Author Topic: doves / mercury rev show?  (Read 5910 times)

sonickteam2

doves / mercury rev show?
« on: March 30, 2005, 03:21:00 pm »
has anyone heard definitely who's headlining on this tour?  my initial reaction would be Mercury Rev, but someone told me they thought it to be Doves......thats absurd, but reading some articles, most mention mostly Doves and then M Rev at the end......or maybe they both play for 90 minutes or something?

joz

Re: doves / mercury rev show?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 04:00:00 pm »
i'd really like to know this also...i'm only interested in mercury rev but i'm not going to buy tix if they're only playing for 30 minutes.

pip

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 04:16:00 pm »
I'm not sure how much time each band will get on stage, but Doves are definitely headlining and Mercury Rev is opening.

From Mercury Rev's official website:

Mercury Rev have announced they will embark upon an extensive North American tour that coincides with the US release of their new album The Secret Migration. Following their appearance at the Coachella Festival on 30 April, the band will be touring as special guests of Doves throughout May,  

sonickteam2

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 04:22:00 pm »
fuck it, i'll pass.  they should tour sometime by themselves later then.  how weak. 3 mediocre albums and they tour SUPPORTING the best band ever to hail from Buffalo???

i dont think so.

ggw

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 04:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
 the best band ever to hail from Buffalo???

Better than the Goo Goo Dolls?

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 04:33:00 pm »
Better than Ani DiFranco?

fuck it, i'll pass.  they should tour sometime by themselves later then.  how weak. 3 mediocre albums and they tour SUPPORTING the best band ever to hail from Buffalo???

i dont think so.

sonickteam2

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 04:34:00 pm »
yes and hell yes.

joz

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 04:36:00 pm »

i dont think so.
your message was a bit confusing but i agree that the line-up should be reversed...when's the last time mercury rev even came around these parts?? i mentioned on another thread that this would be the second time i bought tickets for the doves only to see the opener (last time was with MMJ at the 9:30 a couple of years ago).  how can such a crap band pull such good supporting acts??

pip

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 04:37:00 pm »
  yes and hell yes.
But certainly not better than Rick James?

ratioci nation

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 04:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by joz:
  your message was a bit confusing but i agree that the line-up should be reversed...when's the last time mercury rev even came around these parts?? i mentioned on another thread that this would be the second time i bought tickets for the doves only to see the opener (last time was with MMJ at the 9:30 a couple of years ago).  how can such a crap band pull such good supporting acts??
they were outdone by the opener when they played with Elbow as well

Fico

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 04:41:00 pm »
  i dont think so.
your message was a bit confusing but i agree that the line-up should be reversed...when's the last time mercury rev even came around these parts?? i mentioned on another thread that this would be the second time i bought tickets for the doves only to see the opener (last time was with MMJ at the 9:30 a couple of years ago).  how can such a crap band pull such good supporting acts?? [/QB][/QUOTE]

hang on a sec...Doves a crap band??? this isn't like the Ash/Bravery fiasco by any means...Doves are undoubtedly one of the most progressive and talented bands out there.. Radiohead aside, the most musically adventurous band coming out of Britain.. they may not be yer cup of tea..but crap they are not..

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 04:43:00 pm »
How do you define "most progressive"? What are they doing that is so progressive?

Originally posted by Fico:

i dont think so.
your message was a bit confusing but i agree that the line-up should be reversed...when's the last time mercury rev even came around these parts?? i mentioned on another thread that this would be the second time i bought tickets for the doves only to see the opener (last time was with MMJ at the 9:30 a couple of years ago).  how can such a crap band pull such good supporting acts?? [/b]
hang on a sec...Doves a crap band??? this isn't like the Ash/Bravery fiasco by any means...Doves are undoubtedly one of the most progressive and talented bands out there.. Radiohead aside, the most musically adventurous band coming out of Britain.. they may not be yer cup of tea..but crap they are not.. [/QB][/QUOTE]

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 04:44:00 pm »
or 10 lb cock?

http://www.geocities.com/skatanic_23/mp3.htm

Originally posted by pip:

yes and hell yes.
But certainly not better than Rick James? [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2005, 04:45:00 pm »
  your message was a bit confusing but i agree that the line-up should be reversed...
Doves, with 3 mediocre albums.  really, thats harsh, Doves is a good band, but certainly hasnt earned the right to play after (or longer than) the Rev.

perhaps if both bands are playing the same amount of time, i will go.  still, its a monday in DC.....hmmmmmmmmm.

problem is, Mercury Rev never come around here.

walkonby

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2005, 04:50:00 pm »
somehow i feel the flaming lips are laughing their asses off about it all.  mercury rev should of hung it up after releasing that poop ship, "all is dream."