Author Topic: Anyone Else Addicted To....  (Read 10285 times)

yourradimradletshug

Anyone Else Addicted To....
« on: November 16, 2008, 10:59:00 pm »
Anyone totally addicted to concerts. Like seriously I think I am. I mean it's a better addiction than others. Well I am always on the search for awesome shows in the DC and Baltimore area and hope to meet some cool people seeing as I am trying to find a band to sing for. Anywho if anyone has other places to find some awesome shows please hit me up and let me know. Thanks  :)

Cock Van Der Palm

Re: Anyone Else Addicted To....
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 11:08:00 pm »
sorry man, can't think of any sites...sorry.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 11:30:00 pm »
InDCent Refugees isn't as busy as this site but has peeps in bands:

http://inDCentrefugees.dreamhosters.com
_\|/_

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 08:13:00 am »
No, I can't say that I'm totally addicted to concerts. Though I'm pretty hooked on Edy's Double Churned 1/2 Fat Ice Cream.

sonickteam2

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 09:16:00 am »
you're

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 09:28:00 am »
I know Pheer.Com posts a lot of shows, but not sure if it's what you're looking for...

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

wml7

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 10:56:00 am »
I love concerts!!!!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 12:07:00 pm »
people on this board are generally only so-so about concerts and live music.  sometimes they think and talk about music.  other times, they sleep.
<sig>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 04:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  people on this board are generally only so-so about concerts and live music.  sometimes they think and talk about music.  other times, they sleep.
So, in other words, you are saying that we should rename this board Nightmare On V St..

Watch out for the club zombies!!!   :eek:

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 06:07:00 pm »
For me it's mostly smack and crack.

saintangelsin

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 12:05:00 am »
I'll admit it, I am a serious concert junkie. Last year I went to 23 concerts and the year before it was 22. This year my concert total as of right now is 10 I do believe. (The economy is being difficult so that's probably why I haven't been to many shows this year...)

You know your concert addiction is really bad when people at both the 9:30 Club and the Black Cat start to recognize you and might even know your first name. (But you gotta admit that's pretty awesome) I don't know if anyone here remembers Andi (she worked at the club for a long time), but I got to interview her for my communications class project a few years ago. I ran into her last year at Virgin Festival and she suggested to me that I should try out for an internship at the club. I still don't know if I'll do ever do it or not. But it's seriously tempting.

I think for me, I'm not just a concert addict. I'm well addicted to the 9:30 Club and the Black Cat! :D

azaghal1981

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 01:17:00 am »
If 22 shows in one year makes you an addict, I'd hate to know what I qualify as (I do that over a span of two months).

Someone who needs more of a life, perhaps?
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 09:01:00 am »
let's have Charlie come up with it...

Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  If 22 shows in one year makes you an addict, I'd hate to know what I qualify as (I do that over a span of two months).

(_|_)

Bags

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 11:50:00 am »
yeah, for the past 6 or 7 years I've averaged 50 - 60 shows a year.  This year is WAY down for some reason.  Not the economy, I was going at a slower pace even early in the year.  I think of few of my concert buddies have moved away, and I haven't been listening to new music.  Still, my off year this year will probably be about 25 shows.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 12:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:

my thoughts exactly. 22 shows is more like a good month or easily 2 months. i saw about 200+ shows last year. i stopped counting as i realized that was way too many.

in thinking id slow down - i noticed james walsh (starsailor) was playing a solo show. woohoo! no time to slow down.
HeyLa