Author Topic: Stern makes Mank's day...  (Read 4814 times)

Bags

Stern makes Mank's day...
« on: March 07, 2004, 12:15:00 am »
Stern believes radio reign coming to an end
 - - - - - - - - - - - -
 March 6, 2004  |  NEW YORK (AP) -- Shock jock and self-proclaimed "King of All Media" Howard Stern believes his reign on the radio is coming to an end. "The show is over," he announced Friday morning on his nationally syndicated radio program. "It's over."

It's not -- at least not yet. But Stern predicted that a Federal Communications Communication crackdown on indecency on the airwaves will force his salacious show off the dial.

"I'm guessing that sometime next week will be my last show on this station," said Stern, adding that he expected the FCC to hit him with a whopping indecency fine. "There's a cultural war going on. The religious right is winning. We're losing."

A telephone call to Infinity Broadcasting, which syndicates Stern's show, was not returned Saturday to discuss Stern's comments.

On Friday, Stern devoted the first 2 1/2 hours of his show to his anticipated demise, a change of pace from the usual fare of naked women and toilet humor.

Clear Channel Communications yanked Stern from stations in San Diego, Pittsburgh, Rochester, N.Y., Louisville, Ky., and Fort Lauderdale and Orlando, Fla. on Feb. 25. The company said the suspension would last until the Stern show met its programming guidelines.

"This time they have to fire me," Stern said. "I'm through. I'm a dead man walking."

On Thursday, Clear Channel paid a record $755,000 fine levied last month by the FCC for indecent material aired by several of its stations.
 - - - - - - - - - - - -

uuuuurrrrgggghhh, normally I would have heard about an hour of Friday's show, but I was flying and missed it....  Hmmmm.    - bags

mankie

Re: Stern makes Mank's day...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 12:54:00 am »
I'm not a Stern hater....I just don't find him funny, and don't understand how he gets away (or rather got away) with it, when other dj's were fired for much less offensive comments.

helicon1

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 07:36:00 am »
Originally posted by mankie:
  I'm not a Stern hater....I just don't find him funny, and don't understand how he gets away (or rather got away) with it, when other dj's were fired for much less offensive comments.
Because he brings in much more $$$ than other DJ's. Until his sponsors really start dropping him, he will stay on the air. It's all just a business anyway.

J'Mal

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 11:52:00 am »
How can a guy who is normally #1 in the ratings be offensive to "community standards?"

I've got no use for Stern, he's boring.  But the fascism at the FCC has to stop.

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2004, 02:53:00 pm »
From DCRTV.com

3/5/04

There are wild rumors flying all over the place that Infinity's WJFK-FM may dump Howard Stern's morning radio show. So far, nothing concrete, except for a few cryptic comments from Don Geronimo on his Friday afternoon show about him and his partner, Mike O'Meara, moving to the morning shift.

flawd101

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2004, 09:01:00 pm »
don and mike are cool but they are no stern.  i think after a while they will try to bring him back but he will find somewhere to go...

keithstg

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2004, 10:25:00 am »
Originally posted by flawd101:
  don and mike are cool but they are no stern.  i think after a while they will try to bring him back but he will find somewhere to go...
Don and Mike are about as cool as herpes. I don't think they have said anything funny during the past four years. They are both fat, haggard Stern ripoffs, and they know it.

Bags

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2004, 10:38:00 am »
Originally posted by keithstg:

Don and Mike are about as cool as herpes. I don't think they have said anything funny during the past four years. They are both fat, haggard Stern ripoffs, and they know it. [/b]
I couldn't have said that better myself.  If Stern goes off the air, I'm through with talk radio (until that Al Franken show hits the air....).  The copycats are painful.

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2004, 11:49:00 am »
Brownback Heading Stern Ouster

"Sen. Brownback lives with six members of Congress in a $1 Million Capitol Hill townhouse that is subsidized by a secret religious organization"

ratioci nation

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2004, 11:51:00 am »
Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:
  Brownback Heading Stern Ouster

"Sen. Brownback lives with six members of Congress in a $1 Million Capitol Hill townhouse that is subsidized by a secret religious organization"
fyi to others - the ads on this article are not safe for work

G.Love

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2004, 11:59:00 am »
I heard part of the show on friday and he was basically saying that his boss, Mel, is being pressured economically so at some point He will have to leave.  As well as other stuff about the religious right getting out of control under Bush so he and his listeners need to vote him out of office.

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2004, 12:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:
  fyi to others - the ads on this article are not safe for work
It's all in a day's work for our very own, homegrown 'Net-Nanny', Jadetreehorn, who protects the flock from harm.

mankie

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2004, 12:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by keithstg:

Don and Mike are about as cool as herpes. I don't think they have said anything funny during the past four years. They are both fat, haggard Stern ripoffs, and they know it. [/b]
..and Stern is just a Greaseman ripoff.  :p

Bags

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2004, 03:26:00 pm »
Now I know you're on drugs are senile, Mank.  Other way around.  Greaseman is old as dirt, but started his current 'angry man' schtick after Howard...he was just doing funny voices and shit before that...

G.Love

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2004, 03:33:00 pm »
Greaseman was up in New York after he was fired for his racist remarks in DC, and he failed miserably.  Now he is on AM radio.

"back when I was sgt. greasemanelli blowing away the vietcong - budapow, budapow"  :roll:  

Come on Mank? how that greaseman schtick was crap and grew old real fast!