Author Topic: So what do you think of the new site?  (Read 32354 times)

azaghal1981

Re: So what do you think of the new site?
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2008, 02:16:40 am »
Just register for the E-Blast.

You'll get the new shows in your inbox every week like clockwork.

Edit: well...almost like clockwork.
احمد

Darth Ed

« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2008, 02:17:03 pm »
I'm fine with the new page, but can I put in a request for an RSS feed?  All I generally care about are the new shows, so an RSS feed would be ideal for me.  Surely I can't be the only one who would like this?
(OK, I care about set times too, but that's less RSS-friendly)

-Tom
Hey, Tom. I completely agree with you. An RSS feed would be wonderful. E-mail is soo 20th century.

Bags

« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2008, 11:40:43 am »
I agree -- the white background for quotes make them the dominant visual. 

But, I have to admit that I take time adapting to change, and rarely like it at first.  The search function, which I haven't used yet, will be worth any adjustment I have to endure, however!!!

PS, what is a buddy list?

\The way quotes are highlighted feels like overkill, it draws your attention to the quote than to the reply. Also, the color for boxes you can type in is too close to the color of the black/grey background (this is on a PC CRT). I appreciate the effort, though.

Bags

« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2008, 11:52:34 am »
I'm not sure when the new site went live, but I think it took me several days (well, today's my first day on here; realized it had been changed on Thursday or Friday of last week).  And then I couldn't get in and refused to re-register with a different name.  I had trouble getting the password reminder it kept telling me my user name was wrong.  I couldn't remember if my user name was the same as my display name as I haven't logged in for years...stayed logged in at both home and work.

Today I used the password change request using my email address, which I don't remember finding last week.

It would be sort of interesting to try and draw out some trends on how quickly people caught on to the new location. I just discovered it today, having thought the old forum was down for 2 days or so. Are there consistent patterns among those for whom it took longer to show up? Age? Satisfaction in life? Amount of sex being had on daily basis?

Relaxer

« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2008, 12:20:38 pm »
I look forward to reading people?s accounts of their confusion, difficulties and challenges in adapting to the new site so that I can smirk and think to myself ?Well aren?t you a hot mess now? and feel superior for about 3 minutes before returning back to my crushing cave of hollowed-out introspection.

Actually, I just wanted to chronicle and justify the fact that I read Bags? post and said to myself, Well aren?t you a hot mess now, but I wasn?t 100% confident in my reasoning or position there.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2008, 12:22:05 pm »
Ultimately this has more to do with my current obsession with calling everything a 'hot mess'.
oword

Bags

« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2008, 12:31:20 pm »
Relaxer, I think you'd be justified in calling me a hot mess just about anytime, and being within the bounds of "pretty close."

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2008, 01:40:50 pm »

I thought the club and web had both closed down! Wouldn't work off my saved link for the home page.

Did another search today and found it. Glad all is well......

Christine Moritz

« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2008, 11:57:14 am »
I hate to say this, but the new forum design is making me visit the forum less.

:(

The borders hurt my eyes (it's not quite as bad on my home computer because they're narrower there -- not sure if this is because I'm on Firefox there, or because of the screen resolution settings).  And the brown-on-black color scheme for the listing of thread topics makes them hard to read.

I am glad there's now a search function and all, but couldn't the design/layout be stripped down a bit to make it more user-friendly?

On the plus side, I am pleased to see that the "today's set times" box has been added back to the main site -- that's a very handy feature.

walkonby

« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2008, 12:27:13 pm »
I hate to say this, but the new forum design is making me visit the forum less.

:(

The borders hurt my eyes (it's not quite as bad on my home computer because they're narrower there -- not sure if this is because I'm on Firefox there, or because of the screen resolution settings).  And the brown-on-black color scheme for the listing of thread topics makes them hard to read.

I am glad there's now a search function and all, but couldn't the design/layout be stripped down a bit to make it more user-friendly?

On the plus side, I am pleased to see that the "today's set times" box has been added back to the main site -- that's a very handy feature.

don't worry, i am contemplating unleashing my inner crazy, like david foster wallace, and make this site the interesting place it needs to be!!

Vas Deferens

« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2008, 10:22:47 am »
I like the fact that you can modify your post from the day before...
(_|_)