Author Topic: DC Area Voters  (Read 142363 times)

manimtired

Re: DC Area Voters
« Reply #585 on: March 18, 2008, 01:37:00 pm »
but godwins law is just such a good law...

Sage 703

« Reply #586 on: March 18, 2008, 01:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by 47 YEAR OLD VIRGIN:
   ]Do we know who wrote Obama's speech today?
We do.  Obama did.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #587 on: March 18, 2008, 01:44:00 pm »

Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  honestly, i read your and mank's arguments as youve come to your conclusion before getting both sides. and you call obama supporters sheep     :roll:  
huh?

I came to my conclusion that Obama wasn't for me a while ago. First of all he doesn't have the experience to be president and I did comment on this board that it's too soon for him imho, but I would consider voting for him in the future.

As I watched what he had to say during speeches and debates..or rather what he 'didn't' have to say actually....I felt even stronger that he wasn't the candidate for  me.

Then when I heard his wife's rant about being proud of America for the first time in her life, that just confirmed to me it was the right decision to not vote for him...ever. Then his pastor and  campaign advisors racist bigotry came out and that closed the book on him as far as I'm concerned.

Sheep follow. You can agree or disagree with my opinions all day long, but just who am I 'following' exactly? [/b]
you stated a few weeks back that obama didnt have a plan. another boarder linked you to his plan, and you couldnt be bothered to read it. now this issue arises, and you cant be bothered to hear both sides of the story. just sounds like you've had your blinders on from the get go here. im not sure who youre following, but you sound like a talking point rather than an informed participant in democracy
o/\o

manimtired

« Reply #588 on: March 18, 2008, 01:51:00 pm »

honestly, i read your and mank's arguments as youve come to your conclusion before getting both sides. and you call obama supporters sheep      :roll:    
huh?

I came to my conclusion that Obama wasn't for me a while ago. First of all he doesn't have the experience to be president and I did comment on this board that it's too soon for him imho, but I would consider voting for him in the future.

As I watched what he had to say during speeches and debates..or rather what he 'didn't' have to say actually....I felt even stronger that he wasn't the candidate for  me.

Then when I heard his wife's rant about being proud of America for the first time in her life, that just confirmed to me it was the right decision to not vote for him...ever. Then his pastor and  campaign advisors racist bigotry came out and that closed the book on him as far as I'm concerned.

Sheep follow. You can agree or disagree with my opinions all day long, but just who am I 'following' exactly? [/b]
you stated a few weeks back that obama didnt have a plan. another boarder linked you to his plan, and you couldnt be bothered to read it. now this issue arises, and you cant be bothered to hear both sides of the story. just sounds like you've had your blinders on from the get go here. im not sure who youre following, but you sound like a talking point rather than an informed participant in democracy [/b]
and you believe a 20 minute prepared speech over a mans actions for the past 25 years.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #589 on: March 18, 2008, 01:56:00 pm »
if you read/watch the speach and arrive at that conclusion, the debate would be much more informed is all i am saying
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #590 on: March 18, 2008, 01:56:00 pm »
Actually, What I said was I am just like the vast majority of American voters who are going to get their information from mainstream media etc...and Obama has said nothing to me that has given me the desire to go read his manifesto. That's his problem, not mine.

My decision has since been made who I'm not going to vote for, and a prepared speech is completely meaningless for me at this stage. Would he have made this prepared speech had this issue not arisen? A speech most likely prepared by someone else, or someone else most likely had a part in writing it, so it's completely without merit as far as I'm concerned. I don't need to hear it, I've heard enough of politicians spin, and this has just proven that he is no different. He's just a politician trying to get his arse out of the fire.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #591 on: March 18, 2008, 02:03:00 pm »
ok, so youre a media sheep. thanks for clearing that up
o/\o

Sage 703

« Reply #592 on: March 18, 2008, 02:10:00 pm »
  He's just a politician trying to get his arse out of the fire.
If you, you know, read or watched the speech, you might think differently.  But can you really argue with willed ignorance?

vansmack

« Reply #593 on: March 18, 2008, 02:13:00 pm »
I'm going to pistol whip the next person that says "shenanigans"
27>34

ggw

« Reply #594 on: March 18, 2008, 02:13:00 pm »
I don't have time to find it now, but there is an election thread from this time last year where Mankie said he wouldn't vote for Obama because America would never elect a muslim.  It doesn't really matter what "the media" says or doesn't say, Mankie made up his mind long ago.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #595 on: March 18, 2008, 02:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  I don't have time to find it now, but there is an election thread from this time last year where Mankie said he wouldn't vote for Obama because America would never elect a muslim.  It doesn't really matter what "the media" says or doesn't say, Mankie made up his mind long ago.
MUSLIM??????? The fucker's a terrorist??
   :eek:    :eek:  

Well he does go to pray where they gave Farrakhan a lifetime acvhievement award so I was way ahead of the flock on that one..

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #596 on: March 18, 2008, 02:29:00 pm »
  ok, so youre a media sheep. thanks for clearing that up
Baaaaaaa.

Where did you watch 'the speech'?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #597 on: March 18, 2008, 02:33:00 pm »
i dont have speakers at work, so i printed off the web
o/\o