Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10648104 times)

Relaxer

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #28680 on: February 07, 2013, 07:42:23 pm »
Speaking of Lexie Mountain, This will be the most awesome thing you read all week.

I don't know, maybe I read this too quickly but it seems like she is equating Skyscraper and Eat'em & Smile, which is very wrong. DLR's debut, I've argued often, is better than anything VH putout apartfrom their debut. Skyscraper has one great song and a lot of crap.

That said, it was a fun read. A good book on Van Halen is "Everybody Wants Some" which covers all of this and the terrible Hagar and Cherone years. You really get the sense that Eddie VH is a miserable prick.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #28681 on: February 07, 2013, 07:43:00 pm »
Shit, sorry, thought this was the Commentary thread.
oword

James Ford

« Reply #28682 on: February 07, 2013, 08:50:25 pm »
surprised this has gone unmentioned...flew under my radar until today...
2/14 Cody ChesnuTT
 The Hamilton

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #28683 on: February 08, 2013, 01:14:52 pm »
Added to Sweetlife Festival second stage

Foxygen / Shark Week / Nicky Blitz / Knocked Up Kids.
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #28684 on: February 08, 2013, 01:26:25 pm »
Speaking of Lexie Mountain, This will be the most awesome thing you read all week.

I don't know, maybe I read this too quickly but it seems like she is equating Skyscraper and Eat'em & Smile, which is very wrong. DLR's debut, I've argued often, is better than anything VH putout apartfrom their debut. Skyscraper has one great song and a lot of crap.

That said, it was a fun read. A good book on Van Halen is "Everybody Wants Some" which covers all of this and the terrible Hagar and Cherone years. You really get the sense that Eddie VH is a miserable prick.

I saw David Lee Roth at MPP back in the 80's and he put on an amazing show.  Never had a desire to see Van Halen.  Dave is what made that band.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #28685 on: February 08, 2013, 02:34:01 pm »

I saw David Lee Roth at MPP back in the 80's and he put on an amazing show.  Never had a desire to see Van Halen.  Dave is what made that band.
Yeah, Eddie had nothing to do with it.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #28686 on: February 08, 2013, 02:46:47 pm »

Exactly.

This thread needs to be retitled Atomicfront's idiotic comment of the second. I've never seen so much manure come out of one person as this guy. Problem is he does it on purpose- I don't think he believes half the crap he spews- to get a reaction and we fall for it every time. He's sitting in his mancave laughing his ass off right now.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 02:48:33 pm by hutch »

atomicfront

« Reply #28687 on: February 08, 2013, 03:26:25 pm »

Exactly.

This thread needs to be retitled Atomicfront's idiotic comment of the second. I've never seen so much manure come out of one person as this guy. Problem is he does it on purpose- I don't think he believes half the crap he spews- to get a reaction and we fall for it every time. He's sitting in his mancave laughing his ass off right now.

You guys are the ones ruining the thread.  I wa saying something positive and you guys come back with BS.  I post Best Coast announcement you shit on band.  I post something about Lumineers you shit on band. I  post something postive about David Lee Roth and somehow that is wrong?   I meantion beach house you people say they suck.  How long to realize you are the ones trolling?  And hutch I would think you would like David Lee Roth as he makes the not relevant in the last 20 years that seems to be your barometer for liking bands/acts.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #28688 on: February 08, 2013, 03:44:44 pm »

Eddie is WAAAAAY over hyped.  Basically a poser.
FUKIT

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #28689 on: February 08, 2013, 04:23:33 pm »

Eddie is WAAAAAY over hyped.  Basically a poser.
Lol
‼‼?‼‼

Relaxer

« Reply #28690 on: February 08, 2013, 05:00:59 pm »
Apart from Chuck Berry, Eddie Van Halen influenced more guitar players than any other guitarist including Hendrix, Clapton, Iommi, Allman, etc.

** mic drop **
oword

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #28691 on: February 08, 2013, 05:26:17 pm »
any future van halen discussion will be deleted in this thread.  Feel to carry on in another thread.

** hammer drop **
T.Rex

nkotb

« Reply #28692 on: February 08, 2013, 05:34:40 pm »
** pants drop **

azaghal1981

« Reply #28693 on: February 08, 2013, 05:40:16 pm »
Savages
right here, right now

Blistering set so far.
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #28694 on: February 08, 2013, 09:33:26 pm »
i've read all of these comments . . . and now you all know why i love to fuck guys.