Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10017668 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #45855 on: June 27, 2019, 08:13:53 pm »
Was able to navigate this presale, but took 15 plus minutes ... each time i submitted my order it told me that someone else beat me to it.... had to cycle through 8 times to get the tixkets.

this is by far the worse part of this experience: on the seat map, they show seats as "available" when in fact someone has them in their basket (so they're locked, unavailable).  so you put seats in your basket, attempt to lock them, get a "sorry, another fan has beat you to it", and you need to start over (including a page reload).  super annoying. 

i must have attempted to purchase 20 different seats for thom yorke, and finally i stopped trying to get the best seats available and picked something a few rows back from the best available.  those eventually went through.
So, in other words, Seth doesn’t care about his customers?

this aspect of TM's service sucks. 

this may be a case of The Man being bitten by The Man.
So, to clarify — and I’m not smart enough to know who is stylized and capitalized as The Man — Seth could choose a different ticketing partner that is more consumer friendly but he elects not to because of his
wild, untamed capitalist frenzy and he is the enemy of all concert-goers?? Just trying to understand your message.
LVMH

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #45856 on: June 29, 2019, 10:51:20 pm »
plus "best seats available" are not "best seats available".  Seems to me they list back of the venue seats first, since they figure most rabid fans online at initial sale, will take any seats to make sure they are in the house.

Was able to navigate this presale, but took 15 plus minutes ... each time i submitted my order it told me that someone else beat me to it.... had to cycle through 8 times to get the tixkets.

this is by far the worse part of this experience: on the seat map, they show seats as "available" when in fact someone has them in their basket (so they're locked, unavailable).  so you put seats in your basket, attempt to lock them, get a "sorry, another fan has beat you to it", and you need to start over (including a page reload).  super annoying. 

i must have attempted to purchase 20 different seats for thom yorke, and finally i stopped trying to get the best seats available and picked something a few rows back from the best available.  those eventually went through.
So, in other words, Seth doesn’t care about his customers?

this aspect of TM's service sucks. 

this may be a case of The Man being bitten by The Man.

« Reply #45857 on: June 30, 2019, 11:25:25 am »
plus "best seats available" are not "best seats available".  Seems to me they list back of the venue seats first, since they figure most rabid fans online at initial sale, will take any seats to make sure they are in the house.

I think this may be true
slack

hutch

« Reply #45858 on: June 30, 2019, 11:45:32 am »
Personally speaking I don’t like TM.

Ticketmaster’s client is not the ticket purchaser (who thinks they are) but the company utilizing their services (the venue owner or management) None of us I think have any idea what the terms of such a contract are....I know from long ago that part of the TM charges go back to the venue and in many cases the performer. TM does not keep all the money. In essence they “bribe” the client and performer. This would be no different with Ticketfly. Others on this board I am sure know far more.

It always seemed to me that Ticketfly could not adequately handle the volume on some larger shows because they didn’t have the necessary infrastructure.

Out of curiosity who are other ticketing service companies that could to the job better?!? It’s one thing to move 300 tickets at the Black Cat and another to move 40,000 tickets in an hour.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #45859 on: July 01, 2019, 11:04:26 am »

Janet Weiss leaving Sleater-Kinney  :(
(_|_)

rich_WDC

« Reply #45860 on: July 01, 2019, 12:12:52 pm »

Out of curiosity who are other ticketing service companies that could to the job better?!? It’s one thing to move 300 tickets at the Black Cat and another to move 40,000 tickets in an hour.
It's hard to get a better ticketing company, for functionality, than Ticketmaster.   Tickets.com can do it.   Ticketfly is mothballed by the end of this year and it's not known how EventBrite (that absorbed Tfly) will change its technology.

JohnnyBaconbitz

« Reply #45861 on: July 01, 2019, 02:12:41 pm »

Janet Weiss leaving Sleater-Kinney  :(

Can't say I'm shocked at all w Carrie doing a full John/Yoko w St. V

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #45862 on: July 02, 2019, 08:10:21 am »
Don't blame her. Not a fan of the new material at all.

dave24

« Reply #45863 on: July 03, 2019, 11:22:45 am »
Joie Calio (of Dada)
House Concert
Saturday - July 13 - 7PM
Alexandria, VA

PM me for details if interested

hutch

« Reply #45864 on: July 07, 2019, 01:29:34 pm »
World Cup champs, bitches!!