Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10631983 times)

Relaxer

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #36240 on: October 13, 2015, 02:01:18 pm »
Metz w/ Bully
Weird pairing...

I don't know. Metz clearly rocks harder than Bully, but both are channeling different aspects of 90s alternarock. Metz is going for that AmRep sound and Bully sounds like a Matador one-and-done band.
oword

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #36241 on: October 13, 2015, 02:33:58 pm »
Weelco
DAR
2/7/16

ooof... no thanx.

edit: on Superbowl Sunday as well. doubly no thanx. 

I would think that maybe they would add Monday 2/8...I am considering going to a Brooklyn show instead though.

« Reply #36242 on: October 13, 2015, 02:48:57 pm »
Weelco
DAR
2/7/16
I'm assuming this is some unholy allaince/supergroup of Ween and Wilco?

Now...that would be fun, but tweedy is so darn serious, guy rarely cracks a smile
slack

ggw

« Reply #36243 on: October 13, 2015, 03:07:20 pm »
Weelco
DAR
2/7/16
I'm assuming this is some unholy allaince/supergroup of Ween and Wilco?

Now...that would be fun, but tweedy is so darn serious, guy rarely cracks a smile

I wonder if he will attempt to kick selfie-taking concertgoers in the head again?

killsaly

« Reply #36244 on: October 13, 2015, 08:59:32 pm »
Nov 13 ? Dec 20
Pericles
@ Folger Theatre
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 09:04:13 pm by killsaly »

RustyOrgan

« Reply #36245 on: October 14, 2015, 07:42:27 am »
The superbowl is for mouthbreathers

Weelco
DAR
2/7/16

ooof... no thanx.

Yada

« Reply #36246 on: October 14, 2015, 08:46:58 am »

Weelco
DAR
2/7/16

ooof... no thanx.

edgy. enjoy your sit down, DAR, Wilco show.

« Reply #36247 on: October 14, 2015, 09:06:40 am »

I concur...what a bunch of hopeless losers would actually waste their time/money on that non-event
wankers the whole lot of them
slack

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #36248 on: October 14, 2015, 09:33:44 am »
Dude, have you looked at your own photos? You look like a rapist.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #36249 on: October 14, 2015, 09:40:59 am »
I wonder if any studies have been done to see if there are any correlations between IQ score and being a fan of various sports?

I'm so glad I saw Wilco so many times in smaller venues and don't feel the need to do DAR. That includes when they played the original 9:30 Club on their first tour. Very cool to catch Jeff Tweedy popping diet pills with the members of Minor Threat before that show.

hutch

« Reply #36250 on: October 14, 2015, 09:54:35 am »
I'm so glad I saw Wilco so many times in smaller venues and don't feel the need to do DAR. That includes when they played the original 9:30 Club on their first tour.

venue size has nothing to do with it.. you just don't really care to see them live anymore...you had your fill...

anyways, comparing today's Wilco with the earlier incarnation is kind of silly..the sound, the type of music, the lineup..its all changed....not to mention your life has changed.. you're busy with kids and saving money for their college fund...I doubt your spending patterns have stayed the same the past 20 years.... and, of course, maybe you just don't like the new Wilco....

I don't see a need to justify it via humblebrag...

Space Freely

« Reply #36251 on: October 14, 2015, 10:07:52 am »
I'm so glad I saw Wilco so many times in smaller venues and don't feel the need to do DAR. That includes when they played the original 9:30 Club on their first tour.

venue size has nothing to do with it.. you just don't really care to see them live anymore...you had your fill...

anyways, comparing today's Wilco with the earlier incarnation is kind of silly..the sound, the type of music, the lineup..its all changed....not to mention your life has changed.. you're busy with kids and saving money for their college fund...I doubt your spending patterns have stayed the same the past 20 years.... and, of course, maybe you just don't like the new Wilco....

I would gladly take the whole family to sit on the lawn for a Wilco Wolftrap show. Free parking, easy access, bring your own picnic and booze. DAR, none of that plus all of the standard reasons to avoid DAR.

The Whole Love was one of my favorite Wilco albums. Star Wars is my least favorite.

hutch

« Reply #36252 on: October 14, 2015, 10:19:20 am »

I would gladly take the whole family to sit on the lawn for a Wilco Wolftrap show. Free parking, easy access, bring your own picnic and booze. DAR, none of that plus all of the standard reasons to avoid DAR.

The Whole Love was one of my favorite Wilco albums. Star Wars is my least favorite.

DAR does blow.. but I think ultimately your priorities have changed and you are not as interested in live performances....you're more selective... it has to be at the venue you want, for the price you want, and a lot of other factors have to come into line.... this is not the way it was when you were a single young stallion back in the glory days of Space Cowboy concertgoing...

I hope I am not projecting.... ;)

slappy

« Reply #36253 on: October 14, 2015, 10:25:05 am »
I'm so glad I saw Wilco so many times in smaller venues and don't feel the need to do DAR. That includes when they played the original 9:30 Club on their first tour. Very cool to catch Jeff Tweedy popping diet pills with the members of Minor Threat before that show.

::) I was there in 1974 at the first Suicide practices in a loft in New York City.
I was working on the organ sounds with much patience.

RustyOrgan

« Reply #36254 on: October 14, 2015, 12:08:41 pm »
Wilco is for mouthbreathers.

I wonder if any studies have been done to see if there are any correlations between IQ score and being a fan of various sports?