Author Topic: SONIC YOUTH ROLL CALL - Early Show  (Read 15743 times)

PigIron

Re: SONIC YOUTH ROLL CALL - Early Show
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2006, 02:39:00 pm »
Saw second show.  Setlist was the new record with "Pattern Recognition" thrown in early on - maybe the third song.  Im not really familiar with new record but I've heard it and it seemed that they almost played it in order. Then they ended with Eric's Trip, Shaking Hell, Brother James.  Not a bad audience.  I didn't know crowd surfing was still in, but it was funny seeing fans running around onstage hugging the band.

bearman🐻

« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2006, 02:43:00 pm »
Did anyone at the first show see the guy who was a spitting image of Jack Black?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2006, 03:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by phillidan:
  No positive comments about Kim at all? I think she is still getting it done. Anyone else?
she's a wannabe Yoko Ono. j/k
(_|_)

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2006, 04:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
  Did anyone at the first show see the guy who was a spitting image of Jack Black?
YES!  HOLY CRAP.  Saw him at the bar and thought it was just me...I didn't even mention it to anyone else because I was tired and not wearing my glasses.

eeyahkee

« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2006, 04:18:00 am »
I was there and SY pretty much own my soul, but I have to say it was the least awesome SY show I've ever seen....and I really liked RR. I've seen 100% and Drunken so many times so it was kind of a let down. They haven't busted out any gems other than Shaking Hell, but they've played that every show on the tour.