Author Topic: Moz gets his markie cred back!!!!!  (Read 13860 times)

Frank Gallagher

  • Member
  • Posts: 4792
Moz gets his markie cred back!!!!!
« on: April 01, 2006, 03:29:00 am »
He now lives in Rome!!!!
 
 In an interview with the Sun newspaper he said, "Mank moved out of the US so what was the point in staying?"
 
 BTW, His new album is probably his best work yet.

markie

  • Member
  • Posts: 13178
Re: Moz gets his markie cred back!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 01:12:00 pm »
The Douglas Copland interview with him in the Gaurdian a week a two back gave the impression that Rome is where Mozzers boyfriend lived.
 
 In the days when you were hopelessly poor I just liked you more.
 
 
 Oh and you probably missed a thread for you a week or so ago with the best of Elliot in the morning where you were on talking about foreskins.

hostiledm

  • Member
  • Posts: 197
Re: Moz gets his markie cred back!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 01:35:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
 
 
 BTW, His new album is probably his best work yet.
Yeah, just heard it, would have to strongly agree.

thingsfallapart

  • Member
  • Posts: 340
Re: Moz gets his markie cred back!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 06:09:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by hostiledm:
   
Quote
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
 
 
 BTW, His new album is probably his best work yet.
Yeah, just heard it, would have to strongly agree. [/b]
Better than his last one?

hostiledm

  • Member
  • Posts: 197
Re: Moz gets his markie cred back!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 08:44:00 pm »
Yes, I think so. Im suprised, because I did like the last one.

HoyaSaxa03

  • Member
  • Posts: 7053
Re: Moz gets his markie cred back!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 09:24:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
 BTW, His new album is probably his best work yet.
???
 
   <img src="http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002L9J.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg" alt=" - " />
(o|o)

jeffnar

  • Member
  • Posts: 69
Re: Moz gets his markie cred back!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 12:38:00 pm »
i find it almost impossible to believe that whyte/boorer, his guitarists, could produce anything close to their Vauxhall '94 peak, let alone a Viva Hate, mozzer's undisputably great first solo outing. they're just too...erm-, pedestrian/rockabilly for where moz needs to go, and i wish he had replaced them 10 yrs. ago.
 
 however, i was impressed by their work on the live dvd "who put the m in manchaster" recently, so i'm going to give them another chance.
 
 thanks for the recommendation.

thingsfallapart

  • Member
  • Posts: 340
Re: Moz gets his markie cred back!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 10:53:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
   
Quote
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
 BTW, His new album is probably his best work yet.
???
 
    <img src="http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002L9J.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg" alt=" - " /> [/b]
I think (hope) they are referring to his solo work...

J'Mal

  • Guest
Re: Moz gets his markie cred back!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 10:57:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by MTB-Markie:
  The Douglas Copland interview with him in the Gaurdian a week a two back gave the impression that Rome is where Mozzers boyfriend lived.
Morrissey is GAY????????!?!?!!??!?!?!??!
 
 HOLY FUCKING SHIT.  You're kidding,right?

markie

  • Member
  • Posts: 13178
Re: Moz gets his markie cred back!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 10:59:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by J'Mal:
  Morrissey is GAY????????!?!?!!??!?!?!??!
 
 HOLY FUCKING SHIT.  You're kidding,right? Perhaps he could love me.
He used to pretend to be celibate.

ggw

  • Member
  • Posts: 14237
Re: Moz gets his markie cred back!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 12:09:00 pm »
27 March 2006, Statement from Morrissey:
 
 "We will not include any Canadian dates on our world tour to promote our new album. This is in protest against the barbaric slaughter of over 325,000 baby seals which is now underway.
 
 I fully realise that the absence of any Morrissey concerts in Canada is unlikely to bring the Canadian economy to its knees, but it is our small protest against this horrific slaughter - which is the largest slaughter of marine animal species found anywhere on the planet. The Canadian Prime Minister says the so-called "cull" is economically and environmentally justified, but this is untrue. The seal population has looked after itself for thousand of years without human intervention, and, as the world knows, this slaughter is about one thing only: making money. The Canadian government will stream all of the pelts into the fashion industry and this is the reason why the baby seals are killed with spiked clubs that crush their skulls - any damage to their pelts is avoided. The Canadian Prime Minister also states that the slaughter is necessary because it provides jobs for local communities, but this is an ignorant reason for allowing such barbaric and cruel slaughter of beings that are denied life simply because somebody somewhere might want to wear their skin.
 
