Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10651165 times)

shemptiness

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #31185 on: November 12, 2013, 01:40:21 pm »
Timberlake
B-more Arena
7/14

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #31186 on: November 12, 2013, 02:28:52 pm »
Anyone know the Neil Finn presale code?  Was able to get Sharon Jones tics already
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #31187 on: November 12, 2013, 02:34:12 pm »
Nevermind Finn's is available if you preorder the album.
T.Rex

Vas Deferens

« Reply #31188 on: November 12, 2013, 02:34:59 pm »
I can't find the link to buy Sharon Jones on their website......where is it kosmo?
(_|_)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #31189 on: November 12, 2013, 02:41:47 pm »
Looks like the website has been taken offline again.  The links were right on the front page.
T.Rex

DotTheEyes

« Reply #31190 on: November 12, 2013, 05:28:03 pm »
Sky Ferreira and Icona Pop will open for Miley Cyrus at the Verizon Center on 4/10.

atomic

« Reply #31191 on: November 12, 2013, 06:24:52 pm »

Now I see why you are thinking about pre-ordering the album.  Let me give you a little clue this show ain't selling out.

hutch

« Reply #31192 on: November 12, 2013, 06:49:23 pm »

Now I see why you are thinking about pre-ordering the album.  Let me give you a little clue this show ain't selling out.

I doubt its general admission...

atomic

« Reply #31193 on: November 12, 2013, 06:55:50 pm »

Artist Pre-sale doesn't mean you are getting better tickets.  I don't know how many times I have gone a couple of hours before a show and gotten front row center tickets. Seems they always hold those out until the end for some reason. 

hutch

« Reply #31194 on: November 12, 2013, 07:06:31 pm »

Artist Pre-sale doesn't mean you are getting better tickets.  I don't know how many times I have gone a couple of hours before a show and gotten front row center tickets. Seems they always hold those out until the end for some reason. 

I'm sure a guy like Finn will distribute, generally, good seats for a presale..

I mean I hear what you're saying but many artists do actually, you know, try to get the better seats to their true blood fans... Mark Knopfler comes to mind, Nick Cave, etc etc...

Waiting until the last minute is a crapshoot... for every " i got front row seats to the rolling stones at the box office 20 minutes before they went on" (true story btw) there are 100 I got a crap seat or there was nothing left stories...

why you would want to tell people who want to see a musician you have no interest in that they shouldn't buy the record or participate in a presale is really beyond me.

killsaly

« Reply #31195 on: November 12, 2013, 07:14:38 pm »
I usually only preorder as part of a fund raising campaign. 

If anyone wanted to go to Future Islands on Saturday, I hope you got your ticket because it sold out. 

atomic

« Reply #31196 on: November 12, 2013, 07:26:02 pm »

If anyone wanted to go to Future Islands on Saturday, I hope you got your ticket because it sold out. 

You tell me after the show sells out?

atomic

« Reply #31197 on: November 12, 2013, 07:27:44 pm »

I'm sure a guy like Finn will distribute, generally, good seats for a presale..

I mean I hear what you're saying but many artists do actually, you know, try to get the better seats to their true blood fans... Mark Knopfler comes to mind, Nick Cave, etc etc...

Waiting until the last minute is a crapshoot... for every " i got front row seats to the rolling stones at the box office 20 minutes before they went on" (true story btw) there are 100 I got a crap seat or there was nothing left stories...

why you would want to tell people who want to see a musician you have no interest in that they shouldn't buy the record or participate in a presale is really beyond me.

Kosmo was complaining about the cost of pre-ordering the album. 

killsaly

« Reply #31198 on: November 12, 2013, 07:38:29 pm »

You tell me after the show sells out?
atomic, I mentioned it on the 4th and 6th of the month.

11/16 at Metropolitan Kitchen in Annapolis
Future Islands
with Oh Hang and softeyes (I am not sure who they are)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:53:16 pm by killsaly »

DotTheEyes

« Reply #31199 on: November 13, 2013, 05:35:47 pm »
Daley
11/29
U Street Music Hall