Author Topic: So what do you think of the new site?  (Read 32355 times)

Shadrach

So what do you think of the new site?
« on: December 02, 2008, 11:59:08 am »
Thoughts?

Sage 703

Re: So what do you think of the new site?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 12:01:03 pm »
I'm impressed with it, but I think that the dark gold text is a bit hard to read on the black background.  Is there a way to adjust that so it pops a little bit more?

Kudos for the upgrade!

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 12:03:02 pm »
I searched on "porky midget", and thankfully the search function doesn't go back that far.

eros

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 12:10:07 pm »
I always liked seeing the night's set times on the front page (especially for nights like tonight when I am actually going to the show)...am I missing that now?
ʎɐʍou

Shadrach

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 12:11:25 pm »
I searched on "porky midget", and thankfully the search function doesn't go back that far.

My question is about the actual 9:30 site, not the forum. Thanks.

Shadrach

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 12:12:09 pm »
I always liked seeing the night's set times on the front page (especially for nights like tonight when I am actually going to the show)...am I missing that now?

We're working on that right now and that should be fixed in a day or two.

walkonby

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 12:17:21 pm »
gay.  satan.  lol.  brian.  dupek.  thatguy.  obama.  hot topic.  radiohead.  smashing pumpkins.  the pixies.  the smiths.  wine on your lips.  piss on your head.  post of the day, post of the week.  nkotb like everything ween.  what's playing in ny instead of dc?  five million died today, what songs go with that?  dar sucks, nissan sucks, verizon sucks, merriweather sucks, black cat's ok.  indie this, indie that.  walkonby is a nonstop brat.

saintangelsin

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 12:23:56 pm »
Change has always been something for me to get used to. Not too sure if I like the new smiley faces for the board. Plus, I miss being able to automatically reply at the bottom of a thread, but I'm sure I'll get over it.

I also agree callat about the dark gold lettering. It's a bit tricky to see.

As for the website,  I like how it looks like the front of the club when I get on the site. But one thing I haven't seen yet are the set times on the front page. I think that's one feature that was always super useful, so my suggestion  is bring that back. If it's already on the site, then please tell me where it is.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 12:25:33 pm »
I'm impressed with it, but I think that the dark gold text is a bit hard to read on the black background.  Is there a way to adjust that so it pops a little bit more?

Kudos for the upgrade!
I kind of agree about the text color but I think a lot of it depends on the lighting in your room at the time. Could be a bit staining in dimmer light. Certainly beats that old purple on black which was impossible to read! On the old, the orange was ugly as sin but at least it was easy to read.

walkonby

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 12:26:32 pm »
oooh, oooh, first to be be mean, first to be mean.  someone already mentioned that, helen keller.

Tom Servo

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 12:29:51 pm »
I like the new site and the facade photo design.  Takes a minute to orient to find all the info but it's pretty well laid out.  I like floor paneling on the side to give it the personal touch...all it needs now is some red plastic cups strewn about and some bobbing heads.  

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 12:30:07 pm »
visually, the new 930 website is a bit cluttered.  the different fonts and the background images on either side of the screen that don't match the center content's look are the biggest visual annoyances for me.  suggestion: trim down the number of fonts used, and ditch the faux-wood flooring and blue blocks in the margins... go with solid black background.

love the merch section, and the fact that you used staph as models and that they were posed around the club  8)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 12:31:43 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 12:33:51 pm »
it would be best to stick with one background for the forum, having a different background the different screens seems a bit over kill
T.Rex

walkonby

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 12:35:03 pm »
visually, the new 930 website is a bit cluttered.  the different fonts and the background images on either side of the screen that don't match the center content's look are the biggest visual annoyances for me.  suggestion: trim down the number of fonts used, and ditch the faux-wood flooring and blue blocks in the margins... go with solid black background.

love the merch section, and the fact that you used staph as models and that they were posed around the club  8)

i like how in the one group picture, the girls are like, "look i'm smiling in this mold infested looking basement bar,"  and the guys are like, "i don't smile, because that would be gay . . . in this "who cares what a bar looks like as long as it has booze."

saintangelsin

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 12:38:30 pm »
it would be best to stick with one background for the forum, having a different background the different screens seems a bit over kill

I agree! Also, something else I just realized is that all my messages are gone :( Is it possible to get them back?