Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10027303 times)

James Ford

hutch

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #31726 on: January 17, 2014, 08:53:28 am »
Is anybody else a bit put off by the Pizza Underground Verizon show pricing?

Pizza Underground
Verizon
10/21

US $99.00 Ticket + US $15.85 Fees = US $114.85
US $49.00 Ticket + US $12.55 Fees = US $61.55

I think the top tier are for the floors...

Thankfully some of us will always have the Black Cat before they went stratosphere...

James Ford

« Reply #31727 on: January 17, 2014, 09:09:39 am »
Man, if only the Velvet Underground had sung about pizza instead of drugs, look at the popularity they would have achieved. I guess Lou Reed wasn't a genius after all.

Pizza Underground
Verizon
10/21

Thankfully some of us will always have the Black Cat before they went stratosphere...

hutch

« Reply #31728 on: January 17, 2014, 09:15:21 am »
Man, if only the Velvet Underground had sung about pizza instead of drugs, look at the popularity they would have achieved. I guess Lou Reed wasn't a genius after all.

Pizza Underground
Verizon
10/21

I think of the Underground as more of a lark band... kind of like Spinal Tap or the Ruttles...think even Tenacious D... but I guess with social media and irony mania I guess they're jut the first to tap into that mass popularity level....

James Ford

« Reply #31729 on: January 17, 2014, 09:23:25 am »
I attribute it to the influx of white people into DC.

We all know that black people do drugs at eight times the rate of white people. That's simple logic. So what do white people do in excess? They eat pizza. And with so many white people moving into million dollar condos in semi-inhabitable neighborhoods, this pizza underground thing just couldn't stay underground for long. Now I see why Culken shed Mila Kunis. He didn't want to share the pie with her, he wanted this whole empire to himself.

Pizza Underground
Verizon
10/21

I think of the Underground as more of a lark band... kind of like Spinal Tap or the Ruttles...think even Tenacious D... but I guess with social media and irony mania I guess they're jut the first to tap into that mass popularity level....

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #31730 on: January 17, 2014, 09:28:34 am »
Is anyone else interested in starting a pizza related band called The Smashing Pizzas? It wouldn't be a copy of Pizza Underground; we'd be a Chicago Deep-Dish style pizza band as opposed to their NY/Sicilian style pizza band.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #31731 on: January 17, 2014, 09:30:59 am »

We all know that black people do drugs at eight times the rate of white people. That's simple logic. So what do white people do in excess? They eat pizza. And with so many white people moving into million dollar condos in semi-inhabitable neighborhoods, this pizza underground thing just couldn't stay underground for long. Now I see why Culken shed Mila Kunis. He didn't want to share the pie with her, he wanted this whole empire to himself.

Pizza Underground
Verizon
10/21

Well you may be on to something but I don't know if I'd go as far as all that....

As far as Kunis I still don't get that...I don't usually go for celebrity types but...

hutch

« Reply #31732 on: January 17, 2014, 09:31:29 am »
Is anyone else interested in starting a pizza related band called The Smashing Pizzas? It wouldn't be a copy of Pizza Underground; we'd be a Chicago Deep-Dish style pizza band as opposed to their NY/Sicilian style pizza band.

Stop trying to derail this thread!

ggw

« Reply #31733 on: January 17, 2014, 09:51:48 am »

The big difference being that the Smashing Pumpkins sucked.

« Reply #31734 on: January 17, 2014, 10:03:07 am »

I'm open to other Chicago based pizza concepts. Cheap Pizza? Liz Pizza? Pizza Overkill? REO Pizzawagon?
LVMH

« Reply #31735 on: January 17, 2014, 10:03:21 am »

Stop trying to derail this thread!
SORRY.
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #31736 on: January 17, 2014, 10:44:56 am »
I think you'd have to go with New Haven Style pizza for that one.

Phair was born in New Haven, Connecticut, but was raised in Winnetka, Illinois, by upper middle-class adoptive parents

I'm open to other Chicago based pizza concepts. Cheap Pizza? Liz Pizza? Pizza Overkill? REO Pizzawagon?

« Reply #31737 on: January 17, 2014, 10:53:04 am »
I think you'd have to go with New Haven Style pizza for that one.

Phair was born in New Haven, Connecticut, but was raised in Winnetka, Illinois, by upper middle-class adoptive parents
All of Liz Phair's musical success came when she was living in, and associated with the musical scene of, Chicago. I feel that's somewhat splitting hairs.

Fine, My Life With The Pizza Kill Cult, then.
LVMH

hemisphire

« Reply #31738 on: January 17, 2014, 10:59:23 am »
Paul Simon and Sting
Strathmore
3/12

US $250.00 Ticket + US $22.85 Fees = US $272.85
US $1,000.00 Ticket + US $42.55 Fees = US $1,042.55
Has this show been canceled? It was there when I looked yesterday, but I just checked, and Ticketmaster says, "Sorry, but this event no longer exists in our database."

Moved to Verizon 3/13 and in the process, has seen a huge change in price-point (now $60.00 / $281.60 after fees)

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/15004B138E5D2200

For what it's worth, neither Strathmore's site nor Paul Simon's site list the originally-announced event at Strathmore on 3/12 (though yesterday Strathmore's site had it listed).

Nope, the Verizon show's been announced for months.

The Strathmore show is still listed here, and they have their own ticket selling site here.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #31739 on: January 17, 2014, 12:05:16 pm »

Holy shit....I applaud you Rhett!