Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 9926029 times)

atomicfront

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #29100 on: March 16, 2013, 10:44:37 pm »
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 10:55:06 pm by atomicfront »

atomicfront

« Reply #29101 on: March 16, 2013, 10:51:35 pm »
you know I sit and watch people here predict outcomes of shows and, just for everyone's information...and keep in mind I do this for a living...the price of the show seldom determines how it does

so, people that wish a show doesn't do well because they don't like the ticket price...I'm sorry, it just doesn't happen

personally, I wish all of the tickets were cheap so people could go to more shows, but that's just not what it takes sometimes to get these shows booked

people go to expensive shows, they just go to ls of them

I am not complaining about what imp is charging for the show. I am sure what morrisey was asking for the show was what made it cost what it did.  And if the prices weren't so high they would all be scalped anyway. I do find it funny that 90 percent of the acts demanding ridiculous prices for their shows are has-beens who haven't put anything worth listening to in the last 15 years.  sure you have your occasional Lady Gaga but it is shows mostly by people who no longer put on decent shows. I guess older people have the money and they want to relive their youth. 

Relaxer

« Reply #29102 on: March 16, 2013, 10:58:40 pm »
Ehh, personally I'm always surprised to see Seth Hurwitz come on here and frequently express such sneering contempt for a group of people that are among his best customers. So when he makes a statement like that, which always seems to have a strain of "oh you idiots don't know shit" I just shrug it off as, oh here's the owner being all Mr. Tough Guy again.
oword

azaghal1981

« Reply #29103 on: March 17, 2013, 01:14:35 am »
Warm Soda/Big Hush/Teen Liver
3/26
The Pinch

The Warm Soda record is some of the best power pop I have heard in a while.
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #29104 on: March 17, 2013, 08:10:50 am »
Ehh, personally I'm always surprised to see Seth Hurwitz come on here and frequently express such sneering contempt for a group of people that are among his best customers. So when he makes a statement like that, which always seems to have a strain of "oh you idiots don't know shit" I just shrug it off as, oh here's the owner being all Mr. Tough Guy again.

what . . . you think people in charge, are your friends?

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #29105 on: March 17, 2013, 09:19:13 am »

you don't seem surprised at all

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #29106 on: March 17, 2013, 09:37:20 am »
see vansmack . . . seth does not capitalize either.   :)

hutch

« Reply #29107 on: March 17, 2013, 09:43:45 am »
Sneering contempt? I don't see it.

Atomicfront, as usual, was talking out of his ass and got called out on it. It just happened to be Seth doing it....

that is all.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #29108 on: March 17, 2013, 01:04:33 pm »
you know I sit and watch people here predict outcomes of shows and, just for everyone's information...and keep in mind I do this for a living...the price of the show seldom determines how it does

so, people that wish a show doesn't do well because they don't like the ticket price...I'm sorry, it just doesn't happen

personally, I wish all of the tickets were cheap so people could go to more shows, but that's just not what it takes sometimes to get these shows booked

people go to expensive shows, they just go to ls of them

I am not complaining about what imp is charging for the show. I am sure what morrisey was asking for the show was what made it cost what it did.  And if the prices weren't so high they would all be scalped anyway. I do find it funny that 90 percent of the acts demanding ridiculous prices for their shows are has-beens who haven't put anything worth listening to in the last 15 years.  sure you have your occasional Lady Gaga but it is shows mostly by people who no longer put on decent shows. I guess older people have the money and they want to relive their youth. 

LOL Lady Gaga, as if he had talent!
FUKIT

reggie

« Reply #29109 on: March 17, 2013, 02:18:59 pm »

Atomicfront, as usual, was talking out of his ass and got called out on it. It just happened to be Seth doing it....

that is all.

+1

betao

« Reply #29110 on: March 17, 2013, 03:08:50 pm »
just for conversations sake, Moz's show in Richmond was sold out too, and well in advance.

he just needs to take a longer vacation to get his health straight.

atomicfront

« Reply #29111 on: March 17, 2013, 07:05:31 pm »

that is all.

141 is ridiculous to see a has-been like Morrissey.  I am sure you bought tickets.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #29112 on: March 17, 2013, 07:44:53 pm »
http://pitchfork.com/news/49988-amimal-collective-postpone-tour/

must be something in the famous singer peoples water.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #29113 on: March 17, 2013, 08:48:06 pm »
ok enough off topic chatter again...
T.Rex

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #29114 on: March 18, 2013, 12:52:49 am »

people go to expensive shows, they just go to less of them

Seth defending capitalism? What a radical notion...