Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10027868 times)

hutch

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #29490 on: April 30, 2013, 12:29:04 am »

(I'm really thankful for U Hall bookings...for upcoming bands but also for artists/bands that are popular - nice environment and cozier and less crazy than 930. It's like being back in college and seeing someone before they're really famous)

overall I'm thankful for it because anything that gives IMP more flexibility in booking different kinds of acts is a good thing..

but lets face it: the sight lines at U Hall are pretty crummy...

lily1

« Reply #29491 on: April 30, 2013, 12:34:53 am »
sightlines worse or better than dc9?

i'd venture to say dc9 but perhaps i'm just biased because i'm always convinced the floor is going to cave in when i'm at a show there and that low ceiling is borderline claustrophobic.

azaghal1981

« Reply #29492 on: April 30, 2013, 02:02:06 am »
Bunch of Black Whiskey shows in Sasha's newsletter.

Oh and Paint Branch are also listed there for the 4th.
And this!
Friday, July 5th - The Mantles, Juan Wauters (of The Beets), and Foul Swoops
Black Whiskey
احمد

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #29493 on: April 30, 2013, 03:01:07 am »
a true hero, to me . . . finally!!!!!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/magazine/news/20130429/jason-collins-gay-nba-player/

well that was quick

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/29/jason-collins-mike-wallace-twitter-tweet-homophobic/

As much as I hate the Steelers (and I love football enough to understand he is no longer in PIT), Wallace is right. First off, a phobia is defined as someone whom has UNREALISTIC fear(s) about a particular thing. Wallace, showing no unrealistic fear in his tweet should never be labeled as a homophobe. Second, it is completely understandable that Wallace does not understand Collins' position. He is not a homosexual and most likely will never be. I am of the same mindset and can safely say that I will never understand the idea of being sexually attracted to another man. That does not mean that we have some fundamental disagreement with such an idea.

Third, even the disagreement of such a mindset does not make one a hater of homosexuals. One can question the lifestyle from a standpoint of right or wrong without deliberately questioning the reality of such. There are many whom are born with tendencies that have been deemed undesirable by the public. For example, there may be a man/woman whom is attracted to people of far too young of an age or someone whom is attracted to animals. Would that sit in accordance with the general public? The answer is no. They would most likely be incarcerated for sexual actions on either party.

This is not saying that we should do the same with homosexuals. I honestly believe in the true attraction between two of the same sex. But to say that Mike Wallace is a hater of homosexuals is yet another example of an unfair categorization of an individual for what may be his own personal beliefs.

Just as we should stop persecuting those whom believe in the attraction between those of the same sex, we must also be fair to those whom have have the slightest disagreement of the notion.

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #29494 on: April 30, 2013, 03:02:17 am »
Beach House
6/6

Tricky
6/9

Saw the page on the concert listing. Thanks for the heads up!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 03:10:47 am by IMAmoose24 »

eltee

« Reply #29495 on: April 30, 2013, 04:37:12 am »

(I'm really thankful for U Hall bookings...for upcoming bands but also for artists/bands that are popular - nice environment and cozier and less crazy than 930. It's like being back in college and seeing someone before they're really famous)

overall I'm thankful for it because anything that gives IMP more flexibility in booking different kinds of acts is a good thing..

but lets face it: the sight lines at U Hall are pretty crummy...

I agree with both statements...
Yeah I guess DC9 has better but a much smaller space with about 100 strangers pressed against you. (another just like I'm college type venue with the floor about to cave in)
U Hall you can see if up front or center middle (unless short) but on that concrete gets hard to stand esp. with nothing to lean on. We even ran into other fans - old like ourselves who just had to lean. (I found it was an elbow / purse fight with others who had already claimed spots on the counter / wall) Agree tho, even up front to the side is kinda awkward b/c of that wall and you are half in / half out of venue. Okay now I'm rambling in the thread which is why I miss so many announcements - sorry!

AM at U Hall the following week is good...haven't seen him with his music partner though.

travelinbeat

« Reply #29496 on: April 30, 2013, 09:51:28 am »
Bob Dylan, Wilco, and MMJ
July 23
Merriweather

Pres-sale in 9min, PW= "TENACIOUS"

azaghal1981

« Reply #29497 on: April 30, 2013, 10:32:01 am »
Black Pus 5/31 Metro Gallery
احمد

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #29498 on: April 30, 2013, 10:40:47 am »
July 23
Merriweather

Presale for exhorbitantly overpriced tix only, not reg priced tix.   Sucks.

hutch

« Reply #29499 on: April 30, 2013, 10:50:50 am »
July 23
Merriweather

You have to scroll to the bottom past all the packages...

$101 all in for GA pit in front of the stage for Dylan, Wilco, MMJ...

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #29500 on: April 30, 2013, 10:50:57 am »
July 23
Merriweather

You had to put in the presale password and then "regular" tix were available....only $90!

Vas Deferens

« Reply #29501 on: April 30, 2013, 11:06:32 am »
$101 for center pavilion within the first 5 rows is not bad
(_|_)

James Ford

« Reply #29502 on: April 30, 2013, 11:39:53 am »
$101 per ticket too much for my bank account! Y'all have fun.

hutch

« Reply #29503 on: April 30, 2013, 11:51:06 am »

that silence you hear is the deafening of sound of nobody caring..

atomicfront

« Reply #29504 on: April 30, 2013, 11:57:04 am »

I thought Wilco and MMJ were your favorite bands in the world?