Author Topic: The perfect metaphor for 95% of the 9:30 club message bo  (Read 7450 times)

Relaxer

Re: The perfect metaphor for 95% of the 9:30 club message bo
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2008, 07:42:00 am »
Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:
  I love the guy

makes me feel good about not trying to please the perennially unhappy
Says the guy who perenially whines about the people on this board. Nice irony there pops.
oword

sonickteam2

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2008, 08:08:00 am »
Originally posted by Jaguar:
  Leave it to me to follow the beat of a different drummer but I really like Brian.  
i think the problem some of us have is that hes just trying to be contradictive and agrumentative, not that he has some new outlook on things.

anyone who claims to love My Chamical Romance but yet thinks Skid Row and Queen were never any good , surely is just pullin' our legs!

I'm all for someone with a different outlook, but when it seems as though ppl are using the internet to make up fake personas just cause they like to get ppl worked up...seems wasteful of everyones time.

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2008, 08:22:00 am »
Are you referring to Vansmack pretending he's some kind of ladies man?

Originally posted by Erinaceous Sonickus:

Leave it to me to follow the beat of a different drummer but I really like Brian.  
I'm all for someone with a different outlook, but when it seems as though ppl are using the internet to make up fake personas just cause they like to get ppl worked up...seems wasteful of everyones time. [/b]

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2008, 08:30:00 am »
Oh, man. This looks like it's going to be an entertaining thread today and I have to leave for work now.

Rhett, you just made me laugh. (Sorry, Smackie.    ;)   )

Sonick, you made some valid points though I guess we just view the situation a bit differently. Personally, I think the guy's taste in music sucks but he too thinks mine sucks, so we're even. Fine with me since I respect one's right to like whatever the Hell they want to like. I don't think Brian is a fake persona but maybe I'm just gulible. Will get back with you later.

Have fun ya'll and try not to lose your cool.    :cool:

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2008, 08:31:00 am »
  but when it seems as though ppl are using the internet to make up fake personas just cause they like to get ppl worked up...seems wasteful of everyones time.
Yes...."fake personas"..."Erinaceous Sonickus" or "Vansmack" or "Sweet Cell"...  I think Seth and I are the only two people on this message board who use their real names.  You may think I'm a clueless idiot but I don't say these things to get a rise out of people.  I'm not a provocateur.  I believe what I say.

Anyhow...DAMMIT!  They found the pig!

I was hoping Roger Waters would make some pathetic video on YouTube impassionedly pleading with his still-living-in-their-parents-basement-while-writing-"new"-"funny"-Monty-Python-skits fans to:

"Please return my pig.  It's not paid off yet, and that bastard David Gilmour has been on my case about late payments.  But vote Obama...Drop the Debt and return my pig!"

Or maybe someone could have taken it around the world (like they do with garden gnomes) and took pictures of it standing next to famous "rock" landmarks.  Like the toilets at CBGB's or Winona Ryder's vagina.

Brian

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2008, 09:52:00 am »
oh where oh where is the hot young talent we are reportedly missing out on, or is it just another case of something filled with hot air?
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2008, 09:57:00 am »
   I don't think Brian is a fake persona but maybe I'm just gulible. Will get back with you later.
yeah, i could be wrong, its happened before.

sonickteam2

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2008, 10:05:00 am »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:

that pig is really upsetting you isnt it? let it go man.  its just swine.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2008, 10:07:00 am »

that pig is really upsetting you isnt it? let it go man.  its just swine. [/b]
You don't know how much I hate Pink Floyd.  I'm just jealous.  Stealing that pig for me would be like killing Hitler.

Brian

sonickteam2

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2008, 10:08:00 am »

that pig is really upsetting you isnt it? let it go man.  its just swine. [/b]
You don't know how much I hate Pink Floyd.  I'm just jealous.  Stealing that pig for me would be like killing Hitler.

Brian [/b]
welcome to the club of the perenially unhappy!  :)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2008, 08:55:00 am »
Day Three and still no recommendations of Fresh Young Talent in which to satisfy our ears with.  Let fellawaiting continue...
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2008, 09:20:00 am »
Yeah, I agree with Kosmo, lets have Brian recommend US some good music to rock to!!!  

Cause saying Fall Out Boy and MCR , thats like us championing Radiohead and Wilco, its nothing new.

surely theres some other cool new bands. I'd like to hear em too, after just turning 30 anything to keep myself feeling connected with Generation...whatever they call themselves.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2008, 10:46:00 am »
you guys are mistaking brian for an actual music fan.  how generous of you.
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2008, 10:51:00 am »
hey i'm just try to give Mr W. the chance to prove there's some action behind those words...
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2008, 10:56:00 am »
speaking of fresh young talent, i saw the "Bamboozle Road Show" last night and there were 5 bands of fresh young talent,

Lydia, Metro Station, Armor For Sleep, Set Your Goals and Saves the Day and let me tell you

if thats fresh young talent, you can have it cause it sucks big fat hairy rotten eggs!

(actually Lydia was ok, decent instrumentation with a hint of SDRE thrown in)