Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10028188 times)

hutch

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #36855 on: January 21, 2016, 01:26:35 pm »
Philly show is 6/13 for the whiners

Philly before HAMPTON???

The outrage.

btw I was just looking at the prices for Heart/Cheap Trick/Jett

boy... talk about crazy... $350 for the first section.. $200 for the second...wow...I don't even want to know what the VIP packages are..

« Reply #36856 on: January 21, 2016, 01:29:43 pm »

Pete Yorn
Howard
3/19
presale today
 Code: LOSTWEEKEND 
In support of his forthcoming new album, ARRANGINGTIME (out March 11), Pete Yorn will be touring across North America.
slack

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #36857 on: January 21, 2016, 01:34:33 pm »
AT THE DRIVE IN
6/14
Any word when tickets go on sale??
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #36858 on: January 21, 2016, 02:00:28 pm »
High Highs
04/07/16
Black cat backstage
slack

hutch

« Reply #36859 on: January 21, 2016, 02:02:52 pm »
ticketing has become so confusing

now I'm getting Orchestra for $100 for heart

the ultimate package for Heart is $350 including ticket..

I would love to meet Ann Wilson but I don't have that kind of money lying around.. oh well...

I guess I'll have to be content with the one time I saw Heart.. I think it ended up being really cheap because of some groupon or something but I can't remember

Kubacheck

« Reply #36860 on: January 21, 2016, 07:43:42 pm »

......I would love to meet Ann Wilson but I don't have that kind of money lying around.. oh well...

you could always go to her solo show at the Ramshead in March, you might have a decent shot at meeting her there.....

http://www.ramsheadonstage.com/event/1066979-ann-wilson-thing-annapolis

hutch

« Reply #36861 on: January 21, 2016, 08:12:24 pm »

......I would love to meet Ann Wilson but I don't have that kind of money lying around.. oh well...

you could always go to her solo show at the Ramshead in March, you might have a decent shot at meeting her there.....

you know? that is a good point.. I had forgotten about that show.. I guess when I saw the $99 price for a Ramshead show I balked but then again... it will probably be pretty special

vansmack

« Reply #36862 on: January 21, 2016, 08:28:49 pm »
I would love to meet Ann Wilson but I don't have that kind of money lying around.. oh well...

I actually met her a few months ago.  She was performing at some trial lawyers thing here in SF that my family was all in town for.  She was very sweet - I hope you get the opportunity to meet her.
27>34

Kubacheck

« Reply #36863 on: January 21, 2016, 08:37:59 pm »

you know? that is a good point.. I had forgotten about that show.. I guess when I saw the $99 price for a Ramshead show I balked but then again... it will probably be pretty special

I'm sure you've been to the Rams Head so I'm probably not telling you something you don't know, but one "good" thing about that place is that there is no entrance to the venue that isn't also accessible to the public... a friend has met more than a few artists by being there way early and catching them on the way in to soundcheck or when they're just walking back and forth from the tour bus to the concert hall, the buses are always parked out front on the street.....

hutch

« Reply #36864 on: January 21, 2016, 11:22:05 pm »

I'm sure you've been to the Rams Head so I'm probably not telling you something you don't know, but one "good" thing about that place is that there is no entrance to the venue that isn't also accessible to the public... a friend has met more than a few artists by being there way early and catching them on the way in to soundcheck or when they're just walking back and forth from the tour bus to the concert hall, the buses are always parked out front on the street.....

yes you always get to meet them .. I've never failed to have an interaction (no matter how short)...

lets see.. I've met/interacted with buckwheat zydeco/Lou Donaldson/pete best/allen Toussaint and who knows who else..

it is hard to get there from dc unless its a weekend....rush hour gets crazy going up that way...

and 100$ plus charges is 100$ but you've given me something to think about.. I do love ann Wilson..

Space Freely

« Reply #36865 on: January 21, 2016, 11:51:47 pm »

yes you always get to meet them .. I've never failed to have an interaction (no matter how short)...

lets see.. I've met/interacted with buckwheat zydeco/Lou Donaldson/pete best/allen Toussaint and who knows who else..

it is hard to get there from dc unless its a weekend....rush hour gets crazy going up that way...

and 100$ plus charges is 100$ but you've given me something to think about.. I do love ann Wilson..

Is Ann the fat one or the prettier, thinner one?

hutch

« Reply #36866 on: January 22, 2016, 12:01:34 am »

Is Ann the fat one or the prettier, thinner one?

the one with the greatest (living) voice in rock and roll....

« Reply #36867 on: January 22, 2016, 01:26:43 pm »
Houndmouth
4/24
da club
slack

blipvurt

« Reply #36868 on: January 22, 2016, 03:30:38 pm »
Agoraphobic Nosebleed at BC on 5/21.
Onsale now.

killsaly

« Reply #36869 on: January 22, 2016, 05:11:39 pm »
3/18
RANGDA (Ben Chasny, Chris Corsano, Richard Bishop) w/ guests TBA!
@ Joe Squared

https://soundcloud.com/drag-city/rangda-to-melt-the-moon
Rangda is the kind of group that clued-in music snobs can only dream of forming. At its core is the twin virtuoso guitar attack of Richard Bishop, of the sorely missed Sun City Girls and his own instructive solo recordings, and Ben Chasny, the man behind the Six Organs of Admittance moniker, and a member of Comets on Fire and numerous other musical formations. The lineup is rounded out by drummer Chris Corsano, who has worked with everyone from Bjork to Jandek to legendary British free-jazz saxophonist Evan Parker. After circling the idea for years, the three finally halted their schedules in order to record their first record, False Flag, which was released by Drag City in 2010. This was followed in 2012 by their second album, Formerly Extinct (also on Drag City). Since then they have released a live 10? record (Rangda Live in Krefeld) on Germany?s Unrock label, and a split LP with The Dead C on Ba Da Bing!

Bishop, Chasny and Corsano bring decades of experience to the collective table. It is estimated that they?ve appeared on over 400 albums between the three of them. The knowledge each has gained from working as solo performers, as well as with others, allows them to effortlessly move freely as a unit, engaging themselves in improvisational blow-outs, extended psychedelic explorations, odd-metered compositions, and anything else that is required.

Rangda have recently recorded their third full-length record which will be released by Drag City in early 2016.