Author Topic: DC Area Voters  (Read 142410 times)

vansmack

Re: DC Area Voters
« Reply #375 on: February 29, 2008, 07:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mobius:
  And who the f**k is on the other end of the line?  
It's the terrorists.
27>34

taperkat

« Reply #376 on: February 29, 2008, 08:17:00 pm »
the electoral college cost the election, Nader didn't.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #377 on: February 29, 2008, 08:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by -kat-:
Keep telling yourself that, Greenie.
_\|/_

ratioci nation

« Reply #378 on: February 29, 2008, 08:44:00 pm »

vansmack

« Reply #379 on: March 01, 2008, 01:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by you be betty:
  no, but his little friend Samantha Power has NO problem proclaiming that she would like to go full force at Israel...
Let me guess, you got your information from an email that was forwarded at least 1000 times before it reached you?  It probably originated from Mark Penn.

Obama on Difficult Path as He Courts Jewish Voters

"The candidateâ??s Israel advisers are three former staff members to President Bill Clinton: Dennis Ross, a top Mideast adviser; Anthony Lake, national security adviser and Susan Rice, assistant secretary of state. Other advisers on Israeli and Mideast matters are [Representative Robert] Wexler [of Florida]; Dan Shapiro, formerly of the Clinton national security council, and Eric Lynn, a former Congressional aide. (All but Ms. Rice are Jewish.)"
27>34

• my blog
« Reply #380 on: March 01, 2008, 02:00:00 pm »
If I understand the latest whispering campaign about Obama correctly, being black automatically puts you in bed with Louis Farrakhan and makes you an anti-Semite?
_\|/_

Mobius

« Reply #381 on: March 01, 2008, 05:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by Mobius:
  And who the f**k is on the other end of the line?  
It's the terrorists. [/b]
gaddam evildoers have no respect for other people's cut-off times.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #382 on: March 01, 2008, 06:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
  I'm also not sure how her "experience" qualifies her for this.  Even presuming she was sleeping in the same bed as Bill, the most her experience in a situation like this meant would've been that she would've been woken up by the sound of the phone while Bill took the call.

I very much hope there will be a woman president some day, but it's not going to be Hillary. It's much more likely going to be someone who rose to that stature on her own, rather than on the coattails of a political marriage.
...except that she has served in the Senate since 2000?  I agree that it is difficult to pinpoint whether being first lady actually qualifies as legitimate experience or not.  But stop omitting her other qualifications.

ratioci nation

« Reply #383 on: March 01, 2008, 07:49:00 pm »
  ...except that she has served in the Senate since 2000?  I agree that it is difficult to pinpoint whether being first lady actually qualifies as legitimate experience or not.  But stop omitting her other qualifications.
when she talks about her experience with the phone ringing in the white house at 3am its pretty clear that didnt happen in the senate

Venerable Bede

« Reply #384 on: March 01, 2008, 08:14:00 pm »
  If I understand the latest whispering campaign about Obama correctly, being black automatically puts you in bed with Louis Farrakhan and makes you an anti-Semite?
the farrakhan link is that the head of the church that obama attends (and is very close with) recently named farrakhan as the churchs' man of the year (or something along those lines) and praised farrakhan for doing so much for black america.  i don't need to explain farrakhan's stance on whites and jews, so, the problem becomes whether obama has done enough to distance himself from his church leader?  that's my understanding of the farrakhan issue.  frankly, i don't really care because for every sharpton and farrakhan on the left, there's a hagee and others on the right; plus, i'm more interested in the anti-NAFTA/free trade positions that obama and hillary have all of sudden taken.
OU812

• my blog
« Reply #385 on: March 01, 2008, 08:17:00 pm »
And Obama has served in the Senate since 2003.  So Hilary has exactly three more years Senate experience than Obama.   Doesn't seem like that big a deal to me.

Further, if you count the Illinois legislature, where Obama served seven years, his total time in elective office exceeds Hilary's -- Hilary was never elected to any office prior to her current junior Senate seat.

Actually, legislature experience is no indicator of how someone would be as a President, because it is not an executive role -- it doesn't involve running anything.   So one might argue that with any of the candidates -- McCain, Hilary, or Obama -- one has to look for some other indicators as to how they'd be.
_\|/_

taperkat

« Reply #386 on: March 02, 2008, 04:59:00 pm »

Keep telling yourself that, Greenie. [/b]
No reason to vote for a Dem if it's a state that will go Republican no matter what. It's pissing in the wind. So yes. I wouldn't vote if there weren't third party candidates.

• my blog
« Reply #387 on: March 02, 2008, 05:15:00 pm »

No reason to vote for a Dem if it's a state that will go Republican no matter what. It's pissing in the wind. So yes. I wouldn't vote if there weren't third party candidates. [/b]
Florida was not, and is not, a state that will go Republican no matter what.

I know it's easy to cast a vote and walk out of the voting booth feeling righteous, without actually having accomplished anything, but if you've really got issues with the Dems or the Republicans, your best bet would be to work inside one of those parties to change it.   In our lifetimes, a third party will never win the Presidency.
_\|/_

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #388 on: March 03, 2008, 09:00:00 am »

You're a retard, Doctor Doom.  Put you in the group with all the impotent, Rock Band-playing losers.  

I completely have ZERO respect for people who say Nader "cost" Gore the election.  Bitter much?

Have you EVER played sports, "Doctor Doom?"  

I can't believe I'm responding to someone who calls themselves "They Call Me, Doctor Doom."  Grow up!  It must be tough being an asthmatic virgin in 2008.

People voted for Ralph Nader.  That's it.  Asshats like you and Moby and Joel Stein (all three really brilliant people, may I add) bitch and whine and menstruate about how if "Nader wasn't in it, they would have voted for Al Gore."  How the f do you know that?  What kind of public school, retarded logic is that?  If, if, if...  Hey, if Ross Perot didn't run do you really think we would have had eight years of Clinton?

People who are angry at Ralph Nader for "stealing" the 2000 election are stupidest, whiny people I know.  

Hey, genius.  If you ever meet Tom Brady, impress him with this little nugget: "IF you had scored more points in the Super Bowl, you would have won."  He may get down on his knees and blow you, "Doctor Doom."

Brian

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #389 on: March 03, 2008, 11:18:00 am »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:

when she talks about her experience with the phone ringing in the white house at 3am its pretty clear that didnt happen in the senate [/b]
Well I suppose I'm not presidential material, because if the damn phone rings at 3am in my house the fucker is going straight into voicemail....