Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10027602 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #36960 on: January 28, 2016, 04:18:11 pm »
Islands
5/24
RNR
(_|_)

Kubacheck

« Reply #36961 on: January 29, 2016, 03:24:47 pm »
Dandy Warhols 4/17

at the club

shemptiness

« Reply #36962 on: January 29, 2016, 06:03:48 pm »
Owners of the Paramount, a New York-based music club, announced today preliminary plans for a new entertainment venue near Baltimore's sports stadiums.

The Baltimore venue will likely fill its entertainment schedule similarly to the original location, with many genres represented, like classic rock, pop-rock, jazz, metal and hip-hop, Ellis said. Non-music events like boxing and comedy acts will likely be pursued as well.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/music/midnight-sun-blog/bal-paramount-new-york-music-venue-announces-plans-for-location-near-baltimore-stadiums-story.html

hutch

« Reply #36963 on: January 29, 2016, 06:07:41 pm »
these people are all crazy.. there are way too many venues already..

walk,on,by

« Reply #36964 on: January 29, 2016, 06:09:15 pm »
yeah, and who plays Baltimore?

killsaly

« Reply #36965 on: January 29, 2016, 07:29:41 pm »
I welcome the new venue.  I hope it books interesting artists and has a nice sound system. 

hutch

« Reply #36966 on: January 29, 2016, 07:31:05 pm »
remember there are plans to have a new hammerjacks in baltimore..

I mean who is going to play all this places?.. in DC between the new venues: Hamilton, Howard, Fillmore, Bethesda, AMP by Strathmore, Gypsy Sallys, Hill Country BBQ there are so many places now competing .. all they are doing is driving the cost of tickets UP!

and also I believe the Madison square garden people were going to open up a venue in DC

hutch

« Reply #36967 on: January 29, 2016, 07:32:44 pm »
I welcome the new venue.  I hope it books interesting artists and has a nice sound system. 

the more the merrier.. its not my problem but at some point many of them will have to close...

but hey good for Baltimore.. no prob with me.

walk,on,by

« Reply #36968 on: January 29, 2016, 07:36:25 pm »
with all this new possible competition . . . seth better look back at that, basement apt in twinbrook.

killsaly

« Reply #36969 on: January 29, 2016, 07:40:14 pm »
Adding one venue to downtown Baltimore will not hurt anything.

wml7

« Reply #36970 on: January 29, 2016, 09:15:57 pm »
Bob Mould Ted Leo
4/27
 ;D

travelinbeat

« Reply #36971 on: January 31, 2016, 12:40:51 am »
Explosions in the Sky, 2nd night added
5/19

Here's the thing

« Reply #36972 on: January 31, 2016, 07:12:09 pm »
Did I miss the Peter Hook announcement?
Howard Theatre, Nov. 23, 2016

killsaly

« Reply #36973 on: January 31, 2016, 07:17:31 pm »

Yes.
Peter Hook -- Substance tour (Joy Division and New Order)
Howard Theater
11/23

and then
The Hook shows seem like such a soul-less concept but I've heard the actual shows are great, fun and feature good music. Can anyone confirm/deny?

If you haven't been, then you have no idea what you're missing. I'd go see a Peter Hook 100 times before going to back to a New Order show. The last tour I saw was Low-Life and Brotherhood. "Elegia" was a really special experience...watching him play bass on that gave me goosebumps. It's genius, and it's all him. He started with an opening set of Joy Division tunes. Hearing "Dead Souls" and "Transmission" is about as thrilling as live music gets for me. I think in the end it was about 2 hours and 45 minutes of performance. Ian Curtis may have been the soul of Joy Division, but Peter Hook is the lifeblood of JD and New Order. He is incredibly proud and respectful of the legacy of both bands, and he loves playing that music. And you never doubt it when you see it.

And Sidehatch, on the last tour he played a LOT more bass. I think he's gotten more confident in what he's presenting and feels more natural being in the spotlight.

Here's the thing

« Reply #36974 on: January 31, 2016, 07:20:45 pm »
Okay, how did I miss the Peter Hook announcement?

Yes.
Peter Hook -- Substance tour (Joy Division and New Order)
Howard Theater
11/23

and then
The Hook shows seem like such a soul-less concept but I've heard the actual shows are great, fun and feature good music. Can anyone confirm/deny?

If you haven't been, then you have no idea what you're missing. I'd go see a Peter Hook 100 times before going to back to a New Order show. The last tour I saw was Low-Life and Brotherhood. "Elegia" was a really special experience...watching him play bass on that gave me goosebumps. It's genius, and it's all him. He started with an opening set of Joy Division tunes. Hearing "Dead Souls" and "Transmission" is about as thrilling as live music gets for me. I think in the end it was about 2 hours and 45 minutes of performance. Ian Curtis may have been the soul of Joy Division, but Peter Hook is the lifeblood of JD and New Order. He is incredibly proud and respectful of the legacy of both bands, and he loves playing that music. And you never doubt it when you see it.

And Sidehatch, on the last tour he played a LOT more bass. I think he's gotten more confident in what he's presenting and feels more natural being in the spotlight.