Author Topic: The we should really have a YouTube thread thread  (Read 412537 times)

Re: The we should really have a YouTube thread thread
« Reply #930 on: September 02, 2021, 02:31:51 pm »
I'm sorry this is weak...it's not the 70s so this just sounds dated. 
meh

also, who here is going to collect all the cassette variations - 6 versions @$20 each and only the cover art changes
https://shopmusicus.abbavoyage.com/

Ok this one picture disc is cool (but already sold out)...but jez, talk about milking your fans
https://shopmusicus.abbavoyage.com/products/voyage-picture-disc-1

They are building an area for this 1 concert!
https://abbavoyage.com/thearena

The venue is built around ABBA’s timeless music and never-before-seen concert, so you can have the time of your life in General Admission or have the option of a seat in the auditorium if you prefer.
You can even party in style in your own Dance Booth.

You’ll also find a wide range of food and beverages to enjoy throughout the concert.

When I go to Abba, I expect good food...they should probably play the birchmere
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 02:41:09 pm by RightInFrontofYouhatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #931 on: September 02, 2021, 02:57:54 pm »
I'm sorry this is weak...it's not the 70s so this just sounds dated. 
meh

so what exactly is a new ABBA song supposed to sound like... K-POP? 

ok on the third listen i'm actually hearing hints of Pet Shop Boys\Erasure\OMD especially in the verses, but the chorus is pure 70s ABBA
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 03:06:48 pm by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #932 on: September 02, 2021, 03:23:26 pm »
This new one by ABBA is AMAZING... 70s AM Gold

ABBA - Don't Shut Me Down (Lyric Video)

https://youtu.be/hWGWFa3jznI

other new song:

ABBA - I Still Have Faith In You
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAzEY1MfXrQ

has a very "thank you for the music" vibe
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #933 on: September 02, 2021, 03:30:05 pm »
They are building an area for this 1 concert!
https://abbavoyage.com/thearena

The venue is built around ABBA’s timeless music and never-before-seen concert, so you can have the time of your life in General Admission or have the option of a seat in the auditorium if you prefer.
You can even party in style in your own Dance Booth.

based on this BBC article, it's not a one-off show but rather a recurring "virtual concert" holograph show: Abba delight fans with new 10-song album and virtual concert

"The band's new songs will also be played during the band's virtual concert, also titled Abba Voyage, which will open next year in a specially-built arena in east London.

Playing six nights a week, it will feature digital versions of Abba's band members, accompanied by a 10-piece live band performing 22 of their greatest hits. Tickets go on sale on 7 September, starting at £21, with the opening night on 27 May.

The digital Abba show will initially be staged in London, but could tour the world.

The so-called "Abba-tars" were designed by Industrial Light and Magic - the visual effects company founded by Star Wars creator George Lucas."

Abba-tars... yikes.
<sig>

« Reply #934 on: September 02, 2021, 04:05:24 pm »
I'm sorry, I just can't do new abba...if they had done this 20 years ago, maybe
but I'm out, zero appeal for NEW abba....the old stuff all day long
slack

Starsky

« Reply #935 on: September 02, 2021, 11:03:06 pm »
I think it sounds - both songs- like prime late 70s early 80s ABBA…one is more the typical ballad..the other dancier

I think it’s remarkable and maybe the greatest comeback or let’s say return ever..I mean it has been almost 40 years and I believe the members are all nearing 80!! And in those forty years I don’t know that the four of them got together much at all. ABBA was done.

And it definitely sounds very much of a piece with their last two albums. If you are one of the many very casual US fans that knows them mainly for Dancing Queen or even Gold you aren’t going to be moved by this

But I think real ABBA fans … people for example that heard and loved their more mature albums for decades… people who liked the deep cuts too …will see this new music as an incredible gift (completely unexpected) and they will get goosebumps

Remember ABBA broke up in essence because it was composed of two marriages that went south. The band members are all zillionaires. It’s hard not to see this as a huge thank you to the fans. They don’t need ABBA as much as the world needs ABBA.

Remarkable.

I would be so into the hologram or what have you tour.

shemptiness

« Reply #936 on: September 02, 2021, 11:17:05 pm »
The we should really have an ABBA thread thread

« Reply #937 on: September 03, 2021, 07:25:06 am »
you know hutch really wanted some Abba, as he was willing to break his 'I don't stream'-streak
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #938 on: September 03, 2021, 07:48:48 am »
Super Furry Animals - SFA TV - 'Rings Around The World' 20th Anniversary

https://youtu.be/mPgxixw28OA

posted last night and the first 20 minutes is a ty mini doc with the band and the producers talking about the recording of the album.. it was interesting to note that at the time of RATW, SFA was bucking the trend of stripped down bands like the the White Stripes

the mileage may vary on the the remaining part of this stream.. it's three guys from the Welsh Music Popcast carrying on about the album, which is was just ok.. and probably why i don't listen to music podcasts...

and the obligatory ABBA comment, as someone smarted then I pointed out this album was done on their terms.. i.e. no in demand producers on board, no co-writers and no guest appearances... also seeing many comments from producers types talking about the impact of their 70s records on future albums.
T.Rex

Starsky

« Reply #939 on: September 03, 2021, 08:39:32 am »
you know hutch really wanted some Abba, as he was willing to break his 'I don't stream'-streak

I watched a lyric video on YouTube and a video in an article so not sure I broke my streak…

« Reply #940 on: September 03, 2021, 09:06:42 am »

I watched a lyric video on YouTube and a video in an article so not sure I broke my streak…
I mean you are the one who has to look himself in the mirror, but I get it, it's hard to stick to your principals ;)
slack

Starsky

« Reply #941 on: September 03, 2021, 09:36:17 am »
To be honest I was up all night tossing and turning….

« Reply #942 on: September 03, 2021, 10:39:10 am »
sing the petition to bring Abba to RiotFest
https://riotfest.org/2021/09/abba-for-riot-fest
slack

vansmack

« Reply #943 on: September 03, 2021, 02:08:34 pm »
The we should really have an ABBA thread thread

Thanks to "This is Pop" The Brand has been on a massive ABBA kick.  Just as it was winding down, this announcement came out...it will be sometime before it passes now. 

EDIT:  Almost 6 million views in the first 24 hours of that second video!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 02:11:23 pm by vansmack »
27>34

« Reply #944 on: September 03, 2021, 02:19:54 pm »
One comment I meant to add on this was, I'm seriously impressed these ladies still have the same voice in their 70s they had in their 30s
you almost can't tell it's a new recording
slack