Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10028165 times)

Space Freely

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #37830 on: April 04, 2016, 02:42:39 pm »
If you brought your kid to the "adult" show, and then whined and complained that all the adults made it a poor experience for your child, then why doesn't your no-bullshit wife call you a full-of-shit asshole? Asking for a friend.

a path should have been cleared for them to get to the front and space around them so they could dance...

Ideally there would be a "kids only" area in the front, but I imagine there's just too many damn people.

I should think the ideal would be a "designated 'Space Freely Zone'" right in front of the stage.... other people's kids can be real bratty sometimes...

My kid and wife would be very happy with that idea. Has the band signed enough of your albums so that you're on good enough terms with the two Johns to get them to honor such a request?

« Reply #37831 on: April 04, 2016, 02:58:07 pm »
If you brought your kid to the "adult" show, and then whined and complained that all the adults made it a poor experience for your child, then why doesn't your no-bullshit wife call you a full-of-shit asshole? Asking for a friend.
POTW material here!
slack

hutch

« Reply #37832 on: April 04, 2016, 02:58:56 pm »

a path should have been cleared for them to get to the front and space around them so they could dance...

Ideally there would be a "kids only" area in the front, but I imagine there's just too many damn people.

I should think the ideal would be a "designated 'Space Freely Zone'" right in front of the stage.... other people's kids can be real bratty sometimes...

My kid and wife would be very happy with that idea. Has the band signed enough of your albums so that you're on good enough terms with the two Johns to get them to honor such a request?

I have no pull with John or John...

I've never tried to get them to sign anything.. I saw them once like 20 years ago on Constitution Avenue..free show.... To tell you the truth they kind of make me want to blow my head off although Here comes the ABCs and Here comes the 123s are very good and my older boy went through a hardcore phase with them about two years ago.... Here comes science not so much....

A roomate of mine in college would always play Flood... I just could not stand it..

analogfossa

« Reply #37833 on: April 04, 2016, 03:39:37 pm »
Snoop Dogg, Wiz Khalifa, Kevin Gates, Jhene Aiko, Casey Veggies and DJ Drama
7/31
Lube

hutch

« Reply #37834 on: April 04, 2016, 04:36:38 pm »
Moby (talk)
5-18
5th and I

hutch

« Reply #37835 on: April 04, 2016, 05:01:12 pm »
Wesley Stace (John Wesley Harding)
Jammin java
6-14

hemisphire

« Reply #37836 on: April 04, 2016, 05:23:07 pm »
Don Henley
9/7-8
Wolf Trap

hutch

« Reply #37837 on: April 04, 2016, 05:37:20 pm »
don't know if this was announced yet.j.

HOT AUGUST MUSIC FESTIVAL!

THIEVERY CORPORATION
JOE RUSSO'S ALMOST DEAD
RAILROAD EARTH
LEFTOVER SALMON
THE REVIVALISTS
CABINET
SAMANTHA FISH
LITZ
EASTMAN STRING BAND

Saturday, August 20th, 2016
Oregon Ridge Park, Cockeysville, MD

hutch

« Reply #37838 on: April 04, 2016, 08:17:08 pm »
Dick Dale
9-4
Ramshead Annapolis

Kubacheck

« Reply #37839 on: April 04, 2016, 08:35:47 pm »
Dick Dale
9-4
Ramshead Annapolis

saw him there a few years ago, still the loudest show I've ever been to sans earplugs..... the Dinosaur Jr. shows at the 930 might've been louder, but for once, I had the good sense to wear earplugs for those shows....
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 08:37:26 pm by Kubacheck »

hutch

« Reply #37840 on: April 04, 2016, 08:48:29 pm »
Dick Dale
9-4
Ramshead Annapolis

saw him there a few years ago, still the loudest show I've ever been to sans earplugs..... the Dinosaur Jr. shows at the 930 might've been louder, but for once, I had the good sense to wear earplugs for those shows....

good to know! I'd like to see him one time... I don't think its meant to be though...

Space Freely

« Reply #37841 on: April 04, 2016, 08:54:03 pm »
Dick Dale
9-4
Ramshead Annapolis

One time a couple years ago i was in Boston with my mom and was looking for something to do. I saw that Dick Dale was playing some kind of supper club in Cambridge, and thought what the hell, maybe we should go. Maybe I could even set the two of them up.

Alas, it sounds like it was good that i didn't end up taking my mom to see Dick Dale.

« Reply #37842 on: April 04, 2016, 09:15:01 pm »
Dick Dale
9-4
Ramshead Annapolis

One time a couple years ago i was in Boston with my mom and was looking for something to do. I saw that Dick Dale was playing some kind of supper club in Cambridge, and thought what the hell, maybe we should go. Maybe I could even set the two of them up.

Alas, it sounds like it was good that i didn't end up taking my mom to see Dick Dale.
See, I knew you were the kind of guy who would take his mom to get some Dick
mad props
slack

Got Haggis?

« Reply #37843 on: April 04, 2016, 10:21:26 pm »
My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult - June 11th - Fish Head Cantina

Pretty weird

killsaly

« Reply #37844 on: April 04, 2016, 10:25:11 pm »
Sick!