Author Topic: DC Area Voters  (Read 142445 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: DC Area Voters
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2008, 04:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by callat703:
  But you don't think it is important to note successes outside of the political forum?  Columbia University undergrad and President of the Harvard Law Review?  Work as a community organizer, civil rights attorney, and a professor?
I've got a bachelor's degree, was elected Most Huggable in high school, and have done volunteer work feeding the homeless and helping children with MS. Perhaps I should run for Emperor.

I think in this day and age, we all agree anyone who's going to be President probably graduated from college, and a good one at that. And a vast many politicians were lawyers and did good work in their community. The fact the Obama camp want to hang their hat on this as his grand qualifications to bring about change and lead the free world only highlights how much of a sitting duck he's going to be when the competition isn't "friendly."

« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2008, 04:53:00 pm »
I'm not sure which presidents you are talking about, but is it possible that we live in a more complicated world and operate with a more complicated government system in and of itself than when those guys were president?

Hate to break it to you, but some of our best presidents have had less experience in government than Barack Obama has had.

« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2008, 04:54:00 pm »
When the Skins win the Super Bowl next year under Jimmy Zorn, how are you experience whores going to explain that?

ggw

« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2008, 04:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Conor Oberst (and Jeff Tweedy and Win Butler) supports Obama. This is a boy-man who truly has his his finger on the pulse of what's good for America. How could you not believe what Conor Oberst believes? Case closed.
Don't forget Obama's got the Grateful Dead on his side as well:

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSN0562976220080205

manimtired

« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2008, 04:55:00 pm »
  When the Skins win the Super Bowl next year under Jimmy Zorn, how are you experience whores going to explain that?
ron paul has a better shot of being president that the skins winning the superbowl under a rookie coach...and im a huge skins fan.

« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2008, 04:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:
  Why are we talking about Bill's career, I though we were talking about Hillary and Barack.
The Obama contingency refuse to list his political accomplishments and decided to argue Bill Clinton wasn't experienced. However, as you've noticed, I've schooled them on that point as well, but good work in reminding the viewers how obstructionist they're being and how badly they want to discuss any issue except the ease at which their chosen candidate will get butchered in a general election.

Have we talked yet about how, despite his supposed magnetism and charisma, when put one-on-one in a debate, Barack has faltered terribly? That's a quality I want in a general election candidate.

ggw

« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2008, 04:57:00 pm »
  Why are we talking about Bill's career, I though we were talking about Hillary and Barack.
Because Julian has a total man-crush on Bill.

« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2008, 04:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by manimtired:
 ron paul has a better shot of being president that the skins winning the superbowl under a rookie coach...and im a huge skins fan.
Shit, the Skins got a better chance of winning the Super Bowl under Ron Paul then Jim Zorn.

Smells like 5 and 11.

Sage 703

« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2008, 04:59:00 pm »
  I'm not sure which presidents you are talking about, but is it possible that we live in a more complicated world and operate with a more complicated government system in and of itself than when those guys were president?

Hate to break it to you, but some of our best presidents have had less experience in government than Barack Obama has had.
[/b]
Complicated is relative, wouldn't you say?

One example, top of my head - Dwight Eisenhower.

manimtired

« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2008, 04:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, good manners AFICIONADO:

The Obama contingency refuse to list his political accomplishments and decided to argue Bill Clinton wasn't experienced. However, as you've noticed, I've schooled them on that point as well, but good work in reminding the viewers how obstructionist they're being and how badly they want to discuss any issue except the ease at which their chosen candidate will get butchered in a general election.

Have we talked yet about how, despite his supposed magnetism and charisma, when put one-on-one in a debate, Barack has faltered terribly? That's a quality I want in a general election candidate. [/b]
i hope youre not including me in the barack camp b/c that is FAR from the case..

« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2008, 04:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Because Julian has a total man-crush on Bill.
If you'll look back, it would be more accurate to say, "Because Charlie Nakatestes can't debate Obama on his merits so he tried to change the issue."

Sage 703

« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2008, 05:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, good manners AFICIONADO:

But you don't think it is important to note successes outside of the political forum?  Columbia University undergrad and President of the Harvard Law Review?  Work as a community organizer, civil rights attorney, and a professor?
I've got a bachelor's degree, was elected Most Huggable in high school, and have done volunteer work feeding the homeless and helping children with MS. Perhaps I should run for Emperor.

I think in this day and age, we all agree anyone who's going to be President probably graduated from college, and a good one at that. And a vast many politicians were lawyers and did good work in their community. The fact the Obama camp want to hang their hat on this as his grand qualifications to bring about change and lead the free world only highlights how much of a sitting duck he's going to be when the competition isn't "friendly." [/b]
You keep bringing up the fact that the general is going to be more difficult.  But if Clinton can't sink Obama, what makes you think she can sink McCain?

And you claim that he's faltered terribly in the debates?  What debates are you watching?

« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2008, 05:00:00 pm »
Why is is that the most highly educated Democratic voters are in Obama's camp, and not Hillary's?

« Reply #118 on: February 12, 2008, 05:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by manimtired:
  i hope youre not including me in the barack camp b/c that is FAR from the case..
I was not.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2008, 05:05:00 pm »
lack of a legislative record is exactly what i want from a nominee
o/\o