Author Topic: your absolute most favoritest....  (Read 8352 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
your absolute most favoritest....
« on: June 06, 2006, 06:25:00 am »
...show of all time
 ...album of all time
 ...band/artist of all time

One answer per and no pussyfooting.  Qualify/defend if you must.

Show: U2 - Unforgettable Fire tour....first rock show and it changed everything for me.

Album: Husker Du - Zen Arcade...kept me from completely self destructing in high school.  Instead I waited until my early 20's.

Band:  The Ramones...It's not like I've given them more spins than any other band over the years, but their records just seem to get better with age for me.  Plus, would the world even exist today had it not been for them??

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
Re: your absolute most favoritest....
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 06:46:00 am »
Show: The Who at the Hollywood Bowl, '04, was one of (probably the) best.  but, i was there alone with my dad.  it had potential to be better.
 as far as fun/actual happiness at a show, Rilo Kiley in May 2005.  probably the one day of my life where everything has felt perfect for a full 24 hours.

Album: No Doubt's "Tragic Kingdom"
 ...this was the first album that I personally owned    :)  

Band: I'm going to be diplomatic and say The Beatles.  Been listening to them my whole life, and they haven't written a single song that I'm not fond of.  I can also say that they've influenced...well...a lot of people.  They just wrote great, catchy music.  They were deep when they needed to be, and they had fun when they needed to.  And made ridiculous movies.  What more can I say?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 07:03:00 am »
Originally posted by you be betty:
  Show: The Who at the Hollywood Bowl, '04, was one of (probably the) best.  but, i was there alone with my dad.  it had potential to be better.
 as far as fun/actual happiness at a show, Rilo Kiley in May 2005.  probably the one day of my life where everything has felt perfect for a full 24 hours.

One answer per, please.  How are you going to attend a top university if you can't follow simple instructions?

TimCooke

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 09:59:00 am »
Best Show:  The Kinks at Merriweather in the late 80's.  UK Jive Tour.  The Who and Pink Floyd at RFK in 90 and 93 are close seconds.

Best Album:  I'm tempted to say Boston's Self-titled debut...but I'll go with Oasis "What's the Story Morning Glory.  (I'm ready for my beat-down)

Best Band:  Gotta go with the Beatles

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 10:14:00 am »
Best show...Johnny Cash at 9:30 Club
 Best album...too hard to pick
 Best artist...three way tie: Schiele, Munch, and Klimt

bearman🐻

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 10:44:00 am »
Best show: The Pixies at Citadel Center, November 1991. I probably have seen better shows, but back then, it was one of those events that I felt like I had waited my whole life to experience. Every song was incredible, and to me they were/are musical gods. I was 16, on my own, and totally free. 'Nuff said.

Best album: I cannot pick one, but if I had to, it would probably be Figure 8 by Elliott Smith. It's the one record that captures so many moods and styles, every single song is fantastic. The only thing I would add to that record is his cover of "Don't Fear the Reaper".

Best artist/band: Bob Mould/Husker Du. He inspires me every time I see him pick up a guitar. A total natural, and he always does what he wants and needs to. The pinnacle of artistic integrity.

eros

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 10:50:00 am »
Show...I might say the Radiohead show from the other night in Philly, but I need a while to gain some perspective.  Let's go with U2 ZooTV, Hampton Coliseum 1992.

Album...Pulp - "Different Class"

Band...Manics (barely nudges out Oasis)
ʎɐʍou

nanj

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 10:53:00 am »
Best Show: Tie between Backstreet Boys MCI Center 2001 (big venue) and New Atlantic/Cute Is What We Aim For/Valencia/Punchline at the Ottobar (small venue)

Best Album: Tie between MCR 3 Cheers and Punchline 37 Everywhere

Best Band: I have to do this Current--MCR, classic--Aerosmith

(but my all time favorite everything is the Backstreet Boys, sorry, that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

Fico

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 11:02:00 am »
show: Oasis at Radio City Music Hall
 album: Definitely Maybe changed everything, What's the Story? confirmed all that was changed
 band: Oasis

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 12:31:00 pm »
show: Grateful Dead at the pyramids
 album: Flirtin' with Disaster, Molly Hatchet
 band: Blackfoot

amnesiac

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 12:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by eros:
  Show...I might say the Radiohead show from the other night in Philly, but I need a while to gain some perspective.
I was tempted to do the same thing.

Show: Radiohead at Liberty State Park in 2001. I almost didn't get to see Radiohead on this tour because of those cancelled Bull Run shows. So I decided to go up to NJ with some friends and luckily got a ticket for face at the venue. Seeing Thom Yorke play "True Love Waits" with the Statue of Liberty in the background is probably my most memorable concert moment. This was also the last time I ever saw the Twin Towers.

Album: OK Computer. I was a little late to the Radiohead party, but this is where the obsession started and I haven't looked back since.

Band: I kinda like Radiohead...

palahniukkubrick

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2006, 01:03:00 pm »
Show: I'd have to think about it further.
 Album: Brian Eno's Another Green World
 Band: Devo

SPARX

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2006, 02:40:00 pm »
Show: Clash @ Ritchie Coliseum

album: Jesus and Mary Chain Psychocandy

band: Brian Jonestown Massacre

Sage 703

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2006, 02:48:00 pm »
Show: Smashing Pumpkins farewell show at the United Center, November 30th, 2000

Album: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

Band: Smashing Pumpkins

hmm...apparently there was a theme here when forced to pick just one...

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2006, 02:58:00 pm »
Show: 12.2.00 - Smashing Pumpkins final show, Metro in Chicago

Album: Changes often but You're Living All Over Me by Dinosaur Jr.

Band: Pumpkins