Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10599235 times)

Space Freely

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #38880 on: July 28, 2016, 08:41:25 pm »
Dale Watson
Hamilton
9-27

$10-$15

Dale is the real deal if you like real country music....

And he loves to tell you how much he is the real deal. Over and over and over.
you're alway a buzz killer.. you ever notice that?

NEver seen him but i love the live album CD i got a few years ago...don't recall him saying he was the real deal on the CD but he talked a lot.. mainly about real country music.. people like Cash... I've been wanting to see him for a while.. for $10 I will try to make it out I think....

Oh, he's worth $10. You'll enjoy it. Saw him once 10+ years ago at Iota. Don't feel the need to see him again, but he puts on a solid show.

K8teebug

« Reply #38881 on: July 29, 2016, 08:50:43 am »
And Margo Price is also heading there in November. Cannot recommend her show enough. You can buy tickets to the Hamilton show on her website.

K8teebug

« Reply #38882 on: July 29, 2016, 08:51:03 am »
Gilmore Girls
10/25
The NetFlix

A show notable for name dropping The Sugarplastic

11/25...can't wait.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #38883 on: July 29, 2016, 08:53:37 am »
Gilmore Girls
10/25
The NetFlix

A show notable for name dropping The Sugarplastic

11/25...can't wait.
Its weird seeing the previews in HD. I'm like "this isn't how Gilmore Girls is supposed to look . . ."
LVMH

« Reply #38884 on: July 29, 2016, 10:57:48 am »
Teenage Fanclub tickets are on soft-sale now:

https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1266305?utm_medium=bks
LVMH

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #38885 on: July 29, 2016, 11:03:46 am »
Two Door Cinema Club
Echostage
Thu, Nov 17
$48.60 (!!!)

Note that they were just at Black Cat in early June playing for $30

Space Freely

« Reply #38886 on: July 29, 2016, 11:31:58 am »

Shit, I'm going out of town and won't be able to buy tickets at the box office (thus saving $14 in fees for two tickets) until 8/12. Do we think this show will be sold out before then? When do we think it will go onsale to the general public? They're not the kind of band that's going to sell out in two weeks are they? The only people who like them are about a dozen boardies and that's it, right?

« Reply #38887 on: July 29, 2016, 11:35:23 am »

Shit, I'm going out of town and won't be able to buy tickets at the box office (thus saving $14 in fees for two tickets) until 8/12. Do we think this show will be sold out before then? When do we think it will go onsale to the general public? They're not the kind of band that's going to sell out in two weeks are they? The only people who like them are about a dozen boardies and that's it, right?
I would be very surprised if it sold out before then personally. I'm planning on waiting until 8/10 when I'm in town for Drive Like Jehu to buy mine.

Even if it did sell out, I couldn't imagine you'd have any difficulty getting one at face from the Ticket Exchange forum.
LVMH

bob72

« Reply #38888 on: July 29, 2016, 11:44:00 am »
I would be very surprised if it sold out before then personally.

I agree.

There are a few shows at the club currently (Belly, Dino Jr., L7, Television, Echo & Bunnymen, Buzzcocks) that I was convinced would (and should) sell out immediately and haven't. But apparently I am old and stuck in 1992 so, yeah.

I'm hoping to make this one. I feel like I saw them back in the Bandwagonesque days, but I can't seem to recall any vivid memory other than I think it was at the Vic theater in Chicago.
PENIS

Yada

« Reply #38889 on: July 29, 2016, 11:45:03 am »

Space... one of your favorite bands on your bucket list, correct? You won't buck up $7 to ensure you'll see them? #thrifty

« Reply #38890 on: July 29, 2016, 11:49:42 am »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #38891 on: July 29, 2016, 12:00:23 pm »

Space... one of your favorite bands on your bucket list, correct? You won't buck up $7 to ensure you'll see them? #thrifty

Also hoping to buy a couple of weeks for my wife to decide if she wants to go, and to figure out a babysitting situation, wonder if nine is too young of an age for a TF show...sorry to muck up the thread without a show announcement...

hutch

« Reply #38892 on: July 29, 2016, 01:37:44 pm »
there is something to be said for buying a ticket ahead of time.... its like going steady with the band or something.....as a huge fan I am going to buy my ticket early and not wait til concert...

now I need to find a copy of Songs From Northern Britain on vinyl..

bob72

« Reply #38893 on: July 29, 2016, 01:44:16 pm »

bargain basement prices of $70 - $120 on discogs
PENIS

hutch

« Reply #38894 on: July 29, 2016, 01:54:19 pm »

bargain basement prices of $70 - $120 on discogs

yea... its going to be repressed too -probably in the next year- but I want them to sign it cause its one of my desert island records.... not sure if I will pull the trigger though...