Author Topic: So what do you think of the new site?  (Read 32344 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: So what do you think of the new site?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 12:38:39 pm »
I like the new site and the facade photo design.  Takes a minute to orient to find all the info but it's pretty well laid out.  I like floor paneling on the side to give it the personal touch...all it needs now is some red plastic cups strewn about and some bobbing heads.  
See, I love the basic design of the panelling of something on the sides but I am not at all thrilled about the wall nor the floor, though they both work very well design wise. In no way do I think it's too cluttered. They are not busy. They are simplistic design elements. My problem is that I just don't want to look at that ugly, dirty wall nor the floor. Think I'd rather see something like the old blue and black stage lights from the old board or something stage oriented once inside. Besides, once I'm in the club, I want to see the stage, not the floor. Maybe even just the screens from a PA system. Very simple, balanced (stage wise) and yet has a simplistic design element that is show oriented instead of gazing at the floor. I might be a Shoegazer but it's not the floor I'm interested in.  8)

manimtired

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 12:54:41 pm »
LOL

Shadrach

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 01:03:53 pm »
it would be best to stick with one background for the forum, having a different background the different screens seems a bit over kill

I agree! Also, something else I just realized is that all my messages are gone :( Is it possible to get them back?

Sorry, no. This was addressed weeks ago with a sticky message at the top of the forum telling everyone that during the migration to the new forum you would lose any private messages and to save anything you wanted to keep.

Shadrach

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 01:05:12 pm »
I like the new site and the facade photo design.  Takes a minute to orient to find all the info but it's pretty well laid out.  I like floor paneling on the side to give it the personal touch...all it needs now is some red plastic cups strewn about and some bobbing heads. 
See, I love the basic design of the panelling of something on the sides but I am not at all thrilled about the wall nor the floor, though they both work very well design wise. In no way do I think it's too cluttered. They are not busy. They are simplistic design elements. My problem is that I just don't want to look at that ugly, dirty wall nor the floor. Think I'd rather see something like the old blue and black stage lights from the old board or something stage oriented once inside. Besides, once I'm in the club, I want to see the stage, not the floor. Maybe even just the screens from a PA system. Very simple, balanced (stage wise) and yet has a simplistic design element that is show oriented instead of gazing at the floor. I might be a Shoegazer but it's not the floor I'm interested in.  8)

You can always adjust your browser window size to get rid of the sides all together.

Jaguar

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008, 01:07:19 pm »
it would be best to stick with one background for the forum, having a different background the different screens seems a bit over kill

I agree! Also, something else I just realized is that all my messages are gone :( Is it possible to get them back?

Sorry, no. This was addressed weeks ago with a sticky message at the top of the forum telling everyone that during the migration to the new forum you would lose any private messages and to save anything you wanted to keep.
Okay, I totally missed that message. Haven't been around a whole lot but have dropped in of recent and never saw it. Must have been hidden, unintentionally. Probably would have been best addressed with a special notice email to all members (unless they opted out of such things) but that's water under the bridge now.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 01:09:27 pm »
You can always adjust your browser window size to get rid of the sides all together.

making the user responsible for the usability of a website, instead of designing it to be more usable... excellent strategy  :P
<sig>

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 01:11:45 pm »
Yeah - my PMs are gone, too.  Also - Is there a buddy-list feature?  I don't see it.

oops - i didn't see the sticky before either.  never mind.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 01:13:35 pm by Bombay Chutney »

Cali

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 01:15:31 pm »
like everything so far except the gold font and side borders -- a bit too crowded. also dont like that anyone can read the posts without logging in.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2008, 01:17:03 pm »
As mentioned in the other thread, there is a buddy list feature for SMF, it's just not enabled at the moment.  Since it was a feature of the old forum, it shouldn't be a problem getting it in place here.
T.Rex

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2008, 01:30:58 pm »
love the merch section, and the fact that you used staph as models and that they were posed around the club  8)

thanks.  i shot those pictures.  well, most of them.  not the ones i'm in, and not a couple left over from the old site.

Jaguar

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2008, 01:40:04 pm »
The Concerts page is great!!! Love that you added a 'more info' feature which details the band/s. Very useful. Pics too!

Any way to store an archieve of shows, even if it's only from here on out? A concert archieve not only helps the fans but also details a history of the club. Certainly something the 9:30 Club has to be proud of.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2008, 01:54:05 pm »
Change has always been something for me to get used to. Not too sure if I like the new smiley faces for the board. Plus, I miss being able to automatically reply at the bottom of a thread, but I'm sure I'll get over it.

There is a quick reply feature like the one available on the old forum.  It can be turned on by going to your Profile Settings.

Profile > Look & Layout > Use quick reply on topic display
T.Rex

Chip Chanko

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2008, 02:32:15 pm »
To me all the new stuff feels messy and hard to read. I miss everything about the old site except the addition of search (which is good). The way quotes are highlighted feels like overkill, it draws your attention to the quote than to the reply. Also, the color for boxes you can type in is too close to the color of the black/grey background (this is on a PC CRT). I appreciate the effort, though.

Shadrach

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2008, 03:04:22 pm »

making the user responsible for the usability of a website, instead of designing it to be more usable... excellent strategy  :P

Sarcasm aside, this isn't a usability issue as much as a visual preference easily changed by the user should they decide.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2008, 03:07:30 pm »
Site looks good but whatever the setting is that has the background design rotating nix.  I've seen the brick wall, blue plaid, and wood floor so far (and maybe a solid black.  The black was best then the wood floor.  The blue is horrible!  All in al looks pretty good.  We need time to give it a full spin before any additional constructive comments can be made.
FUKIT