Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10597144 times)

challenged

• Instagram
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #46155 on: September 10, 2019, 02:21:13 pm »
Time to move buddy!

Jason Isbell (solo)
Harrisburg University/Forum Auditorium (which is now as close to where I live as is the Anthem)
couldn't agree more...when cockeysville is your closest hip spot, you are in trouble

bitter words from someone who  sounds like he hasn't spent time at the Towson Town Centre PF Changs...

Vas Deferens

« Reply #46156 on: September 10, 2019, 02:23:38 pm »
people still listen to, Jason Isbell?
(_|_)

Yada

« Reply #46157 on: September 10, 2019, 02:32:51 pm »
Green Day/Weezer/Fallout Boy
08-21 Washington, DC - Nationals Park

EDIT: Weezer also released the lead single for their next album, called something or other [who cares?], that drops May 15th, 2020. Announcing a record release over 8 months away? This seems really bizarre especially with a music industry that has went to such short release cycles. Why do this?

Tickets on Stubhub are already $8.99

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #46158 on: September 10, 2019, 02:45:08 pm »

EDIT: Weezer also released the lead single for their next album, called something or other [who cares?], that drops May 15th, 2020. Announcing a record release over 8 months away? This seems really bizarre especially with a music industry that has went to such short release cycles. Why do this?

Nah. With Green Day? Weezer/Fallout Boy, sure, but I think Green Day tours infrequently enough and maintains a big enough fan base that the tickets would hold their value a bit more. $30.
LVMH

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #46159 on: September 10, 2019, 02:45:45 pm »

why must you always pick a fight!
at least two people on this board, okay one, listens to JI, okay just me.

Yada

« Reply #46160 on: September 10, 2019, 02:47:39 pm »

Nah. With Green Day? Weezer/Fallout Boy, sure, but I think Green Day tours infrequently enough and maintains a big enough fan base that the tickets would hold their value a bit more. $30.

41k seats at the stadium... even if they only have 35k seats open, does this trio of bands command ticket sales to fill it up?

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #46161 on: September 10, 2019, 02:53:16 pm »

41k seats at the stadium... even if they only have 35k seats open, does this trio of bands command ticket sales to fill it up?

Yes.

« Reply #46162 on: September 10, 2019, 02:54:43 pm »

This is a well-thought-out point and I lower my day-of stubhub price to $20 as a result of it.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #46163 on: September 10, 2019, 02:56:20 pm »

Yes.

Sounds like challenged is buying the pre sale tickets. Probably sidehutch's kids too.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #46164 on: September 10, 2019, 03:02:34 pm »

Yes.

Sounds like challenged is buying the pre sale tickets. Probably sidehutch's kids too.

Oh, only 18% chance I will attend this. Saving my money - me and Joe are following Bjork around indonesia next year.

Space Freely

« Reply #46165 on: September 10, 2019, 03:14:24 pm »

I'd listen to the older stuff, but don't feel the need to ever see him again, unless it was free.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #46166 on: September 10, 2019, 03:44:20 pm »

because your heyday was in 1996?
<sig>

« Reply #46167 on: September 10, 2019, 03:45:56 pm »

And how does announcing this record 8 months ahead of time change that?
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #46168 on: September 10, 2019, 04:06:07 pm »

And how does announcing this record 8 months ahead of time change that?

your = the band's

so their release strategy dates back to '96, because, hey, it worked great back then.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #46169 on: September 10, 2019, 04:07:45 pm »
Bob Dylan
12 Nov 2019 Baltimore, Maryland University of Maryland Baltimore County – UMBC Event Center
13 Nov 2019 Petersburg, Virginia Virginia State University – Multi-Purpose Center
21 Nov 2019 The Met Philadelphia Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

more dates to be announced, supposedly...
<sig>