Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10656052 times)

atomic

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #32400 on: March 18, 2014, 08:15:50 pm »
Jifffy Lube has more shows I'd be into than MPP..

:o :o :o

I don't thinkk I'll go to any so hold the fire.

have fun

now now..we know MPP is going to blow us away with more announcements..

otherwise, yes, I'll have to have fun avoiding both venues.

Well tell us who you are into at Jiffy Lube?  I don't see anything there.  I doubt you are into the Journey and Lynyrd Skyndyrd tribute bands.

why so you can mock me? :)

i guess the shows i'd be into but won't go are: NIN/Soundgarden, Def Leppard/KISS,  MOtley Crue/Alice Cooper, and I have to say much as I'd like to see Steve Miller Band just once in my life I I probably couldln't sit through the entire bill (having seen Journey with Arnel Pineda a few years back that was probably enough)

I guess I been diggin the harder rock lately..and I don't care if they are 80 years old.. if the songs are there its fine for me...

but actually looking at MPP there are two shows I'd really like to see which are Willie Nelson (always wonderful) and Queen+Adam Lambert

so yeah..all old fogeys....what can you do...

Queen??? You do know Freddie Mercury is dead, don't you? I guess you are into classic rock.  Is Motley Crue all orginal members?  If so I guess that show would be bearable with Alice Cooper..  I don't think any of the bands you listed have done anything in 25 years.  I saw Nine Inch Nails at first Lolla but haven't done anything that I like since.  Got free tickets to Soundgarden in the early 90's but they haven't done anything since then either.

You should go to some of the newer bands once in a while. 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 08:18:24 pm by atomic »

wml7

« Reply #32401 on: March 18, 2014, 08:31:11 pm »
Soundgarden and NIN put out new albums recently
 :D

hutch

« Reply #32402 on: March 18, 2014, 09:46:09 pm »

Queen??? You do know Freddie Mercury is dead, don't you? I guess you are into classic rock.  Is Motley Crue all orginal members?  If so I guess that show would be bearable with Alice Cooper..  I don't think any of the bands you listed have done anything in 25 years.  I saw Nine Inch Nails at first Lolla but haven't done anything that I like since.  Got free tickets to Soundgarden in the early 90's but they haven't done anything since then either.

You should go to some of the newer bands once in a while. 

I just have a problem with the newer bands that I dont' much like their music...

I loved LCD Soundsystem at Virgin Freefest....I'd love to see anything Hellacopters/Imperial State Electric related.... I may go see Dean Wareham (hardly new) and will be at GBV..

to be fair my hideous car accident means I'm on the slow mend and any complicated shows are out.....

as far as why i won't go see most of these shows its various factors..ticket prices is one of them... in other cases having seen KISS and Motley Crue and Soundgarden and even NIN I just can't get too excited..none of them absolutely seal the deal with me...

people that think Queen without Freddie is nothing are missing the point...Brian May is a heck of a guitarist and I consider it more of a concert for people who like Queen.. if you like Queen you don't have to hate it just because Freddie is not there..we know he is irreplaceable..we know he was sui generis.. the greatest frontman ever... but we can't bring him back...but can't we listen to Queen's music at all? Not even once? I think one can....just don't think of it as Queen if that bothers you..I can tell you one thing ..Freddie wouldn't give a fuck...he'd be laughing and happy that people were enjoying his songs...

Willie Nelson is a national treasure . don't miss it.

shemptiness

« Reply #32403 on: March 18, 2014, 09:58:21 pm »
all that hutch stuff makes a lot of sense - exactly, what, are you taking, to have such clarity?   

atomic

« Reply #32404 on: March 18, 2014, 11:03:00 pm »

I just have a problem with the newer bands that I dont' much like their music...

Why don't you like newer bands?  I can tell you the professionalism of bands these days are a lot better than the ones from 30 to 40 years ago.  No stupid drum solos.  No stupid guitar solos.  The bands have good attitudes and actually practice a lot so they sound good when they play live. 

atomic

« Reply #32405 on: March 18, 2014, 11:03:26 pm »

I am sure they were awful.

DotTheEyes

« Reply #32406 on: March 18, 2014, 11:03:54 pm »
Procol Harum
7/15
Birchmere

Unsanity

« Reply #32407 on: March 19, 2014, 04:16:24 am »

I am sure they were awful.

Hmm I would say that both were "Not bad".

Their live shows are both great. Saw NIN a few times. It was high energy, great sound and great light show. Saw Soundgarden for free at the DC101 chili cook off last year and they absolutely blew away all the other new bands like Capitol Cities, AWOLnation, Beware of Darkness and Silversun Pick Ups. Those bands just did not excite anyone at all. That concert was DOA until Soundgarden took the stage, they were total pros. Just riff after riff and the crowd went wild. Especially for "Jesus Christ Pose".

Hot Victory and Darsombra are opening up for FLOOR.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #32408 on: March 19, 2014, 07:54:17 am »
I appreciate the thoughtful answer Hutch

it's my job to understand what makes people cross that line, or not, from "that's a cool show" to actually buying the ticket

azaghal1981

« Reply #32409 on: March 19, 2014, 09:16:16 am »
Pretty sure the horror stories about that place are enough to keep me away forever. And the Live Nation thing.
احمد

eros

« Reply #32410 on: March 19, 2014, 09:23:53 am »
Pretty sure the horror stories about that place are enough to keep me away forever. And the Live Nation thing.

I haven't been in probably 3-4 years.  Surely they've fixed the parking and traffic issues by now?  I've got a friend who lives out there and I know there are at least a lot more restaurants/bars in the area now.
ʎɐʍou

Hexenjagd

« Reply #32411 on: March 19, 2014, 10:19:17 am »
6/27
MERCHANDISE & NAT BALDWIN (Dirty Projectors) w/ special guest UKIAH DRAG
Metro Gallery

Vas Deferens

« Reply #32412 on: March 19, 2014, 10:27:36 am »
Camera Obscura / Laura Cantrell
July 18
(_|_)

Hexenjagd

« Reply #32413 on: March 19, 2014, 10:41:48 am »
5/9
PICTUREPLANE w/ CHIFFON, ABDU ALI, SCHWARZ + more TBA!
Metro Gallery

azaghal1981

« Reply #32414 on: March 19, 2014, 10:55:35 am »
Nakatani Gong Orchestra with 11 gongs
5/2
St. Stephen's

Bummer this conflicts with Slint.

Here it is with just five.

Will end at 10 at the latest. I suppose it could be possible to make both depending on how many openers Slint have.
احمد