Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10027381 times)

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #30015 on: June 19, 2013, 08:57:19 pm »
for some reason, why did i think they closed the lincoln theatre.  is that a question, or a statement?

There's been all sorts of drama with the Lincoln of late.  WashCP has been following it pretty closely; I think this is the most recent article, and there are links to the archives throughout:
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/artsdesk/music/2013/04/22/lincoln-theatre-selects-new-operator/

this was from February:
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/artsdesk/general/2013/02/27/lincoln-theatre-community-meeting-way-to-blow-it-dccah/

and here's everything tagged "Lincoln Theatre" on the CP ArtsDesk's archive:
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/artsdesk/tag/lincoln-theatre/

hutch

« Reply #30016 on: June 20, 2013, 01:28:26 pm »
doubt anybody gives a shit but there are $15 (all in/no charges) tickets for HEART at Jiffy Lube on a Living Social deal currently going on ...in the 100s so decent seats..

killsaly

« Reply #30017 on: June 20, 2013, 01:35:55 pm »
the Ottobar 8/13
CEREMONY, ED SCHRADER'S MUSIC BEAT
and guests TBA

Not the shoegaze band Ceremony, but the other one.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #30018 on: June 20, 2013, 02:21:07 pm »
doubt anybody gives a shit but there are $15 (all in/no charges) tickets for HEART at Jiffy Lube on a Living Social deal currently going on ...in the 100s so decent seats..

wow . . . thanks.  im all over heart for 15 bucks.  and no pinball for the win.

atomicfront

« Reply #30019 on: June 20, 2013, 03:09:25 pm »

wow . . . thanks.  im all over heart for 15 bucks.  and no pinball for the win.

You know you aren't required to play pinball at MPP?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #30020 on: June 20, 2013, 03:43:04 pm »
just knowing it is there . . . annoys me.

azaghal1981

« Reply #30021 on: June 20, 2013, 03:49:05 pm »
Do the machines at the Black Cat and Comet also annoy you?
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #30022 on: June 20, 2013, 04:11:55 pm »
i didnt know they had them.  i shall go to those places and be annoyed at them.

killsaly

« Reply #30023 on: June 20, 2013, 04:32:00 pm »
Black cat June 27
GROSS GHOST
WHITE LACES

bekessler

« Reply #30024 on: June 20, 2013, 04:45:33 pm »
Daughter
10/1

azaghal1981

« Reply #30025 on: June 20, 2013, 04:46:20 pm »
I think I saw White Laces once. They were pretty good if they are the band I am thinking of.
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #30026 on: June 21, 2013, 11:12:51 am »
July 22 - Black Cat Backstage
Gems/Indians

hutch

« Reply #30027 on: June 21, 2013, 12:11:51 pm »
two interesting shows at the kennedy center- free- millenium stage

6-23 arrested development
6-24 diego garcia

killsaly

« Reply #30028 on: June 24, 2013, 10:21:45 am »
Oct 4 - The Ottobar
GOBLIN
with special guest
SECRET CHIEFS 3!
Almost 40 years removed from their debut, cult legends Goblin will launch their first ever North American tour this October. The tour will start October 1st in Atlanta and will culminate with a two night run of performances in Austin, TX at the Housecore Horror Film Festival on Oct 25 and 27.

The Italian Soundtrack Kings will perform all of their classic cuts, including scores from Deep Red, Suspiria, Tenebrae, Dawn of the Dead, Phenomena, Sleepless and other songs that are milestones among prog rock followers, including songs from Roller, Il fantastico Viaggio del Bagarozzo Mark, and most recently Back to the Goblin. Other famous scores never performed live anywhere will be included on this tour.

The tour will include a small amount of VIP ticketing, allowing fans to meet the band, get up close, see part of the soundcheck, and walk away with commemorative poster. Also, during the tour the band will be selling an exclusive tour EP put out by Death Waltz Records. The EP features brand new versions of Classic Goblin tracks re-recorded by the recently reunited band. The EP will be pressed on blood red 180g vinyl and feature an exclusive cover design by poster artist Graham Humphrey's (Evil Dead, A Nightmare On Elm Street).

Support on the tour (up to October 20) will come from the Northern California based Secret Chiefs 3, formed by Mr. Bungle founding member Trey Spruance. Secret Chiefs 3 have developed quite a cult following of their own over the last 15 years with their blend of other worldly psychedelic rhythms and melodies.

hutch

« Reply #30029 on: June 24, 2013, 10:55:18 am »
Oct 4 - The Ottobar
GOBLIN
with special guest
SECRET CHIEFS 3!
Almost 40 years removed from their debut, cult legends Goblin will launch their first ever North American tour this October. The tour will start October 1st in Atlanta and will culminate with a two night run of performances in Austin, TX at the Housecore Horror Film Festival on Oct 25 and 27.

The Italian Soundtrack Kings will perform all of their classic cuts, including scores from Deep Red, Suspiria, Tenebrae, Dawn of the Dead, Phenomena, Sleepless and other songs that are milestones among prog rock followers, including songs from Roller, Il fantastico Viaggio del Bagarozzo Mark, and most recently Back to the Goblin. Other famous scores never performed live anywhere will be included on this tour.

The tour will include a small amount of VIP ticketing, allowing fans to meet the band, get up close, see part of the soundcheck, and walk away with commemorative poster. Also, during the tour the band will be selling an exclusive tour EP put out by Death Waltz Records. The EP features brand new versions of Classic Goblin tracks re-recorded by the recently reunited band. The EP will be pressed on blood red 180g vinyl and feature an exclusive cover design by poster artist Graham Humphrey's (Evil Dead, A Nightmare On Elm Street).

Support on the tour (up to October 20) will come from the Northern California based Secret Chiefs 3, formed by Mr. Bungle founding member Trey Spruance. Secret Chiefs 3 have developed quite a cult following of their own over the last 15 years with their blend of other worldly psychedelic rhythms and melodies.

interesting..anyone know what exactly is left of them?