Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10644885 times)

Unsanity

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #31695 on: January 15, 2014, 06:42:12 am »
Friday, Feb. 21st @ RNR Hotel - The Sword

Saturday, May 10th @ Black Cat - Graveyard

Last few area Graveyard shows were a blast.

stevewizzle

« Reply #31696 on: January 15, 2014, 12:23:38 pm »
okay we can close this thread now
Pizza Underground is sold out. ... NOW it can be closed.

It sold out TWO shows in Philly (early and late show.)  I'm so disappointed.

So this a "band" that plays Velvet Underground songs but changes the lyrics to be about pizza fronted by that little shit from "Home Alone?"  And THIS sells out while interesting bands making fresh, challenging music have trouble surviving?   This generation.......kill yourselves....all of you....you have failed.

Brian

can you clarify? fresh and challenging? all i see these days are a bunch of pussies making crappy lo-fi and folksy shit. or even worse, some shitbag with a laptop and shitty software plugging his laptop in and pumping his fist while he presses play. or maybe you mean those fresh and challenging bands with the electronic drum kits instead of the real thing. yeah, so fresh and challenging. every fucking day of the week there's countless of those shitty shows you could attend.

i'll take pizza underground any day over that garbage.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #31697 on: January 15, 2014, 12:25:22 pm »
now, thats the triple truth, ruth

atomic

« Reply #31698 on: January 15, 2014, 12:29:07 pm »

So this a "band" that plays Velvet Underground songs but changes the lyrics to be about pizza fronted by that little shit from "Home Alone?"  And THIS sells out while interesting bands making fresh, challenging music have trouble surviving?   This generation.......kill yourselves....all of you....you have failed.

Brian

The guy from Home Alone is not the front-man.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #31699 on: January 15, 2014, 12:46:15 pm »
A Pizza Underground apologist.

We are officially over the rainbow.

hutch

« Reply #31700 on: January 15, 2014, 12:52:47 pm »
all i see these days are a bunch of pussies making crappy lo-fi and folksy shit. or even worse, some shitbag with a laptop and shitty software plugging his laptop in and pumping his fist while he presses play. or maybe you mean those fresh and challenging bands with the electronic drum kits instead of the real thing. yeah, so fresh and challenging.

so this..so nails it..

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #31701 on: January 15, 2014, 01:13:43 pm »

Brian

can you clarify? fresh and challenging? all i see these days are a bunch of pussies making crappy lo-fi and folksy shit. or even worse, some shitbag with a laptop and shitty software plugging his laptop in and pumping his fist while he presses play. or maybe you mean those fresh and challenging bands with the electronic drum kits instead of the real thing. yeah, so fresh and challenging. every fucking day of the week there's countless of those shitty shows you could attend.

I'd rather listen to The Lumineers and Skrillex (or even The Lumineers WITH Skrillex) than (and I'm guessing here): "Pale Grey Anchovies."

Led Zeppelin isn't walking through that door.  We have to look to the future.

Brian

James Ford

« Reply #31702 on: January 15, 2014, 03:10:05 pm »
Hey guys, last year was a really good year for Americana music. You're all white (acting if not hued) males over 30 by now. You're the target audience.

Brian

Hexenjagd

« Reply #31703 on: January 15, 2014, 05:40:25 pm »
(updated info)
Feb 15
Ehse on Ice
Mt Pleasant Ice Rink
Dan Deacon will perform a site specific piece for audience, Wham City Lights + smart phones, and electronics.

Bobby Donnie will play many songs from their forthcoming Ehse Records album.

Cupcache performed by Dave Adams out on the ice.

DJs Mark Brown and Young Coconut (Jennifer Mizgata)

Hot food by Gerry Mak of Canteen

$5 admission, $2 skate rental
I still am pissed I skipped some of the old ones... Dog Leather played one of their only shows at an Ehse on Ice, same with Archer Twins...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #31704 on: January 15, 2014, 05:43:48 pm »
Paul Simon and Sting
Strathmore
3/12

US $250.00 Ticket + US $22.85 Fees = US $272.85
US $1,000.00 Ticket + US $42.55 Fees = US $1,042.55

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #31705 on: January 15, 2014, 06:01:25 pm »
This is just a rumor, but my sister's boss was talking about some festival coming to Baltimore with QOTSA possibly being the headliners or on the bill. She has told me that Gogol Bordello is already confirmed. She hasn't given me a date or anyone else who may possibly be on the line-up. Take this info with a grain of salt. Anyone hear any rumblings along these lines?
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #31706 on: January 15, 2014, 06:02:14 pm »
This is just a rumor, but my sister's boss was talking about some festival coming to Baltimore with QOTSA possibly being the headliners or on the bill. She has told me that Gogol Bordello is already confirmed. She hasn't given me a date or anyone else who may possibly be on the line-up. Take this info with a grain of salt. Anyone hear any rumblings along these lines?
Could be Sweetlife.
LVMH

shemptiness

« Reply #31707 on: January 15, 2014, 08:57:47 pm »
Firefly Lineup:

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:23:19 pm by Shemp »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #31708 on: January 15, 2014, 09:15:40 pm »
is outkast the new red hot chili peppers or flaming lips  . . .  meaning they will play every damn festival out there.  bunch of gucci pimps.

Stillwater

« Reply #31709 on: January 15, 2014, 11:41:59 pm »
Outkast said that they are playing 40 festival shows as part as their 20th anniversary tour.  So, yes, expect them to be at the top of every lineup all season.