Author Topic: DC Area Voters  (Read 142443 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: DC Area Voters
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2008, 05:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by callat703:
  No, frankly.  I don't.
Then, sir (or madam, I'm not sure), we have nothing further to discuss. I just warn you as I go, that he who underestimates his opposition, opposes truly himself.

Sage 703

« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2008, 05:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by Chip Chanko:
  This actually surprises me since his campaign seems to be working from notes taken during the past two bush campaigns...repeat a generic message over and over again. To me, an educated person, I want to hear more and really haven't from him. Every time I hear him speak my BS meter goes off the charts.

Now, he's not as annoying as Edwards was with his "Poverty, Millworker, Change" campaign but all this generic "Ch-Ch-Change" rhetoric is like nails across a blackboard.

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Why is is that the most highly educated Democratic voters are in Obama's camp, and not Hillary's?
[/b]
How much have you actually sought out?  The man has written two books, and has the bulk of his platform available electronically.

People bitch and moan about not getting a clear message, but then they also don't put any effort into learning for themselves.

Like it not, modern politics is about the sound byte.  If you want policy, seek it out.  I think both Clinton and Obama have put forth about the same level of substantial policy suggestions - they're not discussing it because they basically think the same thing, minus some small variations.

« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2008, 05:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by manimtired:

Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  your argument sounds like the dems are fucked either way
[/b]
The Republicans are running the one (serious) candidate who can argue he's a change from Bush. I'd put his odds at about 50/50 against Clinton and about 90% against Obama.

Sage 703

« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2008, 05:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, good manners AFICIONADO:

No, frankly.  I don't.
Then, sir (or madam, I'm not sure), we have nothing further to discuss. I just warn you as I go, that he who underestimates his opposition, opposes truly himself. [/b]
I don't underestimate the opposition, but perhaps I understand it a bit better than you do.

Sage 703

« Reply #139 on: February 12, 2008, 05:23:00 pm »

[/b]
The Republicans are running the one (serious) candidate who can argue he's a change from Bush. I'd put his odds at about 50/50 against Clinton and about 90% against Obama. [/b]
Based on WHAT?  All numbers and research I've found contradicts you.

« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2008, 05:26:00 pm »
Based on how I foresee the next 7 months going. If Obama's the nominee, I'll be shocked if a week before the election it isn't a foregone certainty McCain's got it. If it's Clinton, we'll all be up to 1am on election night for the third year in a row.

There's no point in discussing it anymore. I've made my thoughts clear. They're in this thread for posterity's sake come November.

Sage 703

« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2008, 05:32:00 pm »

Based on how I foresee the next 7 months going. If Obama's the nominee, I'll be shocked if a week before the election it isn't a foregone certainty McCain's got it. If it's Clinton, we'll all be up to 1am on election night for the third year in a row.

There's no point in discussing it anymore. I've made my thoughts clear. They're in this thread for posterity's sake come November. [/b]
Ah, right.  Based on your gut.  Just making sure.

ggw

« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2008, 05:33:00 pm »

Chip Chanko

« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2008, 05:34:00 pm »
One thing about Obama...no one I know is going ga-ga over Hillary. People seem to be either die hard Obamaphiles or can't decide (basically want to vote for Hillary but worry about how much hatred people have for her). My parents (who have voted republican in the past), my current bosses, 99% of my friends who are Democrats have Obama fever. So I think he stands a great chance in the general election.

McCain's recent ad is kind of scary...walking with Reagan, American flags, and footage of him as a POW.

Sage 703

« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2008, 05:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  General election matchups poll results:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/national.html
Nice - that's the one I was looking for before.

manimtired

« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2008, 05:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by Chip Chanko:
  One thing about Obama...no one I know is going ga-ga over Hillary. People seem to be either die hard Obamaphiles or can't decide (basically want to vote for Hillary but worry about how much hatred people have for her). My parents (who have voted republican in the past), my current bosses, 99% of my friends who are Democrats have Obama fever. So I think he stands a great chance in the general election.

McCain's recent ad is kind of scary...walking with Reagan, American flags, and footage of him as a POW.
a US presidential candidate with american flags in a campaign commercial?!?!?!!? fucking frightening maaaaan...

Chip Chanko

« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2008, 05:45:00 pm »
Yeah, you're right. Political ads are pretty bad in general.

a US presidential candidate with american flags in a campaign commercial?!?!?!!? fucking frightening maaaaan...

godsshoeshine

« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2008, 05:51:00 pm »

[/b]
The Republicans are running the one (serious) candidate who can argue he's a change from Bush. I'd put his odds at about 50/50 against Clinton and about 90% against Obama. [/b]
i'd put obama at having a 51% chance of winning and hillary at only 9%
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2008, 06:29:00 pm »
  lack of a legislative record is exactly what i want from a nominee
Don't forget 'hope' gotta have 'hope'.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2008, 06:38:00 pm »

if i posted a fox news "encyclopedia" to flaunt dick cheney's record i can only imagine the responses id get..
. [/b]
i mean white water and the impeachment got an entire paragraph...seems right. [/b]
Just what charges exactly came out of the Whitewater witch hunt? And how did that, ahem, Independant prosecutor, Starr, work out for the republican lynch mob?

If chicken hawk Bush was held to the same standards as Clinton was, Bush would now be in prison for war crimes against humanity, with Cheney in the next cell.