Author Topic: Lets all hide in our homes  (Read 15761 times)

markie

Re: Lets all hide in our homes
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2003, 06:03:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Venerable Bede:<BR><B> well. . .the u.s. is not gonna install a christian as leader of iraq, the government has already said as much. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>but he will still be a puppet to the infidels who invaded? <P>I am sure that is how some of the middle east will see it. They will probably strap explosives to themselves and go and hug the nearest pale blue beret they can find.

myuman

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2003, 06:04:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> how thick are you?<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>About as thick as the person who would take the hamburger off the McDonalds menu.... stick with what works.

markie

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2003, 06:09:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by myuman:<BR><B> About as thick as the person who would take the hamburger off the McDonalds menu.... stick with what works.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No you are about as smart as the person that put beef extract in the Mickey D's fries in India.<P>Yea, I know, stick with what works and get a big fookin' fine!!!<P>Ha Ha

Venerable Bede

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2003, 06:11:00 pm »
infidel?  oooh. . .according to who's definition?  according to osama, saddam already is an infidel.  if according to traditional islamic defition, that person would not be an infidel if he believed that there is but one god and allah is his name, and followed the other tenets of islam.  course, if you use an islamic fundamentalist definition, then association with the West is de facto (see Iran).
OU812

ggw

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2003, 06:13:00 pm »
What's QANGO?

myuman

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2003, 06:13:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> <BR>I am sure that is how some of the middle east will see it. They will probably strap explosives to themselves and go and hug the nearest pale blue beret they can find.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I don't think our goal is to clean house.  That once again is way too idealistic.  Our main goal is to create an environment that is more stable for Americans.  No a Catholic prez would not be the answer, but not everyone in Iraq is happy with the current situation, and would be thrilled with a new leader.  There would be hostilities.  But it will be safer for the U.S. with Saddam gone for sure.

markie

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2003, 06:21:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ggw:<BR><B>What's QANGO?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>quango  QUAsi-Non Governmental Organization (1973, 12W)<P>Again, I cant spell.<P>Britain used to be ruled by them.<P> Non-elected groups that would make decisions of great importance....

markie

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2003, 06:23:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by myuman:<BR><B> I don't think our goal is to clean house.  That once again is way too idealistic.  Our main goal is to create an environment that is more stable for Americans.  No a Catholic prez would not be the answer, but not everyone in America is happy with the current situation, and would be thrilled with a new leader.  There would be hostilities.  But it will be safer for the saddam with Bush gone for sure.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Now I can agree with your statement.<P>there is no clear exit strategy for after a war. Ask Russia how it feels about Chechnya.<P>

ggw

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2003, 06:28:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> <BR>quango  QUAsi-Non Governmental Organization (1973, 12W)<P>Again, I cant spell.<P>Britain used to be ruled by them.<P> Non-elected groups that would make decisions of great importance....</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>In the US we call them "lobbyists"

Ikarus

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2003, 06:28:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ggw:<BR><B>It would build a lot of the goodwill that the US is sorely lacking.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>i was real excited when powell mentioned support and plans for a palestinian state.  then that whole 9/11 thing went down.<P>bah.  they're our biggest client state.  things won't change until israelis see their biggest threat is thugs and losers like sharon.

ggw

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2003, 06:30:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> Do you think the middle east will be more stable when a catholic led QANGO is in charge of Iraq?<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> <P>I was worried that you were suggesting Carl Palmer was going to be in charge of Iraq.  Iraq is in Asia and all.......

Ikarus

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2003, 06:31:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B>...too bad so many people in the US equate this kind of thought with antisemitism</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>absurd isn't it?  a fine example of newspeak, though.

markie

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2003, 06:31:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ggw:<BR><B> In the US we call them "lobbyists"</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>great innit, groups of people appointed by the government who after much deliberation come up with exactly what government wanted to hear all along.....

Celeste

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2003, 06:37:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> When will we know the truth about Bush's reign of terror?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>come on...reign of stupidity,maybe, but not reign of terror...

jadetree

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2003, 06:45:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Celeste:<BR><B> come on...reign of stupidity,maybe, but not reign of terror...</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>it was a joke