Author Topic: Anyone Else Addicted To....  (Read 10283 times)

thirsty moore

Re: Anyone Else Addicted To....
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 12:13:00 pm »
I'm slowing down significantly but what I've seen has been excellent.  Since there aren't many they all stand out!

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 12:15:00 pm »
I'm on track for about 55-60 shows this year.  That falls somewhere in the middle for the last 5 years.

saintangelsin

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 12:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  If 22 shows in one year makes you an addict, I'd hate to know what I qualify as (I do that over a span of two months).

Someone who needs more of a life, perhaps?
Nah. To me going to see live music is having a life. But then again, I'm a music geek.

As for me thinking that seeing anything well above 20 concerts makes you an addict...Well I'm a college student (University of Maryland) from a small town (Frostburg). When I was younger, I used to only get to attend like maybe five concerts a year. Granted this doesn't include all the numerous local shows back in Cumberland and Frostburg.

My parents and some friends have teased me that I go to way too many concerts. I'll admit that I never thought I'd go see 23 concerts (that doesn't even total the number of bands I saw or the number of local shows I attended) in one year.

I know I can easily attend a shit ton of concerts and shows, but I don't have as much money to do that. So perhaps, I'm more of a mild junkie than others.

I know one thing is that I have dedication. You know you really love live music and particular bands when you're willing to travel distances. A friend of mine couldn't believe that my family and I would travel 2 1/2 to 3 hours each way to go see something at the club...Frostburg,MD for those who are wondering is about 142 miles west of the club.

As for seeing concerts with my family, we don't go on vacations, we go to concerts. That's been the running joke with my mom, dad and sister since I was in high school. Yes even at the age of 23, I still go see things with my folks. I plan on taking my dad to see Oasis and Ryan Adams. It's an early Christmas and Birthday (his b-day is new year's eve) gift for him. Cute, right?

Guiny

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 02:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by saintangelsin:
  I'll admit it, I am a serious concert junkie. Last year I went to 23 concerts and the year before it was 22. This year my concert total as of right now is 10 I do believe.
Rookie!!!!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2008, 02:42:00 pm »
About 2 summers ago I went to like 20 some shows in the span of 2 or 3 months. It was an awesome summer binge. Now i go to shows I really wanna go instead of a bunch of new bands I dig or random stuff ive read about here and there.

I keep a healthy dose of concerts in my system. Im going to the club tonight! whoop! Eagles of Death Metal!!!
‼‼?‼‼

sonickteam2

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2008, 02:45:00 pm »
i think i've only been to 8 if you dont count working at them.  

and i thnk as long as the amount of times you get laid per year is equal to or more than the amount of shows you go to, its ok.

azaghal1981

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 02:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by very sonick:
  and i thnk as long as the amount of times you get laid per year is equal to or more than the amount of shows you go to, its ok.
Ouch.
احمد

saintangelsin

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 04:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by Buck Satan:
  Rookie!!!!
I guess. I mean I've been going to concerts since I was 8 years old. I'm 23 now. I don't think I'm a rookie.

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove1979:
  About 2 summers ago I went to like 20 some shows in the span of 2 or 3 months. It was an awesome summer binge. Now i go to shows I really wanna go instead of a bunch of new bands I dig or random stuff ive read about here and there.

I keep a healthy dose of concerts in my system. Im going to the club tonight! whoop! Eagles of Death Metal!!!
I like your philosophy. Seriously, I only go to shows that I really to attend. I've always been like that. Why spend money on something that might be crap or that you're not a huge fan of?

and i think as long as the amount of times you get laid per year is equal to or more than the amount of shows you go to, its ok.
Yikes...I'll say this much, last year was pretty bad then. This year, however, has been a good year.

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 04:20:00 pm »
So as a married man over the age of 30, would you say your 2008 totals are about equal?

sonickteam2

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 04:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  So as a married man over the age of 30, would you say your 2008 totals are about equal?

[/b]
i've only been married for a year and a half!!!!

Cali

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 04:53:00 pm »
i am but only to the bands i like

azaghal1981

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2008, 05:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by Cali:
  i am but only to the bands i like
See, I can say that about myself too.

Guess I've spread myself way too thin music appreciation-wise.
احمد

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2008, 05:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  If 22 shows in one year makes you an addict, I'd hate to know what I qualify as (I do that over a span of two months).

Someone who needs more of a life, perhaps?
so out of curiosity - i wondered how much of my life was wasted on concerts this year. and i use the term wasted loosely, as i dont see any show being a waste of time (ok the teenagers twice, well once was ok, the second time im sure was a waste). and im sad to say ill only see about 115 shows this year.

my goal for next year is to help oxfam out at more shows, thusly seeing more free shows and working at more festivals (even tho most are free anyway - i feel good about it in the end).
HeyLa

Cali

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2008, 05:21:00 pm »
i have no idea how many shows i've seen this year but most of them have been brmc and sadly i've only made it to two festivals this year

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2008, 06:26:00 am »
Concert addiction? Never heard of such a thing.
Woof.