Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10611409 times)

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #39510 on: October 17, 2016, 01:15:25 pm »
Forum Favorite Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls, FSS 1/19, presale wednesday, onsale Friday.
this surprised me with his whole 930 connection (Josh, recorded a song and was on the 930 live show)
but from looking at his itinerary, I'm sure I'm sure the exec's at Live were like
'sure you can do the 930 club, but forget about these other 15 shows you were hoping to book'

also, Jesus doesn't hate Phish....he hates Phish fans....

This isn't the first time board fave Josh Turner has slighted the 930 club.

Josh?

Hell yeah, dood was Sturgill Simpson before Sturgill Simpson existed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nADTbWQof7Y
I believe the name is spelled Homer Simpson.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #39511 on: October 17, 2016, 02:17:48 pm »
FSS has capacity of 2000 so to me one can't say Frank Turner is doing anything other than following the benjamins...same with the Descendents

« Reply #39512 on: October 17, 2016, 03:24:37 pm »
FSS has capacity of 2000 so to me one can't say Frank Turner is doing anything other than following the benjamins...same with the Descendents
but he said the 930 is hallowed ground
are you trying to tell me he lied to me!
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #39513 on: October 17, 2016, 03:56:10 pm »

Couldn't the 9:30 simply charge more for each ticket? I mean Frank himself would make the same amount no matter where he played, right? I'm assuming he has an asking price that would be the same regardless of which of the two venues he played.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #39514 on: October 17, 2016, 03:58:10 pm »
but from looking at his itinerary, I'm sure I'm sure the exec's at Live were like
'sure you can do the 930 club, but forget about these other 15 shows you were hoping to book'

This.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #39515 on: October 17, 2016, 05:25:29 pm »

This.

Indeed.
It will be a great concert to attend the night before the Trump inauguration!

hutch

« Reply #39516 on: October 17, 2016, 05:54:32 pm »

Couldn't the 9:30 simply charge more for each ticket? I mean Frank himself would make the same amount no matter where he played, right? I'm assuming he has an asking price that would be the same regardless of which of the two venues he played.

huh? you think they pay people the same regardless of venue? I don't think it works that way..

its not like hiring a clown to come to your house for your kid's birthday party

hutch

« Reply #39517 on: October 17, 2016, 07:18:40 pm »
Cracker and Camper Van Beethoven
1-12

this show appeals to me but ymmv

Camper Van Beethoven is one of those bands that as the years pass I find new things to like about...

hutch

« Reply #39518 on: October 17, 2016, 09:14:14 pm »
Phil COLLINS! 9 dates in Europe next summer!!!!!!!!

bob72

« Reply #39519 on: October 17, 2016, 09:31:36 pm »

huh? you think they pay people the same regardless of venue? I don't think it works that way..

its not like hiring a clown to come to your house for your kid's birthday party
I think this depends on how big of an act someone is. At this level I would venture to say Turner gets x number of dollars per ticket.

I don't think artists get a set fee until they hit the stadium/arena size shows
PENIS

« Reply #39520 on: October 17, 2016, 09:49:34 pm »
I think, at a place like the 930. 
They say, I want 30k...you figure out the ticket price
so you sell 1200 $35 tickets

I may play a concert promoter online, but that is not even remotely my area of expertise

FT has sold out the 930 the last two times....but it did take awhile (although sold out in 20 mins and sold out in 45 days is really the same thing...in terms of money for the venue/band date of show)

There is also his show on a Friday in charlottesville...
Sat/Sun would be much more doable with my current job

I kinda like how FSS is so close to FFS
they almost look the same a first glance
I almost always say 'For Fuck's Sake' every time I see a band show up on there roster

slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #39521 on: October 17, 2016, 10:01:54 pm »
Artists take is fixed, but closer to 50%. Club covers expenses, but drinks are basically pure profit.

Space Freely

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #39523 on: October 17, 2016, 10:17:29 pm »
No way Green Day got $500K last week.

walkie,talkie

« Reply #39524 on: October 17, 2016, 11:18:33 pm »
I am not one to say this lightly, but can this thread get fucking back on track?

Shows?