Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10286180 times)

GAY,GUY

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #51315 on: February 15, 2022, 03:53:35 pm »
phish at mpp . . . ok

phish at nissan . . . better

phish at wolf trap . . . nice

phish at the mothership . . . i will actually go see phish, again.

Starsky

« Reply #51316 on: February 15, 2022, 03:56:04 pm »
phish at nissan . . . better

Words nobody ever said

GAY,GUY

« Reply #51317 on: February 15, 2022, 04:04:23 pm »
So easy for me to get to.  So easy in and out, compared to MPP.  I know the area very well, so it is the only reason I love it.   Access.  It's a fine venue too, and usually a drunk rager in the parking lot.

bellenseb

« Reply #51318 on: February 15, 2022, 04:46:37 pm »
Grant-Lee Phillips
City Winery
6/5

Starsky

« Reply #51319 on: February 15, 2022, 05:01:42 pm »
So easy for me to get to.  So easy in and out, compared to MPP.  I know the area very well, so it is the only reason I love it.   Access.  It's a fine venue too, and usually a drunk rager in the parking lot.

Easy in and out to Nissan?

Words nobody said ever

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #51320 on: February 15, 2022, 05:15:50 pm »

Words nobody said ever

actually, i've said this - exactly once.  for the radiohead show (2006?), they encouraged carpooling by giving preferential treatment to multi-person vehicles and we were 5 packed into our car.  we got there early (very quick entry to the parking lot) and were ushered to a spot within 100 feet of the main gate.  as folks will recall it was raining torrentially that day so we tail-gated in the car for at least an hour.  weeeeee.  knowing the setlist for the tour we hightailed it outta there when they started the last song, caught most of it from the back of the lawn, and heard the final applause as we got in the car.  drove straight outta there, no waiting, and we were on I-66 about 60 seconds later. 

yes, i realize these were exceptional circumstances.  otherwise, hutch is absolutely correct: Nissan/Jiffy/whatever you wanna call that soulless corporate temple is a hellish nightmare to get in and out of.  we missed half of a coldplay concert once as we crawled at 2 miles an hour to get into the parking lot despite having left DC 3 hours beforehand (insert predictable "you should have been thankful" comments here...)
<sig>

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #51321 on: February 15, 2022, 05:25:47 pm »
Yes, if you leave before the concert is over, its a breeze. Traffic HATES THIS ONE EASY TRICK!!
LVMH

notme

« Reply #51322 on: February 15, 2022, 08:15:21 pm »
you can get your oil changed in the parking lot during the concert at jiffy lube.

« Reply #51323 on: February 15, 2022, 09:42:47 pm »
you can get your oil changed in the parking lot during the concert at jiffy lube.
You would think that, what a great idea
slack

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #51324 on: February 15, 2022, 10:14:49 pm »

Words nobody said ever

actually, i've said this - exactly once.  for the radiohead show (2006?), they encouraged carpooling by giving preferential treatment to multi-person vehicles and we were 5 packed into our car.  we got there early (very quick entry to the parking lot) and were ushered to a spot within 100 feet of the main gate.  as folks will recall it was raining torrentially that day so we tail-gated in the car for at least an hour.  weeeeee.  knowing the setlist for the tour we hightailed it outta there when they started the last song, caught most of it from the back of the lawn, and heard the final applause as we got in the car.  drove straight outta there, no waiting, and we were on I-66 about 60 seconds later. 

yes, i realize these were exceptional circumstances.  otherwise, hutch is absolutely correct: Nissan/Jiffy/whatever you wanna call that soulless corporate temple is a hellish nightmare to get in and out of.  we missed half of a coldplay concert once as we crawled at 2 miles an hour to get into the parking lot despite having left DC 3 hours beforehand (insert predictable "you should have been thankful" comments here...)

Multiple of my friends were turned away from the parking lot just before the show was set to begin. Luckily made it in before that started. Took an hour+ to get out after, but man was it worth it. Still one of my favorite shows.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #51325 on: February 15, 2022, 11:44:53 pm »

Words nobody said ever

Multiple of my friends were turned away from the parking lot just before the show was set to begin. Luckily made it in before that started. Took an hour+ to get out after, but man was it worth it. Still one of my favorite shows.

"good evening, wet people"

the bridge during paranoid android was definitely a vibe: rain down, rain down, come on rain down on me, from a great height...

it wasn't my absolute favorite show from the tour, but man it was special...
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #51326 on: February 16, 2022, 10:01:15 am »
Quasi is opening for Jon Spencer and Janet Weiss will be playing drums with the Jon Spencer Hit makers

If schedule allows I will try to go to Charlottesville

Janet Weiss rocks hard

Starsky

« Reply #51327 on: February 16, 2022, 10:08:04 am »
Paul Oakenfold
Soundcheck
4-15

« Reply #51328 on: February 16, 2022, 10:27:16 am »
Quasi is opening for Jon Spencer and Janet Weiss will be playing drums with the Jon Spencer Hit makers

If schedule allows I will try to go to Charlottesville

Janet Weiss rocks hard
we'll I'd be happy to ride shotgun ;)
slack

« Reply #51329 on: February 16, 2022, 10:28:35 am »
Paul Oakenfold
Soundcheck
4-15
FYI, this is him and not sure why he does these small shows in DC?
doesn't make sense as he has headlined giant shows
small little club like Ust size
slack