Author Topic: Some background?  (Read 17112 times)

markie

Re: Some background?
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2003, 01:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Originally posted by redsock:
 Richard Marx.
Wow.

You just lost any cred you have ever had or ever might have had in the future. [/b]
Aye, but wherever you go or whatever you do, you know he will be right here waiting for you.

lily1

« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2003, 02:00:00 pm »
red sock, which program were you in at gw? we may perhaps know each other? i was elliott school, international affairs, but also did political science.

redsock

« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2003, 02:03:00 pm »

Richard Marx.
Wow.

You just lost any cred you have ever had or ever might have had in the future. [/b]
I said "older" guilty pleasures. I don't listen to him anymore...it's been years since Repeat Offender has been in my cd player.

markie

« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2003, 02:05:00 pm »

redsock

« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2003, 02:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by lily1:
  red sock, which program were you in at gw? we may perhaps know each other? i was elliott school, international affairs, but also did political science.
I was an English Major, hence the shitty non-descript job. But I knew tons of Elliot school folk. One of my long-time roomies you may know, Mike Zolandz? He and I don't talk anymore, which you might understand if you knew him.

ggw

« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2003, 02:11:00 pm »
  One of my long-time roomies you may know, Mike Zolandz? He and I don't talk anymore
If my roommate played Richard Marx I wouldn't talk to him anymore either.

redsock

« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2003, 02:12:00 pm »

One of my long-time roomies you may know, Mike Zolandz? He and I don't talk anymore
If my roommate played Richard Marx I wouldn't talk to him anymore either. [/b]
He loved AbbA, so am i vindicated?

Sir HC

« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2003, 02:13:00 pm »
33 live in columbia so that I can hit both b-more and DC (well and I work 10 minutes from home).  electonics geek.  Also best mountainbiking in the area is right here, if anyone is up for a ride on good singletrack.  

Sordid detail, I have told bands I liked their music and was lying...

oh and I got to meet Tortelvis out of costume.

ggw

« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2003, 02:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  Also best mountainbiking in the area is right here, if anyone is up for a ride on good singletrack.  

Are you speaking of Patapsco?

Bags

« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2003, 02:19:00 pm »
English majors rule.  Give it time, you'll start changing the world (or at least doing something you like) any day now.  You laid the foundation for....anything.

I, myself, 'change the world' through energy policy work, which sounds dry but I think kicks ass.  Not as cool as being a novelist or a journalist, but I write a lot and like the community I work within.

I was born in Jersey, but really grew up in Florida (my formative years in Clearwater, alas).  I'm fine with FL, but have always been northeast-inclined.  I left for college up north and never looked back.  Turns out, though, that I'm really a D.C. girl!  I've been here almost 14 years, *after* college (I'm 36 now -- but I prefer to say "mid-30s").  So, I started my 9:30 Club routine in 1990, at the old smelly Club!

I was a radio dj four years in school, but of course that's not a hard gig to get, but it got me used to listening and sampling lots of music. I've always been a power pop/guitar indie rock kinda girl, with early leanings into brit alternative classics.

I love DC, especially the music scene as nearly *everybody* comes through.  Yeah, the indie audiences could lighten up a bit and show some more enthusiasm, but I don't let it get me down.

Single and should be looking, plan to always live in the city, drive around in a RED car, and am pretty damn loud and raucus in 'live' settings.  

You're next.

Sir HC

« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2003, 02:20:00 pm »

Also best mountainbiking in the area is right here, if anyone is up for a ride on good singletrack.  

Are you speaking of Patapsco? [/b]
F yeah!  Practically in my back yard.  Have several different areas around Orange Grove/Avalon, McKeldin, and the super secret Mulch Factory trail.

Fico

« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2003, 02:20:00 pm »
I'm Fico, thats my name and it's short for Francisco. I am a real version of "Fez" from that 70s show. I came to DC via Santo Domingo, I'm half Dominican/half PuertoRican...came to Georgetown grad school and stayed working, looking for a change now. I am in the best rock band in DC although we're yet to find a singer... I've met many of the regulars and they're alright.. as of now I'm just horney and getting ready to conquer the world, how, I don't know...

ps: jadetree dumped me for a GBV voices cd and a trucker hat... she's a ho'..jejejeje

ggw

« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2003, 02:20:00 pm »
  He loved AbbA, so am i vindicated?
No.  Abba has kitsch-value.

ggw

« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2003, 02:24:00 pm »

Are you speaking of Patapsco? [/b]
F yeah!  Practically in my back yard.  Have several different areas around Orange Grove/Avalon, McKeldin, and the super secret Mulch Factory trail. [/b]
I've been off my steed for a couple months while I train for the MC marathon.  But when that's over in a couple of weeks, I'll have to head your way.  I've only been to Patapsco once and that was a few years ago.

mankie

« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2003, 02:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by Fico:
   I am in the best rock band in DC although we're yet to find a singer...
Redsocks says that's Exit Clov...what do you say Fico, he also called you a homo.....FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT~!