Author Topic: they've discovered why the bridge collapsed in Minnesot  (Read 7495 times)

Marty666

they've discovered why the bridge collapsed in Minnesot
« on: August 03, 2007, 07:49:00 pm »
Americans are Fat.

walkonby

Re: they've discovered why the bridge collapsed in Minnesot
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 10:51:00 am »
minnesota isn't fat; they're too drunk to eat.

thirsty moore

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 12:06:00 pm »
Has Keillor said anything about it?

alex

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 07:58:00 am »
I'm sure he'll blame Bush and the war, just like the Democratic senators from Minnesota, despite the fact that the state's waste of their own revenue on bailing out pension fund liabilties ($972 million), seldom-used rail lines ($97 million), theaters ($12 million), bear exhibits at a zoo ($30 million), ethanol subsidies to an industry already experiencing a 300% increase in profit ($34 million), and viking ships ($1 million), and their waste of the nearly half a billion in federal transportation earmarks on things like nature trails mostly in sparsely populated areas ($48 million) and the University of Minnesota system ($19 million) is  well documented.

bnyced0

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 10:08:00 am »
Originally posted by Brandon Brendall, the thief:
  I'm sure he'll blame Bush and the war
Considering he IS responsible for thousands of innocent deaths, adding a handful more wouldn't be much of a stretch.

walkonby

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 10:28:00 am »
Originally posted by bnyced0:

Considering he IS responsible for thousands of innocent deaths, adding a handful more wouldn't be much of a stretch. [/b]
last time i checked, everyone who spilled their blood in a death dance on iraq soil, did it from their own free will, because they obviously like to kill people and "get away" with it.  bush didn't make them do anything; he just offered the possibility and they all jumped at the chance.

bnyced0

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 11:23:00 am »
Originally posted by walkonby:

Originally posted by bnyced0:

Considering he IS responsible for thousands of innocent deaths, adding a handful more wouldn't be much of a stretch. [/b]
last time i checked, everyone who spilled their blood in a death dance on iraq soil, did it from their own free will, because they obviously like to kill people and "get away" with it.  bush didn't make them do anything; he just offered the possibility and they all jumped at the chance. [/b]
I would have started with the incompetence and inaction that provided a window of opportunity that led to 911, and noone born on US soil volunteered to die that day.

As far as our military goes, you can't possibly believe we don't need to defend our selves, have a military force, and for it to be all volunteers?  

But if you do, there's not much else to discuss because being irrationale doesn't lend itself to discussion.  

But those men and women, for the most part, joined to military to defend our country, from real threats, under the belief that the commander in chief would use his authority in a responsible way.  

For those that joined after it was evident we were going to be engaged in a unlawful and unjustified conflict, well you might have a marginal point and there may have been some war mongers amongst them and shame on them.  But to paint everyone in uniform as a premeditated killer, is foolish and irresponsible much like the person who leads them.  Nothing is black and white, and it's the failure to understand nuance that has led us down this destructive road.  

The military deserve a leader worthy of their sacrifice, and the braindead asswipes that voted for W deserve the blame too (and again any and everyone regardless of age or gender who voted for W should have compulsory service in Iraq), as well as the ones that don't participate in the process which could have possibly mitigated the asswipes' votes.

But only one person could have stopped this dead in its tracks, and he'd burn in hell for what he's done to our country if only there was a hell.

manimtired

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 11:46:00 am »
i hope youre just as upset with the congress who continues to fund the war.

alex

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 11:50:00 am »
...and in the end, Iraq and your feelings on it have absolutely nothing to do with this bridge collapsing.

bnyced0

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 12:05:00 pm »
  ...and in the end, Iraq and your feelings on it have absolutely nothing to do with this bridge collapsing.
true.

bnyced0

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 12:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by manimtired:
  i hope youre just as upset with the congress who continues to fund the war.
Oh, believe me I'm pissed at any and everyone even tangentially associated with the entire enterprise but there's a special place for the architects.

lagas

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 12:17:00 pm »
I dont know about you guys, but every time I see a young soldier with just one leg or one arm walking around in airports or in the mall, I think of W and it makes me feel really mad and sad at the same time
zorra

Marty666

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 06:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by lacroix:
  I dont know about you guys, but every time I see a young soldier with just one leg or one arm walking around in airports or in the mall, I think of W and it makes me feel really mad and sad at the same time
to misquote harry truman; "the buck stops there".

the iraq war is proof that just because you can lie to america and get them to go along with some stupid unneeded military incursion, your lies wont change the facts on the ground awaiting your soldiers.

the iraq war is 100% bush's fault, as well as everything that goes along with it; the over 3,000 dead american soldiers, the 30,000 wounded americans, the 100,000 dead iraq civilians and now the ground we are losing in afghanistan.

alex

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 07:20:00 am »
Again, none of which has anything to do with the money the states waste on frivlous crap when they should be paying for road and bridge repair.

Back on topic, plz.

bnyced0

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 11:46:00 am »
  Again, none of which has anything to do with the money the states waste on frivlous crap when they should be paying for road and bridge repair.

Back on topic, plz.
I'm confused, who exactly interjected Bush into the conversation, albeit to seemingly to take a shot at political incompetence (amongst the Dems presumably) in Minnesota?