Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10027048 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #35640 on: June 16, 2015, 01:52:27 pm »
Is the Market Hotel show the furthest in advance a DIY (using this term loosely)  show has been announced?
no DC shows...NYC/Brooklyn is closest

احمد

killsaly

« Reply #35641 on: June 16, 2015, 02:52:32 pm »
8/27
the Atlas Moth, Vattnet Viskar, ATRIARCH
@ Metro Gallery

Vas Deferens

« Reply #35642 on: June 16, 2015, 03:01:41 pm »
will they still be a DIY venue when they reopen?

Is the Market Hotel show the furthest in advance a DIY (using this term loosely)  show has been announced?
no DC shows...NYC/Brooklyn is closest

(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #35643 on: June 16, 2015, 03:07:55 pm »
Hence why I said I was using the term loosely. Todd P is not exactly a broke kid booking shows in his apartment.
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #35644 on: June 16, 2015, 03:37:02 pm »
here you go whiners  :D

JESUS AND MARY CHAIN
9/27
(_|_)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #35645 on: June 16, 2015, 03:41:56 pm »

JESUS AND MARY CHAIN
9/27
LVMH

« Reply #35646 on: June 16, 2015, 04:09:58 pm »
Seth...This is just too many great shows at the end of Sept/beginning of Oct

You are breaking up marriages you know!!!
slack

travelinbeat

Got Haggis?

« Reply #35648 on: June 17, 2015, 09:47:40 am »
when do the jamc tix go on sale?

Relaxer

« Reply #35649 on: June 17, 2015, 10:24:28 am »

JESUS AND MARY CHAIN
9/27

Oh hell yeah.

It'll probably be disappointing. It'll likely be too short, too crowded, too expensive, too ho-hum, too loud, too rote. But I don't care, I'll be front and center. Is this a Psychocandy show or just another regular cash tour? Because while I enjoyed their last show, it was a little disappointing. Here is my review of that show, which was pilloried and ridiculed by many on this very website:

JAMC wasn't the show I planned/wanted to see. For one thing, not playing a single song off of Psychocandy until the second to last song of the regular set? That's seriously dumb. Without Psychocandy, JAMC is a third-rate novelty "alternative" 90s band on the level of Marcy Playground, so how do they play just 4 songs total from it? And holy shit, they butchered 'The Hardest Walk'. I couldn't tell whether the vocals or guitar were out of tune or someone was playing a different song, but it was awful. And since my exposure to the band is through the gloomy, antisocial debut, having them do extended choruses of "YEAH YEAH YEAH!" was odd. Plus, the ham-handed drummer was really Grohling all over the place.

That said, I ended up liking most of the songs. Just had to say "Okay, it's not what you wanted, but it is what's on-stage" and I liked how loud and crunchy it was. I was always disappointed that they focused mostly on their mediocre 90s stuff, but I thought it was pretty enjoyable as long as I didn't dwell on it too much.
oword

Yada

« Reply #35650 on: June 17, 2015, 10:25:44 am »
^^that's the spirit^^

Vas Deferens

(_|_)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #35652 on: June 17, 2015, 11:06:21 am »
WINDJAMMER featuring
 FUTURE ISLANDS
 BEACH HOUSE
 DAN DEACON
 ED SCHRADER'S MUSIC BEAT
 BOND STREET DISTRICT
 ROMANTIC STATES
 DJ's JAMES NASTY, JASON WILLETT, MC SCHMIDT
 & MORE!

Saturday August 29th at Pier Six Pavilion in Baltimore
 2:30pm Gates- 3:30pm Show- All Ages
(_|_)

threequartersleeve

« Reply #35653 on: June 17, 2015, 11:41:46 am »
OMG!!!!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #35654 on: June 17, 2015, 11:57:57 am »

JESUS AND MARY CHAIN
9/27

Oh hell yeah.

It'll probably be disappointing. It'll likely be too short, too crowded, too expensive, too ho-hum, too loud, too rote. But I don't care, I'll be front and center. Is this a Psychocandy show or just another regular cash tour? Because while I enjoyed their last show, it was a little disappointing. Here is my review of that show, which was pilloried and ridiculed by many on this very website:

JAMC wasn't the show I planned/wanted to see. For one thing, not playing a single song off of Psychocandy until the second to last song of the regular set? That's seriously dumb. Without Psychocandy, JAMC is a third-rate novelty "alternative" 90s band on the level of Marcy Playground, so how do they play just 4 songs total from it? And holy shit, they butchered 'The Hardest Walk'. I couldn't tell whether the vocals or guitar were out of tune or someone was playing a different song, but it was awful. And since my exposure to the band is through the gloomy, antisocial debut, having them do extended choruses of "YEAH YEAH YEAH!" was odd. Plus, the ham-handed drummer was really Grohling all over the place.

That said, I ended up liking most of the songs. Just had to say "Okay, it's not what you wanted, but it is what's on-stage" and I liked how loud and crunchy it was. I was always disappointed that they focused mostly on their mediocre 90s stuff, but I thought it was pretty enjoyable as long as I didn't dwell on it too much.

will, you be shirtless?  hot.  if so, i will be there.