Author Topic: Moz 182  (Read 3774 times)

ratioci nation

Moz 182
« on: December 11, 2003, 08:44:00 am »
Morrissey Signs To Sanctuary; Blink-182 Producer Recording Next Album

Cory D. Byrom reports:
 Morrissey is currently working with producer Jerry Finn on his follow-up to 1997's Maladjusted. After keeping a relatively low profile for the last five years or so, the choice of producer is somewhat surprising. Jerry Finn is more known for producing '90s radio-punk acts like Green Day, MxPx, Blink-182 and Pennywise, but was also an assistant engineer for Alvin and the Chipmunks' landmark 1995 record A Very Merry Chipmunk, which many consider to be one of the most important testaments to the on-going struggle of Chipmunk-Americans in modern society.

An official release date has not been set, but Morrissey is keeping May 2004 open just in case. No tracklist has been leaked either, but the rumor is that the first single will be the optimistic "First Of The Gang To Die," which sounds just perfect for spring.

The record will be released on Sanctuary, which will make it Morrissey's first technically indie-label album, and find Mr. Ordinary Drug in the company of the RZA and Ween, among others. It's worth pointing out, however, that Sanctuary is a subsidiary of BMG, so it's not like it's coming out on Drag City or Thrill Jockey or something. I mean, Sanctuary is also home to Lynyrd Skynyrd. That's all I'm sayin'.

markie

Re: Moz 182
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 11:18:00 am »
Why dont heroes have the good decency to die anymore?

mankie

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 11:29:00 am »
I think Moz has some good songs left in him....I know you disagree but I like his solo stuff, sure some albums are better than others (tempted to make a "some girls" reference here) but I don't think he's come out with pure shite at any time.

markie

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2003, 11:33:00 am »
These types of conversation always make me think of this:

EXT. PARK. DAY

Seen through the telescopic sight of an air rifle that wanders over various potential targets (children, pensioners, couples, gardeners, etc.).

SICK BOY

It's certainly a phenomenon in all walks of life.

RENTON

What do you mean?

SICK BOY

Well, at one time, you've got it, and then you lose it, and it's gone for ever. All walks of life: George Best, for example, had it and lost it, or David Bowie, or Lou Reed -

RENTON

Some of his solo stuff's not bad.

SICK BOY

No, it's not bad, but it's not great either, is it? And in your heart you kind of know that although it sounds all right, it's actually just shite.

RENTON

So who else?

SICK BOY

Charlie Nicholas, David Niven, Malcolm McLaren, Elvis Presley. -

RENTON

OK, OK, so what's the point you're trying to make?

ratioci nation

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2003, 11:40:00 am »
Originally posted by mark e smith:
Joe Strummer did

Bags

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2003, 11:42:00 am »
This fits in so nicely here.....

MTV asked Outkast's Dre and Big Boi what songs they'd put on their mixtape.(http://www.mtv.com/bands/o/outkast/news_feature_031031/ ).  Plenty of good choices, but one stands out:

Andre 3000: I personally wish I would have written that Smiths' song "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me." Genius song. This girl named Hannah in Atlanta turned me on to hem. 'Cause I was telling her that I loved the Hives and the Buzzcocks and she said, "Hey, you  eed to check these guys out." [On the song] it's  his dude and he says, "Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me/ No hope, no harm, just another false alarm." So it's like he had a relationship and then he woke up and he was like, "Damn, it was just a dream."

Dandy01

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2003, 12:15:00 pm »
I quite liked "First of the Gang to Die" when it was featured on the Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn months ago.

mankie

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2003, 12:22:00 pm »
So when you've finished whatever bio project you're currently working, pulling wings off fruit flies or whatver it is...we can kill you?

markie

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2003, 02:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
   pulling wings off fruit flies or whatver it is...we can kill you?
Is tha a confession that I am your hero? I am touched.

What happened to the prices of those cars?

markie

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2003, 02:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:

Joe Strummer did [/b]
That is the pisser, I really liked Rock art and global a go go.

ratioci nation

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2003, 02:29:00 pm »
  That is the pisser, I really liked Rock art and global a go go.
No, it's not bad, but it's not great either, is it? And in your heart you kind of know that although it sounds all right, it's actually just shite.

:D

markie

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2003, 02:33:00 pm »

:D  
I really like rock art and the x-ray style. It would make my top 50 of all time.

ratioci nation

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2003, 02:35:00 pm »
  I really like rock art and the x-ray style. It would make my top 50 of all time.
I prefer streetcore to rock art

markie

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2003, 02:39:00 pm »
I really dont understand why.

ggw

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2003, 02:43:00 pm »