 Construction of German gas chambers also provided work for someone - this is not a moral or sound reason for allowing suffering. If you can, please boycott Canadian goods. It WILL make a difference. As things stand, Canada has placed itself alongside China as the cruelest and most self-serving nation."

thingsfallapart

  • Member
  • Posts: 340
Re: Moz gets his markie cred back!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 12:09:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by hostiledm:
  Yes, I think so. Im suprised, because I did like the last one.
I just heard the new record and I'm going to have to disagree...I think it's a solid album but it doesn't grab me like You Are the Quarry did.

thingsfallapart

  • Member
  • Posts: 340
Re: Moz gets his markie cred back!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 12:14:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by ggw?:
  27 March 2006, Statement from Morrissey:
 
 "We will not include any Canadian dates on our world tour to promote our new album. This is in protest against the barbaric slaughter of over 325,000 baby seals which is now underway.
 
 I fully realise that the absence of any Morrissey concerts in Canada is unlikely to bring the Canadian economy to its knees, but it is our small protest against this horrific slaughter - which is the largest slaughter of marine animal species found anywhere on the planet. The Canadian Prime Minister says the so-called "cull" is economically and environmentally justified, but this is untrue. The seal population has looked after itself for thousand of years without human intervention, and, as the world knows, this slaughter is about one thing only: making money. The Canadian government will stream all of the pelts into the fashion industry and this is the reason why the baby seals are killed with spiked clubs that crush their skulls - any damage to their pelts is avoided. The Canadian Prime Minister also states that the slaughter is necessary because it provides jobs for local communities, but this is an ignorant reason for allowing such barbaric and cruel slaughter of beings that are denied life simply because somebody somewhere might want to wear their skin.
 
 Construction of German gas chambers also provided work for someone - this is not a moral or sound reason for allowing suffering. If you can, please boycott Canadian goods. It WILL make a difference. As things stand, Canada has placed itself alongside China as the cruelest and most self-serving nation."
Yeah I saw this, pretty whacky but what else would you expect from Moz?

helicon1

  • Member
  • Posts: 469
Re: Moz gets his markie cred back!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 12:20:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by ggw?:
  27 March 2006, Statement from Morrissey:
 
 "We will not include any Canadian dates on our world tour to promote our new album. This is in protest against the barbaric slaughter of over 325,000 baby seals which is now underway.
 
 I fully realise that the absence of any Morrissey concerts in Canada is unlikely to bring the Canadian economy to its knees, but it is our small protest against this horrific slaughter - which is the largest slaughter of marine animal species found anywhere on the planet. The Canadian Prime Minister says the so-called "cull" is economically and environmentally justified, but this is untrue. The seal population has looked after itself for thousand of years without human intervention, and, as the world knows, this slaughter is about one thing only: making money. The Canadian government will stream all of the pelts into the fashion industry and this is the reason why the baby seals are killed with spiked clubs that crush their skulls - any damage to their pelts is avoided. The Canadian Prime Minister also states that the slaughter is necessary because it provides jobs for local communities, but this is an ignorant reason for allowing such barbaric and cruel slaughter of beings that are denied life simply because somebody somewhere might want to wear their skin.
 
 Construction of German gas chambers also provided work for someone - this is not a moral or sound reason for allowing suffering. If you can, please boycott Canadian goods. It WILL make a difference. As things stand, Canada has placed itself alongside China as the cruelest and most self-serving nation."
What is almost hypocritical is that there are probably hundreds of causes/reasons to boycott playing dates in the US, but he NEEDS the states!

Bags

  • Member
  • Posts: 8540
Re: Moz gets his markie cred back!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 12:26:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by ggw?:
 this slaughter is about one thing only: making money. The Canadian government will stream all of the pelts into the fashion industry and this is the reason why the baby seals are killed with spiked clubs that crush their skulls - any damage to their pelts is avoided.
Does anyone really make clothes from seal skin?  I'm not being facetious, I don't know that I've ever seen or heard of a seal skin coat, say.
 
 
Quote
Construction of German gas chambers also provided work for someone - this is not a moral or sound reason for allowing suffering.  
Wow, tough criticism (again, not being facetious or flip).