Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 9924680 times)

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #52125 on: May 17, 2022, 01:40:30 pm »
I know this is over 30 years ago, but the live version from 88 Perry's vocals sound soo much better
https://youtu.be/i7Q_8q3XXrQ

that's also the album - i.e. studio - version.  not really fair to compare live vs. studio.

ok...so yes, but I thought that was a live ablum?  The video is clearly not from 88 as Flea is in it
but I do recall they called it a live album, but it was really a studio album with the 'cheering' added in?
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #52126 on: May 17, 2022, 02:10:29 pm »
Painful to the ears. Sounds as bad as Bon jovi does in 2022.

https://youtu.be/K9qXNJtWYGg

do you know the song?  that's what it's supposed to sound like - so perhaps this song has always hurt your ears?  perry's vocals are fine in that vid.

Says the guy who took his missus to see a2.5 hour wailing dolphin show!

« Reply #52127 on: May 17, 2022, 02:20:04 pm »

do you know the song?  that's what it's supposed to sound like - so perhaps this song has always hurt your ears?  perry's vocals are fine in that vid.

quality burn
slack

« Reply #52128 on: May 17, 2022, 02:23:34 pm »
I know this is over 30 years ago, but the live version from 88 Perry's vocals sound soo much better

that's also the album - i.e. studio - version.  not really fair to compare live vs. studio.

ok...so yes, but I thought that was a live ablum?  The video is clearly not from 88 as Flea is in it
but I do recall they called it a live album, but it was really a studio album with the 'cheering' added in?

Jane's Addiction is the eponymous live album by Jane's Addiction, released on May 15, 1987. Its basic tracks were recorded live at the Roxy Theatre in Los Angeles on January 26, 1987, with additional overdubs and corrections recorded at The Edge Studio in Los Angeles. An audience applause dub from a Los Lobos concert was overlaid onto the final mix

so the vocals on Jane says are live in concert it appears

actually the vid I posted was the audio from Nothing Shocking when they re recorded it and added the steel drums
vid is deceptive as I thought it was live by the footage...clearly not

Ok here is the triple XXX version from their first album https://youtu.be/IivyqXN-ums
and as expected, his vocals are exquisite
I guess because licensing reasons this is hard to find?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 02:33:51 pm by Side toad poison ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #52129 on: May 17, 2022, 02:42:05 pm »

"jane says" was released twice:
- on their self-titled 1986 debut where is was recorded "semi-live" (recorded on stage, then taken to the studio to fix and add parts).  this version doesn't contain the steel drum, but does have the crowd sounds.  overall sound quality is weird - lacking in high end.  aside: according to da wiki, the audience applause was taken from a Los Lobos concert and added to the final mix.
- on nothing's shocking: with steel drum, sounds a lot less muffled.

and to total confuse us, in the above youtube they play the NS version - but added some crowd noise, so sorta amalgamating both versions.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #52130 on: May 17, 2022, 02:50:20 pm »

quality burn

seriously?  boring my wife at a show is directly relevant to being able to recognize and/or appreciate an indie classic... how?

i mean, it could have been a solid burn if it tied back to the question at hand in some way... but it doesn't.  sweetcell: "too bad you can't tell the difference between an apple and an orange."  retort: "oh yeah?!?  well you took your wife to a boring concert!!!111".  yeah.  had potential, but wasted burn  ::)
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #52131 on: May 17, 2022, 03:44:57 pm »
Wheel of Fortune
Cap One Hall
Friday, September 23

Space Freely

« Reply #52132 on: May 17, 2022, 03:52:58 pm »

quality burn

seriously?  boring my wife at a show is directly relevant to being able to recognize and/or appreciate an indie classic... how?

i mean, it could have been a solid burn if it tied back to the question at hand in some way... but it doesn't.  sweetcell: "too bad you can't tell the difference between an apple and an orange."  retort: "oh yeah?!?  well you took your wife to a boring concert!!!111".  yeah.  had potential, but wasted burn  ::)

I see I'm going to have to mansplain this one.

I think my point was that (to me) Perry sounded awful on Stern, far worse than any other rendition of that song I've ever heard (admittedly, the last time I saw Jane's Addiction live was in 1991. Even Keef Richards could still play the guitar back in 1991).

But you said his voice sounded fine, that's the way it's supposed to sound.

And my point was that you enjoyed a show where the singer sounded like a wailing dolphin. So maybe, I'm going to stick with my own thought that Perry now sounds terrible, Like Jon Bon Jovi terrible. Rather than listen to (wonderful human being) wailing dolphin guy's opinion. (Though to me Perry's voice was arguably always to least enjoyable instrument in Jane's. It was always weak but now it's just a flat rasp on that song.)

bellenseb

« Reply #52133 on: May 17, 2022, 04:39:23 pm »
Men at Work
8/17
Cap One Hall

« Reply #52134 on: May 17, 2022, 04:47:16 pm »
Men at Work
8/17
Cap One Hall
I had to do a double take...I was thinkin colin hay couldn't even sell out the Lincoln, but this is that new venue in tysons
slack

bellenseb

« Reply #52135 on: May 17, 2022, 05:21:42 pm »
Yeah, I think with the Men at Work billing vs solo it'll do fine

Men at Work
8/17
Cap One Hall
I had to do a double take...I was thinkin colin hay couldn't even sell out the Lincoln, but this is that new venue in tysons

GAY,GUY

« Reply #52136 on: May 17, 2022, 10:34:26 pm »
Goodbye, Madison Cawthorn.  It was nice to know, how gay you really are.

Gurrrrl.

Edit, sorry, I didn't realize that this was discussed in another thread.

Oh well.  Like, Aaron Shock . . . the fags will still fuck him.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 10:36:22 pm by Walk,on,by »

JohnnyBaconbitz

« Reply #52137 on: May 18, 2022, 03:23:07 am »
No Richman for DC?

bellenseb

« Reply #52138 on: May 18, 2022, 11:58:12 am »
Clem Snide
Jammin Java
10/11

« Reply #52139 on: May 18, 2022, 01:03:57 pm »
Bauhaus
Anthem
9/12

Interesting feed back from a recent show

But, I beg you to do what you can in Seattle & beyond: in 35 years of concerts I've never seen lighting weaponized against an audience that way. Hope others have a better experience but really could not see or watch a good portion of the show. (random comment overheard on the sidewalk outside: "You gotta wonder who they hate in the audience that much.")

also peter is unrecognizable
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 01:06:50 pm by Side toad poison ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack