Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 9986509 times)

atomicfront

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #28110 on: December 03, 2012, 04:11:53 pm »
talk about advance notice

The Mission
9/3/13
9:30

This is the Wayne Hussey Mission?  I am suprised they have enough fans to play the club.  Last time I saw them at 930 they were playing with Gene Loves Jezebel and Mike Peters and the place was pretty much empty.  I believe that was in 1999 or 2000. I find it hard to believe they have found more fans since then.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #28111 on: December 03, 2012, 04:13:19 pm »
They don't let you stand at Strathmore?

I would think the money you'd save on a cheaper ticket would sort of be cancelled out by the gas money involved for an EIGHT FUCKING HOUR DRIVE, but what do i know?  ;)

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Wed 3/20/13
Strathmore

I think I'll skip strathmore and go to ashville to see him.  Standing show, cheaper, plus I got people down there.
I'd much rather see the show at a venue without assigned seats.  Yes savings will be eaten up by gas etc.  Drive is not 8 hours but even if it was I don't care, road trips are awesome.  And I've got friends that live off the grid (literally) in the mountains near there, so that will be a hoot too.

atomicfront

« Reply #28112 on: December 03, 2012, 04:16:47 pm »

I would think the money you'd save on a cheaper ticket would sort of be cancelled out by the gas money involved for an EIGHT FUCKING HOUR DRIVE, but what do i know?  ;)

Wed 3/20/13
Strathmore

I think I'll skip strathmore and go to ashville to see him.  Standing show, cheaper, plus I got people down there.
I'd much rather see the show at a venue without assigned seats.  Yes savings will be eaten up by gas etc.  Drive is not 8 hours but even if it was I don't care, road trips are awesome.  And I've got friends that live off the grid (literally) in the mountains near there, so that will be a hoot too.

I don't understand the desire to see shows at venues without assigned seats.  I am 6'2" and can see ok most of the time but even once in a while i have my view blocked. I am sure the average person has their view blocked most of the time.

K8teebug

« Reply #28113 on: December 03, 2012, 04:22:19 pm »
I love assigned seats.

Yada

« Reply #28114 on: December 03, 2012, 04:27:10 pm »
I love assigned seats.

There's a time and place for seats... Nothing worse than a rock show with seats when you have old bitters like atomicfront/james ford/etc bitching at people for standing up.

chaz

« Reply #28115 on: December 03, 2012, 04:27:16 pm »

Wed 3/20/13
Strathmore

I don't understand the desire to see shows at venues without assigned seats.  I am 6'2" and can see ok most of the time but even once in a while i have my view blocked. I am sure the average person has their view blocked most of the time.
Personal preference I suppose.

chaz

« Reply #28116 on: December 03, 2012, 04:28:28 pm »
I love assigned seats.

There's a time and place for seats... Nothing worse than a rock show with seats when you have old bitters like atomicfront/james ford/etc bitching at people for standing up.
and this too.  I find when there are seats people tend to....sit in them. 

atomicfront

« Reply #28117 on: December 03, 2012, 04:41:10 pm »
I love assigned seats.

the only time that would even be appropiate if the seats were all at one level.  If they were stadium seating there would be no reason for me to complain.  I do remember back in the 80's I saw Billy Bragg somewhere. Perhaps Lisner.  And the first song came on and I jumped up and everyone was screaming "sit down'.  ever since then I hated billy bragg.

K8teebug

« Reply #28118 on: December 03, 2012, 04:44:48 pm »
I've been to plenty "seated" shows at DAR and Warner where everyone stands the entire time.  Why wouldn't that be the case for this show?  I can't imagine people sitting for Nick Cave.

atomicfront

« Reply #28119 on: December 03, 2012, 04:49:02 pm »
I've been to plenty "seated" shows at DAR and Warner where everyone stands the entire time.  Why wouldn't that be the case for this show?  I can't imagine people sitting for Nick Cave.

yeah most of the time people do not sit.  it is nice to have seats as you don't have to stand between acts and don't lose your spot when you go to the bathroom or beer.  And most importantly you don't have people trying to push by you after the main act goes on.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #28120 on: December 03, 2012, 05:59:00 pm »
Testament: Dark Roots of Thrash
with  Overkill, Flotsam & Jetsam, 4arm
The Fillmore Silver Spring
Tuesday Feb 12, 2013
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #28121 on: December 03, 2012, 07:21:34 pm »
Thao & the Get Down Stay Down
3/20
Black Cat
(_|_)

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #28122 on: December 03, 2012, 07:33:46 pm »

yeah most of the time people do not sit.  it is nice to have seats as you don't have to stand between acts and don't lose your spot when you go to the bathroom or beer.  And most importantly you don't have people trying to push by you after the main act goes on.

its also nice when you are spaced out of your melon and you have to sit down for awhile, because this new dimension you found yourself in does not require standing.

wml7

« Reply #28123 on: December 03, 2012, 10:17:51 pm »
Macwood Fleet
4/9/13 Verizon
 ;D

slappy

« Reply #28124 on: December 04, 2012, 11:26:46 am »

^ +1 this. The Bryan Ferry show at the Strathmore the audience stood for 3/4 of the show and it definitely skewed towards an older crowd that wouldn't surprise you if they sat the whole time.