.  kinda late doing this today - having this neews go public on election day is too late. also, the fact that it's such an unknown website pushing this has me questioning how reliable it is.

edit: looks like it's a real story, at least - http://uaw.org/articles/unions-good-government-groups-file-ethics-complaint-against-romney-failing-disclose-big-aut
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #27901 on: November 05, 2012, 05:57:23 pm »
Sons and Mumford
Patriot Center
2/13
 ;D

RustyOrgan

« Reply #27902 on: November 05, 2012, 06:02:03 pm »
I really like that ZWAN album!!

zwan fucking ruled.  the end.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #27903 on: November 07, 2012, 11:40:06 am »
this is really worth it (been using it for the past 2 years)

ON-SALE FRIDAY NOVEMBER 16TH
OTTOBAR SEASON PASSES FOR SALE!
SEE PRACTICALLY EVERY SHOW IN 2013 FOR ONLY $80!!
Limited Amount of Passes On-Sale Thru Missiontix.com

(_|_)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #27904 on: November 07, 2012, 11:45:08 am »
ENSLAVED / PALLBEARER / ANCIENT WISDOM
Ottobar
1/31
(_|_)

nkotb

« Reply #27905 on: November 07, 2012, 01:16:35 pm »
When/where is that METZ show?  Still not 100% sold on the album, but it's been a while since I've been out, and that one seems like it'll be a rager.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #27906 on: November 07, 2012, 01:26:28 pm »
november 17th at red palace i believe

i really dig that album...will probably end up going to the show

Relaxer

« Reply #27907 on: November 07, 2012, 04:31:52 pm »
That's right, 11/17 at Red Palace. That place is great because they have a great selection of rye. And it's in walking distance of my house. Those two facts synchronize well with my interests.
oword

travelinbeat

« Reply #27908 on: November 08, 2012, 12:39:31 am »
DC9 Doesn't list it yet, but the band "3" has postponed their show there tomorrow due to weather up in NY (which is where they're coming from)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 12:45:24 am by travelinbeat »

snailhook

« Reply #27909 on: November 08, 2012, 03:35:51 am »
Clavius Productions presents the Kuschty Rye Ergot South US tour kickoff:

Thursday, November 8
CD Cellar
2607 Wilson Blvd, Arlington VA
703-248-0635
$5 sugested donation
8pm, all ages

Kuschty Rye Ergot (mem. of Kohoutek)
Borborites (Andrew McCarry's farewell show!)
Teething Veils (mem. of Silo Halo/The Antiques)
Domesticated Wild Drones (mem. of Lorelei)

Kuschty Rye Ergot
http://www.myspace.com/kuschtyryeergot

Kuschty Rye Ergot is the new project from long-time DC area multi-instrumentalist/vocalist John Stanton. A collective as opposed to a fixed lineup, performances range from drifty slowburn Popol Vuh-ish watercolour solo guitar/synth constructs to full blown ensemble sonic exhaust blasts, along with occasional stripped down acoustic folk musings. Elements of many of Stanton's wide-ranging previous efforts (Redeemers, Cash Slave Clique, Nik Turner/Harvey Bainbridge of Hawkwind, Spaceseed, Promise Breakers, Cotton & Billawtm) are in evidence, refracted via a prism of spatial folk, electronics, and whatever else the lineup du jour shakes loose from their collective tree. A universe where Ronnie Lane and COB channel Dome and Peter Hammill? You decide. In addition, John sometimes performs as a member of DC improv-psych band Kouhotek, playing guitar, synth, electric piano, and other instruments. Kuschty Rye Ergot has three self-released recordings and a 3" EP on Kendra Steiner Editions, and has shared stages with acts as varied as Flower Travelin' Band, Love with Johnny Echols, Bobb Trimble, Amps For Christ, Horseback and Sharon van Etten.

Volcanic Tongue on the new KRE 3" on Kendra Steiner Editions:

Hand-numbered edition of 75 copies CD-R from psychedelic pioneer, out guitarist and exemplary head John Stanton aka Kuschty Rye Ergot. This is a pretty incredible recording, a multi-layered trip through American Primitive guitar, howling peyote ritual, Folkways environmental sounds and the kind of DIY madmanisms of Charlie Nothing before cohering into some fantastic pulse-based psychedelic rock. KSE have released a ton of great material this far but this has gotta be my favourite from the label to date. "Kuschty Rye Ergot mainman John Stanton has been a psychedelic soldier for decades, providing the greater Washington, DC area with a much-needed pure higher-key presence. When I lived in Virginia in the 1980s, I always looked forward to visiting DC two or three times a year and catching John Stanton with bands such as Gigolo Aunt, and I had the privilege of listening to many a Psycho and Heyoka and Breeder reissue with Mr. Stanton back then. A fine technician on the guitar, he exists somewhere within that rainbow running from Robbie Basho and Sandy Bull through Djinn Aquarian through Matt Valentine, yet he's always been his own man. When KSE began issuing music cdrs last year, one of my first tasks was to find John Stanton and get him to release something with KSE. SENESCENCE is the result. A three-part seamless swirling trip recorded live in DC in 2008, SENESCENCE has the warm glow and viscous flow of the best trips, musical or otherwise. You'll be reminded of everything from Ya Ho Wa 13's PENETRATION to Tony Conrad and Faust's OUTSIDE THE DREAM SYNDICATE on this 19-minute inner journey, but it's 100% Stanton. KSE is proud to offer this unique 3" cdr from one of the East Coast's greatest psychedelic warriors. Don't wait for some European or Japanese label to proclaim Stanton a genius and issue a multi-cd box of his rarities dating back to the early 80s. He's still at it, both with Kuschty Rye Ergot and also as a member of Kohoutek, and this must-own disc captures him at his purest." Bill Shute.

Teething Veils
http://etxerecords.com/teething-veils/
Teething Veils is a band perpetrated by songwriter Greg Svitil. It began in 2006 in a beige-carpeted second-story bedroom along Florida Avenue in Washington, DC. Its first live show was on November 25, 2006 at the Montgomery College Planetarium, and featured a star show orchestrated by Dr. Harold Alden Williams as well as music from Chicago?s doom-folk troupe Unlucky Atlas. Following an ill-received impromptu performance in Dayton, Ohio, shows took place in such venues as Artomatic; WMUC?s Third Rail Radio; Radio CPR; and 611 Florida, at the storied house?s final show before its denizens quit the premises and the landlady installed new floors. Teething Veils continues to make songs, a stone?s throw away from where it was born.

Domesticated Wild Drones

Domesticated Wild Drones will bring their moody Persian string figures and drones to the CD Cellar. Moog synth and percussionist Davis White will be joined by Paolo Valladolid on strings and Chris Videll on drones. Additionally, they will be opening with their arrangement of "Imaginary Landscape" by John Cage.

azaghal1981

« Reply #27910 on: November 08, 2012, 08:03:54 am »
Where is Andrew going?
احمد

hutch

« Reply #27911 on: November 08, 2012, 09:00:32 am »
KMFDM
State Theatre
3-18

atomicfront

« Reply #27912 on: November 08, 2012, 11:04:33 am »
I tried to purchase tickets at exactly at 10AM this morning for Mumford and Sons and entered the security code and it was maybe 20 seconds after 10 and I got no tickets are left message.   

Yada

« Reply #27913 on: November 08, 2012, 11:25:17 am »
I tried to purchase tickets at exactly at 10AM this morning for Mumford and Sons and entered the security code and it was maybe 20 seconds after 10 and I got no tickets are left message.   

^^rips on Neil Young, purchases Mumford and Sons tickets, lolz^^

atomicfront

« Reply #27914 on: November 08, 2012, 11:35:10 am »

^^rips on Neil Young, purchases Mumford and Sons tickets, lolz^^

I didn't purchase Mumford and Sons tickets as none were available.  And yeah Mumford and Sons are a lot better than Neil Young.  How hard is that to understand.   And they are more popular as well.   So it isn't just my opinion.  Neil was good in like 1971.  That was over 40 years ago.  Stop living in the past.