Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10644792 times)

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #32895 on: May 06, 2014, 03:24:12 pm »
Lady Gaga
May 15th
Verizon Center
$49.80-228.50 After Fees

On sale: 12/9/2013

National Basketball Association
Indiana Pacers vs. Washington Wizards
Game 6, Thursday, May 15th
Verizon Center, Washington, District of Columbia

I can't believe they are doing this. Fans have bought tickets and now they aren't telling them if the event is cancelled or not.  I hope the Wizards lose in 4 games.  Who cares about basketball?  Just move it to the next day.  The Mystics are playing.   I don't even know what the Mystics are.  But I am sure they suck. Or move the game to the Baltimore Arena.  Or they could play on the road. 

I will never give Ted Leonsis another dime of my money.
Show of (virtual) hands: does anyone on here actually believe atomic gives a shit about this as opposed to this just being another spirited bout of trolling?

Ok Julian, You claim to be so smart. How in the world could it possibly be trolling to be on a music site where no one cares about anything about the upcoming shows to state that a musical event that has been planned many months in advance and Tens of thousands of music fans bought tickets to should be canceled at the last minute so they could play yet another basketball game? 

I never claimed to be so smart.

A concert getting pushed forward or back one day is nowhere near the same thing as it being canceled.

No one believes that you actually give a shit about whether Lady Gaga concert happens or not. What section are you sitting in, atomic?
LVMH

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #32896 on: May 06, 2014, 03:25:02 pm »
Lady Gaga
May 15th
Verizon Center
$49.80-228.50 After Fees

I can't believe they are doing this. Fans have bought tickets and now they aren't telling them if the event is cancelled or not.  I hope the Wizards lose in 4 games.  Who cares about basketball?  Just move it to the next day.  The Mystics are playing.   I don't even know what the Mystics are.  But I am sure they suck. Or move the game to the Baltimore Arena.  Or they could play on the road. 

They just won one. Will go at least five if they do not win in four.

The Wizards won a playoff game? That has to be a first. 
They've won five this year alone. As always, you are magnificently informed about the situation.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #32897 on: May 06, 2014, 03:27:59 pm »
Lady Gaga
May 15th
Verizon Center
$49.80-228.50 After Fees

I can't believe they are doing this. Fans have bought tickets and now they aren't telling them if the event is cancelled or not.  I hope the Wizards lose in 4 games.  Who cares about basketball?  Just move it to the next day.  The Mystics are playing.   I don't even know what the Mystics are.  But I am sure they suck. Or move the game to the Baltimore Arena.  Or they could play on the road. 

Show of (virtual) hands: does anyone on here actually believe atomic gives a shit about this as opposed to this just being another spirited bout of trolling?

Ok Julian, You claim to be so smart. How in the world could it possibly be trolling to be on a music site where no one cares about anything about the upcoming shows to state that a musical event that has been planned many months in advance and Tens of thousands of music fans bought tickets to should be canceled at the last minute so they could play yet another basketball game? 

I never claimed to be so smart.

A concert getting pushed forward or back one day is nowhere near the same thing as it being canceled.

No one believes that you actually give a shit about whether Lady Gaga concert happens or not. What section are you sitting in, atomic?

I do enjoy Lada Gaga's music.  But I won't be attending the festivities.  I didn't even know about the show.  There isn't enough buzz on here about it.  I think when such a big show arrives in town it should have its own thread.  Anyway I don't think we need to ruin this thread anymore with your insane ramblings.

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #32898 on: May 06, 2014, 04:16:04 pm »
Gaga moved to 5/12 to accommodate Wizards playoff schedule.

I see this on tour announcements all the time, actually-- bands are aware of potential playoff schedules and aware that they'll have to reschedule if that particular team makes it that far and needs to play at home.  Same thing happened a couple years ago with the Caps but they lost before it became an issue.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #32899 on: May 06, 2014, 10:34:05 pm »
Fucked Up / Weed
July 3rd
RNR
(_|_)

showlistdc

« Reply #32900 on: May 07, 2014, 02:58:17 am »

travelinbeat

« Reply #32901 on: May 07, 2014, 08:05:23 am »
Any Beck pre-sale info up in here?

Yeah I'm going to second this inquiry

Vas Deferens

« Reply #32902 on: May 07, 2014, 09:36:45 am »
Milosh (of Rhye)
8/20
Hamilton
(_|_)

atomic

« Reply #32903 on: May 07, 2014, 10:07:05 am »
Gaga moved to 5/12 to accommodate Wizards playoff schedule.

I see this on tour announcements all the time, actually-- bands are aware of potential playoff schedules and aware that they'll have to reschedule if that particular team makes it that far and needs to play at home.  Same thing happened a couple years ago with the Caps but they lost before it became an issue.

I don't think it is an issue for the bands I think it is an issue for the fans.  Some of whom might have taken off from work, gotten flights, booked hotels...etc.   

Got Haggis?

« Reply #32904 on: May 07, 2014, 10:23:22 am »
Gold Bar in Baltimore is shutting down:
https://www.facebook.com/GoldBarBaltimore/posts/646724495399049

apparently the owners of the building decided they wanted 30% of the door, so the people that run the gold bar decided to close.

showlistdc

« Reply #32905 on: May 07, 2014, 11:17:55 am »
Gold Bar in Baltimore is shutting down:
https://www.facebook.com/GoldBarBaltimore/posts/646724495399049

apparently the owners of the building decided they wanted 30% of the door, so the people that run the gold bar decided to close.

Makes sense -- any idea what's happening with the Crown?  My understanding is that the Crown and the Gold Bar are run by the same people, and since they're in the same building, do you know if the owners are forcing the same policy on the Crown?

Got Haggis?

« Reply #32906 on: May 07, 2014, 11:27:43 am »
they are run by different people....but it does seem strange to say that the gold bar must pay 30% of door but the crown doesnt (or maybe they already did?)

Yada

« Reply #32907 on: May 07, 2014, 12:07:33 pm »
Beck Presale is happening right now, password = morning

Vas Deferens

« Reply #32908 on: May 07, 2014, 12:32:30 pm »
Is Beck gonna be with a band or is it more acoustic solo type?
(_|_)

Yada

« Reply #32909 on: May 07, 2014, 12:43:16 pm »
Is Beck gonna be with a band or is it more acoustic solo type?

Band, whether it's acoustic or not.