Author Topic: Spoon tonight roll call  (Read 5048 times)

daves122

Spoon tonight roll call
« on: April 11, 2008, 07:43:00 am »
Who's going? Anyone want to venture a guess at set times?

Firebutt McGee

Re: Spoon tonight roll call
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 08:04:00 am »
Last night in Philly was fucking AMAZING. White Rabbits weren't there, so we got an EXTRA long Spoon set.

Here's the setlist.

I Saw The Dude
 Beast and Dragon, Adored
 Me and the Bean
 Rhthm + Soul *
 Stay Don't Go *
 You Got Yr Cherry Bomb *
 The Ghost of You Lingers
 Anything You Want
 Everything Hits at Once
 Don't You Evah
 Peace Like A River (Paul Simon cover)
 Don't Make Me A Target
 Cvantez
 The Government Darling
 I Turn My Camera On
 They Never Got You
 I Summon You
 The Two Sides of Monsieur Valentine *
 The Underdog *
 Finer Feelings
 Black Like Me (acoustic)

Rocks Off (new song?)
 Eddie's Ragga
 My Japanese Cigarette Case
 My Mathematical Mind
 The Delicate Place
 Small Stakes
 Chips and Dip

*- played with horn section
 ----
 They also played Nefarious somewhere in there. Britt said it was one of the first songs him and Jim learned how to play. People went kinda nuts up front where I was. I'd be surprised if they played as long as they did in Baltimore tonight, but honestly, who knows? I'm definitely going to their Durham show on Sunday after this.

Also note: They didn't play "The Way We Get By", "Jonathon Fisk", "Chicago At Night", or "Metal Detektor".
Woof.

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 08:59:00 am »
I really, really wish this show was in DC instead of Baltimore. We still haven't gotten a proper DC show for Ga Ga Ga Ga ga Ga ga ga tour. And perhaps never will.

daves122

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 10:44:00 am »
The show I saw at the 9:30 club last fall was really good too.

heather

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 11:42:00 am »
approximate set times posted on the sonar site:

9-9:30 white rabbits
 9:45-10:45 the walkmen
 11:15-12:45 spoon

killsaly

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 12:37:00 pm »
Im there.  Too bad White Rabbits only get a half hour.  I am really digging their album.  Hopefully Spoon wont have an annoying buzz through their whole set like when they opened for the Shins.  I couldnt believe they played for that long with that problem.  Anyways, I hope everyone has a good time tonight.  I gave up my Hot Chip tickets to see this.  Those three bands together are a stellar lineup.

paul3mac

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 01:34:00 pm »
My prediction: White Rabbits steal the show (though with only 30 min set, may be hard too).  I saw them open for the walkmen a couple months ago at Ottobar and they definitely out-rocked the walkmen.  I've seen spoon live a few times, love their albums, but havenâ??t been overly impressed with their live show.

Originally posted by heather:
  approximate set times posted on the sonar site:

9-9:30 white rabbits
 9:45-10:45 the walkmen
 11:15-12:45 spoon

Vas Deferens

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 02:07:00 pm »
White Rabbits were very impressive at Lolla. Can't wait for the Black Cat show.

Originally posted by paul3mac:
  My prediction: White Rabbits steal the show (though with only 30 min set, may be hard too).  I saw them open for the walkmen a couple months ago at Ottobar and they definitely out-rocked the walkmen.  I've seen spoon live a few times, love their albums, but havenâ??t been overly impressed with their live show.

(_|_)

wml7

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 02:14:00 pm »
I'll be seeing them in Norfolk tomorrow.  Been hearing great things about White Rabbit, we'll see.  Already seen Spoon and Walkmen

PigIron

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 06:02:00 pm »
Going.   Haven't seen them, with the exception of the Virgin Fest.  Not a huge fan.  Maybe after tonight.  Hope its a great show.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 02:59:00 am »
That was the crowd they should have had last Fall at the 9:30 Club (which they'd like to play, but I'm not sure if they're on good terms with Seth).  They loved the crowd.  The crowd loved them and were loud and appreciative.  The band loved it.  It was hot as hell in there.  The written set list had tons more songs than they played...too tired to write it out now.

They just get better and better each time I see them.

nite nite

oh and loved White Rabbits (the singer-guitarist guy is so tiny!), but now know that I am not a fan of The Walkmen.

nite nite for real this time : :)
PANTS

jpauls20

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 09:43:00 am »
please post a setlist...tough call last nite, spoon or the caps... I chose the latter and I think I made out just right...

wml7

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 10:21:00 am »
How was Spoon last night and White Rabbits??  Going to see them in Norfolk tonight.  Just saw Walkman a few weeks ago so should be a great show.  Seen Spoon before at some festivals and they were eh maybe a smaller venue would be better.

fatskippy

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 11:46:00 am »
I didnt see the openers but Spoon was epic last night

PigIron

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 01:57:00 pm »
I thought all three were great last night.  White Rabbits - had never heard of them but they impressed.  Was the pianist eating cookies the entire night?
 I thought that the Walkmen were really impressive live and that the singer has a great set of pipes.  I'm still not a huge Spoon fan.  I think they are a good rock band with some catchy songs here and there.  Nice crowd.