Author Topic: Some background?  (Read 17111 times)

Bags

Re: Some background?
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2003, 11:06:00 pm »
HA, to me halo is a song from the latest Foo Fighters album!  That's my biggest secret on this board at least, I'm a HUGE Foo Fighters fan.

Originally posted by PR_GMR:

Hey PR, you dont like halo, do you?
I've never played Halo..  :p  [/b]

Bags

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2003, 11:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by broadkat:
  i work in the city but live in va.  i love the 930 but cower in selfdoubt and angst when i get near it.
OH NO!  That's terrible.  In my early 20s, I went to the 9:30 club so much, and probably a third to half the time I had to go by myself.  I didn't have friends in town into the same music.  And that was the old 9:30 club that was much....more of a dive.  And the neighborhood, though way gentrified now, was equally as sketchy/not really sketchy.

Go a lot.  If you're by yourself, go down to the Back Bar until the show starts; it's comfy and I'll bet you end up talking to someone.  If you see a brunette, with some highlights, in a Fleshtones t-shirt, say hi.  It'll be me!

Bags

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2003, 11:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by tooms:
  Bags, you started this thread, but didn't tell anything about yourself ;-)
Well yes, you're right.  I do have many things to do in the evenings, though, and was out to dinner with some lovely ladies I used to work with who had good advice for informational interviews for a friend of mine!

My biggest giveaway was the Fleshtones t-shirt, which I wear to about half the shows I go to.  See, I think most folks on here know my basics -- mid-30s living in Woodley Park and so happy to have friends again who love music, and seeing music, as much as I.  Okay, one of 'em's a bit of a crab, but we have a blast more than most people!

I love the boards because I find out about the shows that are coming up, and I've learned about a bunch of new bands -- like Idlewild!  And Pernice Bros.!  I just bought Pretty Girls Make Graves and Postal Service today, not sure about either yet, but we'll see.

it occured to me when ggw answered something somewhere that I dont' know a thing about him or her....

First and foremost, bags and/or Bagster is a CHICK!

Markie, I thought you were my age 'cuz Mankie is, and you 'sound' older.  It's a compliment, yet you get to BE young.  Ah youth.  The only advantage to age is more money to spend on shows.

;)

Any questions?

Samantha

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2003, 11:18:00 pm »
my big secret is that my boobs aren't really that big, I stuff!  but shhhh don't tell anyone

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2003, 10:24:00 am »
no questions just another fyi

10.24 - The Mojo in Baltimore
 The Fleshtones
 The Things (Local band)
T.Rex

Bags

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2003, 10:26:00 am »
YEAH -- wonder if this means they'll hit DC as well?  

I'll never get anyone to go to Baltimore with me.

Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  no questions just another fyi

10.24 - The Mojo in Baltimore
 The Fleshtones
 The Things (Local band)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2003, 10:43:00 am »
what to know about moi

i'm 41 and in the process of going several mid-life crises
 the evidence:

Platinum Beached Hair
 A British Racing Green Mini Cooper
 Engaged to a younger woman
 Planning on wearing a kilt when getting married in Edinburgh
 Hoping to do more djing
 Several new guilty pleasures have developed (Spice Girls, Robbie Williams, Hair Metal singles)

I appreciate a good remix
 Current listening habits Fav  Power Pop, 60's Soul,  Good Garage Rock
 Other favs Old school punk, Detroit Techno, and Big Beat.

i escaped from detroit in 1996

i "work" from home.  (read listen to music all day and surf the internet)

lastly, i feel as though someone is gently sitting on my brain all day..
T.Rex

Fico

« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2003, 01:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bagster:
  Well there, you see!  I did, I thought I read somewhere that Samantha was between 18 and 21.

Oy.  

Forever I thought jadetree was a chick.

