Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10027368 times)

Stillwater

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #29685 on: May 15, 2013, 07:23:52 pm »
Local Natives w/ Wild Nothing
09/23 ? Annapolis, MD @ Rams Head On Stage *

That's a big show for RH On Stage isn't it?

It's at Rams Head Live in Beemore.

That makes more sense.  The dates I saw had it wrong I guess.

Local Natives just posted a tour poster on Facebook that says Annapolis. Weird
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 08:12:52 am by Stillwater »

Vas Deferens

(_|_)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #29687 on: May 16, 2013, 07:30:45 am »
Is the QOTSA bassist still bound for prison?

betao

« Reply #29688 on: May 16, 2013, 09:03:15 am »
was this on their initial summer season schedule?

The Psychedelic Furs
The Go-Go's
Wolf Trap
June 13

James Ford

« Reply #29689 on: May 16, 2013, 09:15:14 am »
How do the Psychedelic Furs go from being a no-show at the 9:30 Anniversary Part to being headliners at Wolftrap?

hutch

« Reply #29690 on: May 16, 2013, 09:16:03 am »
How do the Psychedelic Furs go from being a no-show at the 9:30 Anniversary Part to being headliners at Wolftrap?

I didn't realize IMP books Wolftrap... learn something new every day...

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #29691 on: May 16, 2013, 09:34:25 am »
For people interested in this sort of thing, the new QOTSA album has leaked.

Hopefully they decide to release it earlier as a result.

James Ford

« Reply #29692 on: May 16, 2013, 09:45:59 am »
Point being why would Wolftrap book such a seemingly small draw band as a headliner? Unless they think that the two bands together is a big draw.

hutch

« Reply #29693 on: May 16, 2013, 10:09:55 am »
Point being why would Wolftrap book such a seemingly small draw band as a headliner? Unless they think that the two bands together is a big draw.

I think you need a cup of coffee or something because the old noggin'' ain't working

I mean what makes them a "small draw"?.. maybe 18 months ago or so they played the State Theatre and it was close to a sellout... that place is bigger than the 930.. then I think they played the Fillmore in Silver Spring and that place is double the 930 in capacity...

There is no connection between them being a noshow at the 930 fest and them being a small draw!!!!!!! ... couple them with the GoGos - who I personally think are a bigger draw- combine them with the Wolftrap crowd which can consist of people interested a bit in the music but more in going to the national park and doing the picnic on a beautiful night and the show may draw very well...

James Ford

« Reply #29694 on: May 16, 2013, 10:26:03 am »
Check out Hutch's ass. It's talking again. Ok, they almost (but didn't) sold out the State Theater (smaller capacity than 9:30 btw).  Then they played the Fillmore (attendance figure?). Now they are playing Wolftrap. Good thing they got a hot top 40 hit out to buoy them from NOT selling out a 800-900 person venue to playing a 7,0000 person venue.

Wolftrap: Seating capacity: 7,000 total (in-house: 3,800; lawn: 3,200)

WELCOME TO THE STATE THEATRE
Your best independent choice in the Washington DC market

CAPACITY
400 all seated, cabaret style
500 all seated, theatre style
800 half seated / half standing (standard)
900++ all standing

The 9:30 Club is served by the U Street station of the Washington Metro. The club has a capacity of 1200 people and is a standing-only venue.

hutch

« Reply #29695 on: May 16, 2013, 10:35:09 am »
Check out Hutch's ass. It's talking again. Ok, they almost (but didn't) sold out the State Theater (smaller capacity than 9:30 btw).  Then they played the Fillmore (attendance figure?). Now they are playing Wolftrap. Good thing they got a hot top 40 hit out to buoy them from NOT selling out a 800-900 person venue to playing a 7,0000 person venue.

Wolftrap: Seating capacity: 7,000 total (in-house: 3,800; lawn: 3,200)

WELCOME TO THE STATE THEATRE
Your best independent choice in the Washington DC market

CAPACITY
400 all seated, cabaret style
500 all seated, theatre style
800 half seated / half standing (standard)
900++ all standing

The 9:30 Club is served by the U Street station of the Washington Metro. The club has a capacity of 1200 people and is a standing-only venue.

bottom line even if all you say is true what is the connection between them being a no show at the 930 Fest and being a small draw?

but you're wrong.. the State, no matter what they say on their website is bigger than the 930.... certainly after the remodeling (which admittedly happened AFTER the Furs show)...

the Fillmore is about 2000 from what I recall but - again- its irrelevant..

the key is that shows don't sell just depending on the artist..the venue and whether people want to go there has an impact and Wolftrap draws from a completely different market than the 930 or State or Fillmore..it tends to be older..tends to be more families.. tends to be peopel who enjoy the park etc etc... a Furs/Go Gos show could do reasonably well... and they don't have to sell out a show to do well... they are not like the other venues..remember they also have subscribers and they want to offer a cross section of types of acts..checking off the "early 80s" box is something they want to do for patrons in that age group... then they'll have acts to appeal to the older crowd (say a Tony Bennett) etc etc.

you simply - as usual- don't have a clue what you're talking about and arent' worth the time... its not about whether the venue is way bigger than what they usually play or not because venues aren't all the same... anybody who avoids Jiffy Lube like the plague will know what I'm talking about...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 10:36:58 am by hutch »

atomicfront

« Reply #29696 on: May 16, 2013, 10:40:35 am »
The Go Go's are the headliner.   The Go's Go's packed them into MPP a few years back.  They played with B-52's and Psychedelic Furs and hardly was even watching the Furs as most people hadn't arrived yet.  The Go's Go's the place was packed and people were going crazy.

hutch

« Reply #29697 on: May 16, 2013, 10:41:40 am »
The Go Go's are the headliner.   The Go's Go's packed them into MPP a few years back.  They played with B-52's and Psychedelic Furs and hardly was even watching the Furs as most people hadn't arrived yet.  The Go's Go's the place was packed and people were going crazy.

ok well there you you.... James Ford fucked up the premise that the Furs were the headliner..

YOU GOT THAT JAMES FORD: YOU FUCKED IT UP!

hutch

« Reply #29698 on: May 16, 2013, 10:45:51 am »
and the Go Gos played Wolftrap last year or year before last (their most recent area appearance).. if anybody knows how a Go Gos/Furs show will do its the people at Wolftrap..

Of course James Ford, amateur booker aka guy who talks out of his ass, thinks he knows better...

hutch

« Reply #29699 on: May 16, 2013, 10:49:20 am »
I dedicate this post to Killsally (sic)

JC Brooks
RNR Hotel
June 23