Author Topic: How bout my Ravens  (Read 51833 times)

sonickteam2

Re: How bout my Ravens
« Reply #120 on: January 19, 2009, 12:18:10 pm »
Can someone explain to me why Steelers fans feel the need to send firmwide emails with pictures of their quarterbacks and myspace bulletins trash talking everyone they know and work with regardless of whether they like the Steelers, their rivals or football in general.

I didnt get any Cardinals pictures in my email.  No NY Giants emails last year, no Phillies emails back in October. In fact, I have never once received a firmwide email or myspace bulletin regarding another team ever, in my life.  But I think every year I get this stuff about the Steelers. And not just at this job, my last one too.

Does this happen to anyone else or is this some crazy thing that only happens to me?

sonickteam2

« Reply #121 on: January 19, 2009, 12:22:10 pm »
Watching ESPNs Streak for the Cash last night

btw, thanks for getting me hooked on this fucking thing.  :P

vansmack

« Reply #122 on: January 19, 2009, 12:55:10 pm »
Watching ESPNs Streak for the Cash last night

btw, thanks for getting me hooked on this fucking thing.  :P

Why aren't you in my group?  Venerable currently leads, with godshoeshie bringing up the rear.  BTW - it works on most mobile phones too.  Smackette HATES it.

If they do this through baseball season, I'm gonna win this thing.

As far as Steeler fans, there's really no defense of it, but I will say this: when they were wheeling McGahee down the tunnel and the cameras were following them, I was really worried about what the fans were going to be shouting at him.  I was SHOCKED when I heard them shouting encouragement to "Willis" - about the classiest thing I've seen from Steelers fans.  Of course, I probably wouldn't have noticed it in any stadium because it's the norm...
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2009, 01:03:13 pm »
stupid pitt panthers. i was winning before that

of course theres no defense for abusing opposing fans, but sorry if i dont really buy a ravens fan pretending that it only happens in pittsburgh
o/\o

sonickteam2

« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2009, 01:19:23 pm »
I am not sure if you were referring to my post or not but anyway.

I worked at Ravens Stadium for a season and i have been to NFL games in New England, Detroit, Green Bay, Washington and Philadelphia and I will tell you that there is no difference in ANY of the behaviour of the home fans, especially towards opposing fans at their stadium.

Well, except green bay, but a) i didnt see like any Lions fans  and b) it was too cold to be mean!

If you sit in the upper deck of any NFL stadium with an opposing jersey on , then you want to be messed with, pure and simple.

I just wonder why I get emails as i really have no opinion on either team here.

I will join this group now. :)  I started out 0-5 for some reason...so i have some catching up to do.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2009, 01:23:56 pm »
i didnt see your post honestly, i was responding to seth

as far as your rhetorical question, steelers fans do love email. i got like 6 steelers emails from relatives last week
o/\o

bigDT

« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2009, 04:10:07 am »
I am a Steelers fan and have been a die-hard one my entire life.  If you're wondering about why you get emails from Steelers fans, my theory is that our fans are a more tight-knit group than other organizations.  I'm not saying this to put us on a pedistool or disregard other proud football traditions, but anywhere you go in the country there are die-hard steelers fans that band together.  Also, the usual "fair-weather" fan many NFL teams encounter is hard to find with steelers fans.  Steelers football is aobut tradition...whether it be with their power-football style of play, their family ownership, or their dedication to keeping coaches for many years.  With Flacco at the helm for the Ravens I think we can all look forward to many, many great years to come of this unbelievable rivalry.  As for Num Yummy being "SHOCKED" that Steelers fans shouted words of encouragement to an injured McGahee...get real.   Regardless of the rivalry, the only thing anyone should be shocked about is if you find the majority of fans that don't shout words of encouragement at a player with a serious injury.  As for Steelers fans being rude to opposing fans in Heinz field during the AFC championship game agains the Ravens...what do you expect?  This is football.  Those are true football fans...and trash talking opposing fans in your house is part of the game, there's absolutely no reason to take it to heart.  I was at the divisional game and yelled to some Chargers fans "I'm Ron Burgandy...Go fuck yourself san diego" and they responded "that means a whales vagina" and we all had a good laugh.  I've been to tons of maryland football games, penn state games, and ive been to multiple stadiums and thats just the way it goes...no need to consider it rude because if it was a Tuesday and you were wearing a sweater, i doubt anyone is gonna talk shit to you b/c of your football team...sunday at the stadium is a different story though.

well thats my rant...GO STEELERS! 

sonickteam2

« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2009, 09:08:19 am »
firstly bigDT , that was not me who was shocked about fans shouting encouraging words to MaGahee, it was Seth.

Second of all, please, anyone could write that post about their favourite team.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2009, 11:08:53 am »
it was smackie
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2011, 05:07:20 pm »
Don't mind me, just passing through....
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 05:10:46 pm by vansmack »
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2011, 05:12:11 pm »
How much crack does a 14 year old have to use to come up with the name "Ladarius" for her kid?

P.S. Whatever happened to BigDT?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 05:13:48 pm by James Ford »

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2011, 05:18:06 pm »
Ah yeah, Ravens!!!!   ;D

We're peaking at the exact right time. Flacco had a career day and the offense is finally showing signs of life.

Besides the turnovers, I think the most impressive thing was how the Ravens were able to completely shut down the rushing game in the 2nd half.

Can't wait for next week: Ravens-Steelers games are always epic.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 05:32:54 pm by runwhiteyrun06 »

walkonby

« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2011, 05:26:49 pm »
How much crack does a 14 year old have to use to come up with the name "Ladarius" for her kid?

ladarius is persian in origin and means "maintain well; possess and good".

and runwhiteyrun . . . you are unemployed, your opinion is invalid.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2011, 08:32:41 pm »
Hey numbnuts....it's Lardarius.   Go Ravens, beat Pissburgh!!

James Ford

« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2011, 09:19:17 pm »
Hey fan of Lardass, it's PITTSburgh.but you are indeed correct about his name.

With walkonby's explanation, I was actually thinking it was kind of a cool name. But thanks for reinforcing my initial point. Lardarius: What happens when Hootie goes on an eating binge.

I don't watch much football, but everytime I watch I come away thinking that they really need to institute a hair length rule.

Hey numbnuts....it's Lardarius.   Go Ravens, beat Pissburgh!!