But that's kind of me; I spill the beans on personal facts pretty quick.  Do the same around my office.  I'm not all that secretive!
Jadetree IS a chick, her name is Ginger.. we went out a couple of times but it didn't work out... she was indie, I was mainstream... she liked walks on U Street, I liked walks on the beach... it just wasn't meant to be... but we are still friends, we shake hands at shows as long as Markie and Lulu are around...

mankie

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2003, 01:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  what to know about moi

i'm 41 and in the process of going several mid-life crises
 the evidence:

Platinum Beached Hair
 A British Racing Green Mini Cooper
 Engaged to a younger woman
 Planning on wearing a kilt when getting married in Edinburgh
 Hoping to do more djing
 Several new guilty pleasures have developed (Spice Girls, Robbie Williams, Hair Metal singles)

I appreciate a good remix
 Current listening habits Fav  Power Pop, 60's Soul,  Good Garage Rock
 Other favs Old school punk, Detroit Techno, and Big Beat.

i escaped from detroit in 1996

i "work" from home.  (read listen to music all day and surf the internet)

lastly, i feel as though someone is gently sitting on my brain all day..
I'm 43 and realized I'm not getting any younger so recently started to exercise A LOT~ My goal is to cycle the Aids ride in 2004.
 Natural brown hair with distinguished gray bits!
 Just sold my racing green MINI for a Toyota Matrix XRS, needed 4 doors for the baby. Still have my classic mini though.
 Married to a much younger woman.
 Wouldn't be seen dead in a kilt, they're for poofs and Scots...well, lets just say for poofs.
 Hoping to do much more fucking~!
 Guilty pleasures...Tom Jones, Dido.

I appreciate a good pint.
 Current listening habits...new Bowie, B&S (getting into both modes for upcoming shows) Stranglers, Classical on the way home from work.
 Other favs....Beautiful South, Waterboys, Smiths, Pogues, Clash and Punjabi lounge cd.

I moved from Manchester in 1985, although lived in Plymouth for 10 years while in the Royal Navy.

I work in the car business so NEVER home!

...lastly, I feel this job is slowly draining all the creative talents I ever had, which I really do have believe it or not.

sonickteam2

« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2003, 01:35:00 pm »
Man, I feel YOUNG!!

I just turned 26, and I am a Canadian/Boston transplant to Baltimore. Born in Mississauga moved to Boston at 14 and came here to promote raver parties/clubs in 1997 and have since departed that scene, and got on the board to meet some music lovers of the non-electronic variety.
   I dont get to DC all that much. Sometimes cause of lack of accompaniment, but i tend to be at Fletchers and Ottobar a lot.

Beer, Hockey and Radiohead are my game.  :)

sonickteam2

« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2003, 01:36:00 pm »
oh, and i am a "smug record store clerk"

lily1

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2003, 01:42:00 pm »
i'm 28, live in sw dc. bunnyman and i went to college together at gwu, that's how we know each other. i'm originally from boston and my username is part of my last name in english translation from an italian dialect.  :)  

and right now i'm supposed to be finish a project that is due in 20 minutes and i'm posting on here.

Samantha

« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2003, 01:43:00 pm »
ok I'll go  :D

I'm Samantha Rae or Sami or Sam.  I'm 17, short & chunky with freshly dyed (yesterday!) black hair which I am just getting used to.  I've been red for the past few years...
 if you couldn't tell already I have the mind and libido of a frat boy.  yes, all I think about is sex and tits.  and yes I am bisexual.  I also smoke.  and shit on anyone who wants to bitch to me about it.
 I live in NorVA with my family, and I go to a private/homeschool.  in other words I am socially inept, and spend my day HERE.  as well as emotional & physical scars from dating a jerk twice my age for a year, throwing me into deep depression.  BUT THAT'S FOR THERAPY LATER THIS WEEK...
 did I say enough already?  hehehe ok I'll shut up

anybody notice I've been here for a year and only have 500something posts?  I'm trying to talk a lot to push the number up a bit.  hahahaha sucks for you  :p

redsock

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2003, 01:49:00 pm »
I'm 27, in DC via RI, but I've been here a while thanks to college at GW. Though I do not know any of the other gdubbers on the board. I work a shitty non-descript job, forever longing to break free with my artistic powers. And yes, I am currently in love with a hottie from everyone's new favorite local band (even if you don't know it yet) Exit Clov. Who, btw, grew up right down the way from one of my older guilty pleasures, Richard Marx.

I love music, and one of my pet peeves is bands that start with "The", at least the ones that all sound alike.

ggw

« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2003, 01:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:
 Richard Marx.
Wow.

You just lost any cred you have ever had or ever might have had in the future.