Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10026738 times)

Kubacheck

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #36540 on: December 03, 2015, 06:08:08 pm »
this year's Super Bowl half-time show: Coldplay

I never watch the halftime shows anyway, good to see I don't have to make an exception this year...

walk,on,by

« Reply #36541 on: December 03, 2015, 06:42:30 pm »

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #36542 on: December 03, 2015, 07:05:45 pm »
Did I miss this?

Slayer, Testament, Carcass
March 5
FSS
badass

I don't need to see Slayer ever again but this is too good to pass up.

hutch

« Reply #36543 on: December 03, 2015, 07:22:10 pm »
Ty Segall and the Muggers
2-25

I was not aware of it until recently..it is onsale now

Vas Deferens

« Reply #36544 on: December 04, 2015, 11:03:04 am »
Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band
1/29
Verizon
(_|_)

Space Freely

« Reply #36545 on: December 04, 2015, 11:28:24 am »
1/29
Verizon

Never seen him and (thankfully) never been to a music show at Verizon.

But still, is it possible that there would be cheap nosebleed seats on stubhub the day of?

It seems like this announcement would rouse Ratbastard out of his board retirement.

Yada

« Reply #36546 on: December 04, 2015, 11:30:54 am »
1/29
Verizon

But still, is it possible that there would be cheap nosebleed seats on stubhub the day of?

It seems like this announcement would rouse Ratbastard out of his board retirement.

I find that typically Springsteen shows aren't too overpriced in the first place and the majority of his shows are true sellouts vs. scalpers gobbling up tickets for the secondary market. I'm sure there will be a few tickets on stubhub, but I doubt the market will be flooded.

bearman🐻

« Reply #36547 on: December 04, 2015, 11:32:46 am »
1/29
Verizon

Verizon isn't a bad place to see a show actually. And if you've never seen Springsteen, go. I never "got" him until I saw him. I will definitely try to go to this. It's a special experience. Is it true that he's playing "The River" LP?

« Reply #36548 on: December 04, 2015, 12:08:28 pm »
1/29
Verizon

Verizon isn't a bad place to see a show actually. And if you've never seen Springsteen, go. I never "got" him until I saw him. I will definitely try to go to this. It's a special experience. Is it true that he's playing "The River" LP?

only time I saw bruce was at Verizon (I think the only concert I've seen there) and it was really an awesome show
They put on such a great live show and really know how to play in a stadium
I don't think there will be lot's of cheap seats available for this as there are a billion bruce fans in the DC area

but never know, ya might get lucky
The scalpers will buy a lot, but fans will buy them from the scalpers early on
but no doubt some scalper will be stuck with a stack of physical tickets when the curtain goes up and you can strike a good deal
slack

Yada

« Reply #36549 on: December 04, 2015, 12:10:10 pm »
1/29
Verizon

only time I saw bruce was at Verizon (I think the only concert I've seen there) and it was really an awesome show
They put on such a great live show and really know how to play in a stadium
I don't think there will be lot's of cheap seats available for this as there are a billion bruce fans in the DC area

but never know, ya might get lucky
The scalpers will buy a lot, but fans will buy them from the scalpers early on
but no doubt some scalper will be stuck with a stack of physical tickets when the curtain goes up and you can strike a good deal

^^we know sidehutch's track record with understanding scalping, don't take his advice^^

« Reply #36550 on: December 04, 2015, 12:13:11 pm »
^^we know sidehutch's track record with understanding scalping, don't take his advice^^
you do have a point...
but my stament wasn't that different than yours
slack

Yada

« Reply #36551 on: December 04, 2015, 12:18:17 pm »
you do have a point...
but my stament wasn't that different than yours

"but no doubt some scalper will be stuck with a stack of physical tickets when the curtain goes up and you can strike a good deal"

No good deals shall be had!

Kubacheck

« Reply #36552 on: December 04, 2015, 01:43:12 pm »
IMO, the "problem" with the Springsteen secondary market is that since he does keep the prices (relatively) low, it inspires a ton of "non-fans" to buy a bunch of tix with the idea of scalping them, either on Stubhub or wherever, with little risk..... or people who are happy to either make a quick buck or just go see Springsteen at "cost".... so right after they go on sale, I'm sure there'll be a couple/few thousand tix listed on the various reseller sites at least at first....

K8teebug

« Reply #36553 on: December 04, 2015, 02:18:57 pm »
I won tickets to see Springsteen and to meet Little Steven the last time he was in town and it was more fun seeing the Sopranos reunion beforehand at the bar. Still, it was great to hear "Because the night" and to see everyone have so much fun.

hutch

« Reply #36554 on: December 04, 2015, 02:27:04 pm »
Bruce is great.. just not my bag... I don't know why that is.. If you did a check-off list of all the things I like in music he sure would get a lot of checks... although he's a little too clean cut... he could learn a thing or two from Scott Weiland..