Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 9981281 times)

Relaxer

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #40620 on: February 28, 2017, 04:50:08 pm »
I smoked weed before it was legal and while it was legal. I don't see myself stopping just because someone else changed the game.
oword

« Reply #40621 on: February 28, 2017, 05:59:27 pm »
I smoked weed before it was legal and while it was legal. I don't see myself stopping just because someone else changed the game.
+1
I will say the attiutide of all Americans has changed quite a bit in the last two decades as well

I agree with yada, vape is the way.  I'm a big fan of shatter, that can be used in a cheap vape.  If you want to go traditional flower...you need to pony up about $200 for a quality vape
slack

hutch

« Reply #40622 on: February 28, 2017, 06:02:27 pm »
but we don't yet know if vaping has deleterious long term effects or not.. or do we?

Bags

« Reply #40623 on: February 28, 2017, 06:08:15 pm »
Redd Kross
May 2
Black cat
This is insane.  I am away for ONE week in May and am missing all kinds of shows.  Tommy Keene at the Black Cat (instead of Iota) and Red Kross.  g'damn it.

Yada

« Reply #40624 on: February 28, 2017, 06:11:49 pm »
but we don't yet know if vaping has deleterious long term effects or not.. or do we?

Popcorn lung?

hutch

« Reply #40625 on: February 28, 2017, 06:12:45 pm »
Redd Kross
May 2
Black cat
This is insane.  I am away for ONE week in May and am missing all kinds of shows.  Tommy Keene at the Black Cat (instead of Iota) and Red Kross.  g'damn it.

its getting very HOT in DC area show-wise.. I counted at least 10-15 must sees doodling during my child's IEP conference yesterday..

hutch

« Reply #40626 on: February 28, 2017, 06:13:20 pm »

Popcorn lung?

WTF is popcorn lung? I s that like when you end up sounding like James Brown when he yells "POPCORN!"?

Yada

« Reply #40627 on: February 28, 2017, 06:15:45 pm »

Popcorn lung?

WTF is popcorn lung? I s that like when you end up sounding like James Brown when he yells "POPCORN!"?

hutch

« Reply #40628 on: February 28, 2017, 06:18:01 pm »
but it is not proven right? or it depends on the flavor.. i know fuck all about vaping but have no interest in it... i'd rather smoke a cigarrette

http://www.medicinenet.com/popcorn_lung_symptoms_and_causes/views.htm

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #40629 on: February 28, 2017, 06:21:20 pm »
It's looking more and more like vaping is worse than smoking.  And smoking is really bad to begin with.

hutch

« Reply #40630 on: February 28, 2017, 06:25:13 pm »
It's looking more and more like vaping is worse than smoking.  And smoking is really bad to begin with.

i would not be surprised if it is worse.. from what i heard on an npr show a lot of the stuff they put in there- the chemicals- are made in china and its not very well regulated...

i would be wary of it myself.. smoking a few cigarrettes every once in a while is not going to kill you... although in my case people in my house might kill me if they find out...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #40631 on: February 28, 2017, 06:29:55 pm »
The aerosolized liquid has a much smaller particle size than tobacco smoke, and gets much deeper into the lungs.  The liquid (similar to vegetable oil) is very poorly metabolized by the lungs, and tends to stick around for quite a while. 

In terms of the smell and taste chemicals, yeah I don't know, but it seems similar to air freshener or Lysol.  Mixed with nicotine, a known carcinogen.

This has got to be one of the most ridiculous products on the market, and it's being sold as the "healthy alternative". 

Ahh well, everyone has their first amendment right to hurt themselves, or whatever.

hutch

« Reply #40632 on: February 28, 2017, 06:41:54 pm »

This has got to be one of the most ridiculous products on the market, and it's being sold as the "healthy alternative". 

yeah..that's the kicker though.. most people using it think its perfectly healthy...so they don't know they are hurting themselves...

i'm surprised how nobody in the Obama administration did anything about it... now with Cheeto forget about it.. another 8 years of a free for all while they crack down on marijuana...

hutch

« Reply #40633 on: February 28, 2017, 06:57:31 pm »
first batch of wolftrap shows will be announced thursday

anyone want to guess.. i'll try to pick a few sure ones:

gypsy kings (2 shows)
wilco (their "hip" show)
tony bennett (sponsored by AARP in conjunction with Depends undergarments)
Eva Cassidy with Chuck Brown (following up on the succesful comeback gig at Blues Alley)
some really old band that had a hit song in the 1960s
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 07:00:30 pm by hutch »

walkie,talkie

« Reply #40634 on: February 28, 2017, 07:34:07 pm »
Oh ill take that guess

B52s
Beach boys
Chris isaack